Brand new OS? It's just 6.1 renamed... right?

-Rich
    6.1 hasn't officially been released, then it was renamed to 7, still meaning it has not been on a officially on a phone yet
    06-02-11 01:23 PM
    6.1 hasn't officially been released, then it was renamed to 7, still meaning it has not been on a officially on a phone yet
    The diffrences from OS 6 to OS 7 are very minor they added a compass and NFC and the magical liquid graphics I don't know why these minor upgrades would cause furthor delays in testing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 01:51 PM
    The AT&T "early upgrade" fee used to be $75. I heard it went way up. Does anyone know what it is currently? Thanks.
    06-02-11 02:38 PM
    I'm guessing that other device will be the monaco anyways what could be so screwed up about the 9900 that its not being released into the field? It looked pretty solid when the debut it

It is NOT the monaco but I can't yet elaborate. Just because a device looks solid in a controlled environment such as a show setting doesn't mean that it is solid in reality.

Brand new OS? It's just 6.1 renamed... right?

-Rich
    The diffrences from OS 6 to OS 7 are very minor they added a compass and NFC and the magical liquid graphics I don't know why these minor upgrades would cause furthor delays in testing

They may appear to be minor cosmetically but it is nonetheless a new untested OS. That takes longer than releasing a new device on an OS that is already released...

Folks I am just passing along the information I am getting as I always do. I offer opinions based on the real information I see and hear. It won't always be popular I know but it is the most accurate based on the actual info.

PG
    06-02-11 08:20 PM
    RIMM stock down to 40 bucks from 70 since March and its only going to sink lower. They can't execute they just deliver powerpoints
    06-02-11 09:25 PM
    RIMM stock down to 40 bucks from 70 since March and its only going to sink lower. They can't execute they just deliver powerpoints
    This is why I think RIM's marketing is run elementary school kids OR RIM has no idea how to push the service providers to start selling their items soon. RIM still think that they can enjoy a conformable monopoly in the smartphone industry. WRONG.
    06-02-11 09:51 PM
    The AT&T "early upgrade" fee used to be $75. I heard it went way up. Does anyone know what it is currently? Thanks.
    The early upgrade fee is now $250 over the price of the phone for new activations. So a $200 new activation would pay $450 for an early upgrade.
    Aceroller likes this.
    06-02-11 09:52 PM
    craigslist/ebay it when the 9900 launches.. this isn't rocket science.
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-03-11 03:08 PM
    The early upgrade fee is now $250 over the price of the phone for new activations. So a $200 new activation would pay $450 for an early upgrade.
    Thanks AliensWanted.......that's what I will be doing then.
    06-03-11 03:27 PM
    I am thinking that the 9900 MUST be coming to AT&T very soon. The reason why? They have stopped selling the Bold and no longer have a single impressive Blackberry phone for sale.
    I got my last night and was told that T Mobile would be dropping it "tentatively" July/August and AT&T a month or two after.

06-07-11 06:01 PM
    I got my last night and was told that T Mobile would be dropping it "tentatively" July/August and AT&T a month or two after.

how did u get yours???

06-07-11 06:23 PM
    how did u get yours???

I know someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows this other person thats married to someone thats fu@king someone's wife's boyfriend who happens to work at RIM

But really tho it was a gift from a friend...
    Last edited by Lucky45; 06-07-11 at 06:43 PM.
    06-07-11 06:40 PM
    Please more info and pics Small review would be greatly appreciated Thanks

I know someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows this other person thats married to someone thats fu@king someone's wife's boyfriend who happens to work at RIM

But really tho it was a gift from a friend...
    06-07-11 08:18 PM
    Please more info and pics Small review would be greatly appreciated Thanks
    I might do a new thread when I'm done playin' but I'm pretty sure everything has already been covered.
    06-07-11 09:07 PM
    waoo...happy for you..

can u inform us if applications install it on 768 ram on 8gb internal?

thx
    06-08-11 12:14 AM
    Awsome Lucky45! Your name suits you well. I'm envious!

06-08-11 12:48 AM

Show us a REAL image of the phone's information screen or it is BS.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-08-11 at 05:36 AM.
    06-08-11 05:30 AM
    Show us a REAL image of the phone's information screen or it is BS.
    And, does it have the ability to be a WiFi hotspot?
    06-08-11 08:27 AM
    craigslist/ebay it when the 9900 launches.. this isn't rocket science.
    Amen to that!
    06-08-11 08:34 AM
    Thanks AliensWanted.......that's what I will be doing then.
    I have had great success using Craigslist to get rid of phones and fund new ones. The other day I got a three week old Curve 3G on Craiglist in perfect shape for $50. I loaded it up with all the awesome apps (Tether, Smart WiFi, BeBuzz, OS7 icons and more) to make it very valuable for resale. I suspect that once the Bold 99000 drops I can do an early upgrade, sell my Curve 3G and have the same out of pocket expense. We'll see. heck, I'd even sell my Android too if the phone is that awesome, but it is nice having a different OS to play with now and again.

I have yet to truly pay an additional out of pocket fee for a phone in that past few years that way. Also, make friends with someone who works at a store and return the favor if possible. It's always a good opportunity.
    06-08-11 08:40 AM
    i also had luck on craigslist, i just went on there and said i have a torch and want to trade for a at&t 9700 straight up. You'd be shocked at how many e-mails you'll get! a lot of people want the phone (9700) it took me 2 days till i got my 9700 back (had 9700 broke got torch, then traded it for 9700) there is nothing like the 9700 a real work horse! and THE best keyboard!!!!!
    06-09-11 11:52 AM
    I cant wait for this phone to drop....Im with ATT and went to the 9700 from the 9000 and I loved it then all of a sudden it got the White Screen of Death the other day. I popped my SIM into my trusty 9000 and im back in biz again, but damn this 9000 is really slow compared to the 9700 Patiently awaiting the 9900 release.....
    06-10-11 06:49 AM
    I cant wait for this phone to drop....Im with ATT and went to the 9700 from the 9000 and I loved it then all of a sudden it got the White Screen of Death the other day. I popped my SIM into my trusty 9000 and im back in biz again, but damn this 9000 is really slow compared to the 9700 Patiently awaiting the 9900 release.....
    White Screen Of Death.....ouch.

I bricked my old 8220 a few years ago and simply got a new phone, thinking there was nothing I could do.

Plugged it into BBDM a few weeks ago just playing around, loaded a leaked OS onto it and it worked fine.

Sold it on Craigslist for $45 two weeks ago.
    06-10-11 07:21 AM
    Popped into an AT&T Corporate store today in NYC (midtown west) and the rep there said "the Blackberry guy was in last week and said a late June/July release is imminent" and that "OS 7 needed to be fully tested in the field"

Can we take this with any seriousness or is it just adding to the rumor pile?
    06-12-11 10:21 PM
    It's a pile all right.
    10-21-11 04:19 PM
126 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD