Because they don't have a clue when the thing will be ready to release. For some reason RIM can't build a phone, test it, and sell it to your carrier in working order. It requires testing by the carrier to make almost certain it doesn't have a really silly issue like not ringing. 9000 fans might remember that RIM/ATT foible.
    05-28-11 03:44 PM
    And that testing happens with EVERY phone. The big issue is that the buzz is created by mostly Apple devices and RIM. Apple doesn't announce anything until testing is complete and they're ready to release a device. RIM announces devices and then builds/tests them. Its not to say that rumors don't persist about Apple devices are coming but as a company Apple doesn't say much of anything...

PG
    05-29-11 11:51 AM
    Anyone remember the Kyocera 7135? A palm os phone which, for that generation of devices, did everything and got rave reviews. The carrier pulled it and it faded into oblivion. It's only failing was the need for regular rebooting. At the time (2002), people apparently did not accept technology that was less than perfect. Can you imagine getting a replacement BB from your carrier or a being offered a different phone because it dropped a few features and needed a battery pull? Now they pump out crap that has no business being in a beta test and all the fan boys take it in stride. It is a changed world.
    05-29-11 03:38 PM
    If I remember correctly, the videos Kevin posted from Blackberry World showed 9900 on AT&T service. Would have to think that is a good sign.
    I remember when there were videos of the 9780 having At&t service on youtube clips. I wouldnt say its a definite or even a good sign as the 9780 never made it to At&t.
    05-30-11 03:21 PM
    check out 1:31 of this video of the 9900 being used at blackberry world. clearly shows AT&T as the network at the top of the screen.

Heres a clip of the 9780 with the at&t service sign and at&t on the phone itself. Never happened

05-30-11 03:24 PM
    I'm with Sprint, but I think At&t will get both the Bold 9900 and the Torch 2. I'm pretty sure ALL four major US carriers will get the Bold 9900/9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 03:33 PM
    Arent you the same person that said the 9780 was coming to At&t from trusted sources...etc..etc...
    I was told so by someone who had and was carrying a AT&T 9780. AT&T, his employer, even surprised him when they canceled and choose to do the 9800. There were real 9780 AT&T units out there. I held and got to play with two different units. You should see what he us using NOW! It is what all of you are waiting for!

Try not to be bitter. What has happened has happened, just move on and be patient
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-31-11 at 05:13 AM.
    05-30-11 05:40 PM
    I was told so by someone who had and was carrying a AT&T 9780. AT&T, his employer, even surprised him when they canceled and choose to do the 9800. There were real 9780 AT&T units out there. I held and got to play with two different units. You should see what he us using NOW! It is waht all of you are waiting for!

Try not to be bitter. What has happened has happened, just move on and be patient
    False pre-release advertising

At this point I'm going to be a patient. A crackberry patient
    05-30-11 06:17 PM
    I'm with Sprint, but I think At&t will get both the Bold 9900 and the Torch 2. I'm pretty sure ALL four major US carriers will get the Bold 9900/9930.

There is no doubt that AT&T will get the Torch2. I just do not see the point of it. Mine seldom lagged but then I asked little from it. It form factor just did not suit me and the virtual KB was too small for these large hands and the same for the recessed hard keyboard.
    05-31-11 05:15 AM
    The Torch sold very well for At&t last year, so that was no suprise they'd put out a Torch2, which is a pretty decent upgrade from the original Torch.

05-31-11 06:40 AM
    I was at a NJ AT&T store in the mall on Saturday and the representative said he was told they won't be carrying the Bold line anymore. I find that hard to believe and hope it's Not true. I assume the 9900 falls under the Bold branding?

-Rich
    05-31-11 03:13 PM
    Wow, he must not like BlackBerrys he's totally wrong, and pretty much inept lol while I'm sure at&t will push the Torch2 harder, they will like, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile GET the Bold 9900/9930

05-31-11 03:26 PM
    I was at a NJ AT&T store in the mall on Saturday and the representative said he was told they won't be carrying the Bold line anymore. I find that hard to believe and hope it's Not true. I assume the 9900 falls under the Bold branding?

-Rich
    You must have stopped by a Kiosk who are next to the lowest thing on earth

Reps know nothing and will lie in a heartbeat if they can sell you what they have in stock. Can you imagine one telling you to hold off and don't buy now, wait. LOL!

You need to go to a real Corporate store, not something in the mall that has wheels!

AT&T will be doing the Bold 9900 and other new RIM devices as soon as they can get them to sell.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-01-11 at 05:17 AM.
    06-01-11 05:15 AM
    You must have stopped by a Kiosk who are next to the lowest thing on earth

Reps know nothing and will lie in a heartbeat if they can sell you what they have in stock. Can you imagine one telling you to hold off and don't buy now, wait. LOL!

You need to go to a real Corporate store, not something in the mall that has wheels!

AT&T will be doing the Bold 9900 and other new RIM devices as soon as they can get them to sell.
    so your saying there done with testing and now all there waiting for is shipments from RIM?

06-01-11 10:41 AM
    so your saying there done with testing and now all there waiting for is shipments from RIM?

I have read and re-read my last post and can NOT see where I said that. There is so much wishful thinking going on in this forum . . . . . it must hurt
    06-01-11 10:58 AM
    I have read and re-read my last post and can NOT see where I said that. There is so much wishful thinking going on in this forum . . . . . it must hurt
    AT&T will be doing the Bold 9900 and other new RIM devices as soon as they can get them to sell.:-).

you made it sound like the only think holding AT&T selling it was their waiting for shipments from RIM

06-01-11 11:05 AM
    AT&T will be doing the Bold 9900 and other new RIM devices as soon as they can get them to sell.:-).

you made it sound like the only think holding AT&T selling it was their waiting for shipments from RIM

You need to work on comprehension. Me saying that AT&T will sell the device when it is delivered from RIM does NOT mean they are shipping soon. It mean EXACTLY what I said. You are just reading more into it in hopes you can "wish" it true. I DOES hurt! LOL!

Comprehension
    06-01-11 11:25 AM
    You need to work on comprehension. Me saying that AT&T will sell the device when it is delivered from RIM does NOT mean they are shipping soon. It mean EXACTLY what I said. You are just reading more into it in hopes you can "wish" it true. I DOES hurt! LOL!

Comprehension
    I dont think AT&T is getting the device soon but when u say in ur post AT&T will sell the device AS SOON as they get it from RIM ur implying the only reason AT&T isn't selling the deivce yet is because there waiting for shipments from RIM which is not true

06-01-11 11:36 AM
    I dont think AT&T is getting the device soon but when u say in ur post AT&T will sell the device AS SOON as they get it from RIM ur implying the only reason AT&T isn't selling the deivce yet is because there waiting for shipments from RIM which is not true

Please explain, in detail, why you think what I said implied that? I am having trouble "leaping" to that conclusion, but then I am based in reality and not FANTASY!

How old are you?
    06-01-11 11:42 AM
    Please explain, in detail, why you think what I said implied that? I am having trouble "leaping" to that conclusion, but then I am based in reality and not FANTASY!

How old are you?
    I'm 23 I don't feel like explaining myself more I don't think you can admit your wrong

06-01-11 11:46 AM
    I'm 23 I don't feel like explaining myself more I don't think you can admit your wrong

I think you SHOULD quit while you think you are ahead.
    06-01-11 11:47 AM
    I think you SHOULD quit while you think you are ahead.
    Ok Mr 9780 is coming to AT&T whatever you say

06-01-11 11:52 AM
    Ok Mr 9780 is coming to AT&T whatever you say

Wow, it really is hurting you!
    06-01-11 12:14 PM
    Wow, it really is hurting you!
    It really is! I want one soo bad since ur an insider/expert on the 9900 maybe u can hook me up with one??

06-01-11 12:32 PM
    Ok ladies, lets behave accordingly.

Does anyone know when the Torch 2 is coming at least?
    06-01-11 12:34 PM
126 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD