I am thinking that the 9900 MUST be coming to AT&T very soon. The reason why? They have stopped selling the Bold and no longer have a single impressive Blackberry phone for sale.

I'm in a real bad situation. Yesterday I lost my 9700 and trundled into the AT&T store to figure out what I could do. I didn't have insurance. My official upgrade eligibility is the end of June, but they said that under the circumstances I could have the upgrade now. So I asked what Blackberries they have - and all they had was the Torch and the Curve! Told me that the Bold 9700 is no longer available.

I wanted neither phone but settled for the Torch. And I have been very unimpressed, it's slow and unresponsive, the browser performance is terrible, the keyboard is horrible, the screen looks very bad and the battery life is disgusting. Then I found out about the 9900 and my heart sank - what do I do? They said they could cancel my upgrade, but then I'd be left without a phone till the 9900 comes out, or I'd have to pay full price for a Curve ($395), or I could get an iPhone or an Android phone. This sucks! All because I lost my phone, my hopes of holding out with my 9700 till the 9900 came out were completely dashed.

Then I remembered I still have my ancient Bold 9000 in the drawer. I could easily cope with that for a few weeks until the 9900 comes out - alas the battery is not taking a charge, probably after having lain dormant for so long. So I've just ordered a new 9000 battery and I'm hoping I can get that up and running and tide me over until the 9700 comes out. There's no way I'm going with an iPhone or Android, I use this for business and NOTHING beats Blackberry! And I think if I had to use that Torch for a year I would die lol...either that or pay FULL PRICE for the 9900 when that comes out ().

So I've convinced myself that AT&T isn't going to hang about with the 9900, because they currently have NO FLAGSHIP Blackberry. How long could they realistically carry on like that? Pure conjecture I know, but us desperadoes are clinging to every hope we can!
    05-19-11 10:13 PM
    the Bold 9700 was out of stock for months now.. even before the release of the 9780 which was Nov 2010..
    just sayin!
    05-19-11 10:34 PM
    Sorry I made an error - I meant to say that they don't have any Bolds period. I'm a little out of touch with the BB scene in general and was vaguely aware there was a new Bold like the 9700 but with more memory and OS6, so that's what I was hoping for when I got my upgrade. But she said they have stopped selling the Bold altogether, which includes the 9780. I can't think of any reason why they would do that unless they were getting ready to roll out a new flagship model soon.
    05-19-11 10:55 PM
    the Bold 9700 was out of stock for months now.. even before the release of the 9780 which was Nov 2010..
    just sayin!
    FYI: That may be true at the at&t stores, but online they have it. They just don't sell it to regular consumers. If you are a part of at&t premier, which is for government and other workers, you can get it online; they even have the Bold 9000 (no camera) in there too.

As for the OP, I also think that they will get the 9900. Too little availability for Blackberry smartphones. But we will have to wait and see as they got other phones coming out too. Hopefully we hear something official soon about at&t and the Bold 9900.
    05-19-11 11:02 PM
    Sorry I made an error - I meant to say that they don't have any Bolds period. I'm a little out of touch with the BB scene in general and was vaguely aware there was a new Bold like the 9700 but with more memory and OS6, so that's what I was hoping for when I got my upgrade. But she said they have stopped selling the Bold altogether, which includes the 9780. I can't think of any reason why they would do that unless they were getting ready to roll out a new flagship model soon.
    Yeah, at&t passed up selling the Bold 9780 altogether, meaning it never even went to at&t. T-Mobile sells it, but at&t, never did.
    05-19-11 11:08 PM
    I am thinking that the 9900 MUST be coming to AT&T very soon. The reason why? They have stopped selling the Bold and no longer have a single impressive Blackberry phone for sale.

I'm in a real bad situation. Yesterday I lost my 9700 and trundled into the AT&T store to figure out what I could do. I didn't have insurance. My official upgrade eligibility is the end of June, but they said that under the circumstances I could have the upgrade now. So I asked what Blackberries they have - and all they had was the Torch and the Curve! Told me that the Bold 9700 is no longer available.

I wanted neither phone but settled for the Torch. And I have been very unimpressed, it's slow and unresponsive, the browser performance is terrible, the keyboard is horrible, the screen looks very bad and the battery life is disgusting. Then I found out about the 9900 and my heart sank - what do I do? They said they could cancel my upgrade, but then I'd be left without a phone till the 9900 comes out, or I'd have to pay full price for a Curve ($395), or I could get an iPhone or an Android phone. This sucks! All because I lost my phone, my hopes of holding out with my 9700 till the 9900 came out were completely dashed.

Then I remembered I still have my ancient Bold 9000 in the drawer. I could easily cope with that for a few weeks until the 9900 comes out - alas the battery is not taking a charge, probably after having lain dormant for so long. So I've just ordered a new 9000 battery and I'm hoping I can get that up and running and tide me over until the 9700 comes out. There's no way I'm going with an iPhone or Android, I use this for business and NOTHING beats Blackberry! And I think if I had to use that Torch for a year I would die lol...either that or pay FULL PRICE for the 9900 when that comes out ().

So I've convinced myself that AT&T isn't going to hang about with the 9900, because they currently have NO FLAGSHIP Blackberry. How long could they realistically carry on like that? Pure conjecture I know, but us desperadoes are clinging to every hope we can!
    Hit up eBay and get something usable for the short term. Even an old Curve 8310 should work to get you by. Return the Torch and reclaim your 2 year discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 11:18 PM
    Just use your 9000 until the 9900 drops.
    05-20-11 01:11 AM
    I cant wait for this one....dedicated AT&T customer...I dont know why....
    05-20-11 06:17 PM
    i wonder how far the field testing has reached.im waiting with my upgrade. att is super slow when it comes to blackberry.usa is supposed super fast and smart when it comes to running things in our land.but yet we still got a phone carrier that works like a snail.
    05-20-11 08:15 PM
    i wonder how far the field testing has reached.im waiting with my upgrade. att is super slow when it comes to blackberry.usa is supposed super fast and smart when it comes to running things in our land.but yet we still got a phone carrier that works like a snail.
    May be because RIM is a Canadian company and AT&T hates RIM and slow them down... LOL
    05-20-11 11:19 PM

I wanted neither phone but settled for the Torch. And I have been very unimpressed, it's slow and unresponsive, the browser performance is terrible, the keyboard is horrible, the screen looks very bad and the battery life is disgusting.
    the torch is definately not as bad as u are making it out to be.
    05-21-11 12:49 AM
    the torch is definately not as bad as u are making it out to be.
    To be honest I've used it a couple of days now and I've warmed to it a bit, it's not a bad phone, but as someone who loves the Bold form factor it's never going to settle into my hand. I can't type one handed on it because of the shape and size. And yes, it is a little slow and sluggish, especially with web browsing. It takes forever to load pages and they scroll very jerkily. I am also disappointed with the battery life - it's good compared to Android and iPhone but nowhere near Bold 9700 standards.
    05-21-11 04:30 PM
    To be honest I've used it a couple of days now and I've warmed to it a bit, it's not a bad phone, but as someone who loves the Bold form factor it's never going to settle into my hand. I can't type one handed on it because of the shape and size. And yes, it is a little slow and sluggish, especially with web browsing. It takes forever to load pages and they scroll very jerkily. I am also disappointed with the battery life - it's good compared to Android and iPhone but nowhere near Bold 9700 standards.
    Yeah I used a torch for about 8 months. Took awhile to get used to the keyboard but switched back to my 9700 a couple weeks back and very happy...

PG
    05-21-11 07:12 PM
    While it is easy to mock at&t and it is often deserved, maybe they take so long to ensure that things are thoroughly tested on their network.
    05-22-11 03:50 AM
    I would not read much in that AT&T does not have the 9700! They have not had in months. If you tried to predict what they were going to carry from their inventory then the iPhone5 must be around the corner, too, as they have not had a iPhone4 either.

AT&T is going wild with Android right now but I am sure they will carry one or both of the new RIM devices.
    05-22-11 05:57 AM
    I was so disappointed AT&T passed on the 9780. I really wanted one.
    As to the Torch, check to see what OS ver you're running. My device is quite, quite smooth. It is also very fast.

05-23-11 07:13 AM
    I was so disappointed AT&T passed on the 9780. I really wanted one.
    As to the Torch, check to see what OS ver you're running. My device is quite, quite smooth. It is also very fast.

I was also sad they didn't carry the 9780. And I agree with Qbnkelt to check on the OS, my Torch is very fast and smooth and I've had no issues with mine.
    05-23-11 09:57 AM
    Had AT&T carried the 9780, I would have never gotten the Torch. I was not unhappy with it, not at all, but the keyboard is the worst keyboard BB has released. The screen size made a huge difference with OS6, it made it a joy to use. But it would have been great had they built in a way to eliminate the onscreen keyboard option.
    05-23-11 01:25 PM
    The guy who helped my mom last Wednesday at AT&T said they would be getting the 9900 sometime soon, this summer. Not sure how "legit" it is, but I'd like to believe him.

I haven't had a new Blackberry in 3 years, I'm waiting patiently for this!
    05-23-11 01:26 PM
    The guy who helped my mom last Wednesday at AT&T said they would be getting the 9900 sometime soon, this summer. Not sure how "legit" it is, but I'd like to believe him.

I haven't had a new Blackberry in 3 years, I'm waiting patiently for this!
    There is no doubt that AT&T will be selling a 9700 replacement, the 9900. Multiple carriers will get it.
    05-23-11 02:30 PM
    I would not read much in that AT&T does not have the 9700! They have not had in months. If you tried to predict what they were going to carry from their inventory then the iPhone5 must be around the corner, too, as they have not had a iPhone4 either.

AT&T is going wild with Android right now but I am sure they will carry one or both of the new RIM devices.
    Actually, AT&T does have the 9700...but only for corporate and business orders. I have a BNIB one coming today to replace one that I bought direct from them last week...but had a hardware defect. You just have to ask...but they're there. However, you're right...they have been off the corporate store shelves for weeks now.

I was in my local corp store this last Sunday and talked to a manager there who has been 100% on point about releases in the past, and he agreed that the 9900 would be on the AT&T shelves within a month if not earlier. The reps have already started training on the model.
    [email protected] likes this.
    05-24-11 07:30 AM
  22. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    I was also sad they didn't carry the 9780. And I agree with Qbnkelt to check on the OS, my Torch is very fast and smooth and I've had no issues with mine.

What OS are you using for the Torch? I was also very disappointed that ATT didnt get the 9780. I really hope they will get the 9900. I heard it was only for T-Mobile which I hope not!
    05-24-11 12:46 PM
    AT&T put their money on the Torch and passed on the 9780. They must have thought it was the right thing to do. The Torch does sound and look like it would be great. You really got to own/use one to find out how bad it is.
    05-24-11 01:43 PM
    The Torch doesn't really suck any harder than the rest of the BBs at the things BBs suck at. The touch screen is nice too. That said, I'm getting a 9900 the first day I can buy one. I hate the form factor on the Torch.
    05-24-11 07:31 PM
    Actually, AT&T does have the 9700...but only for corporate and business orders. I have a BNIB one coming today to replace one that I bought direct from them last week...but had a hardware defect. You just have to ask...but they're there. However, you're right...they have been off the corporate store shelves for weeks now.

I was in my local corp store this last Sunday and talked to a manager there who has been 100% on point about releases in the past, and he agreed that the 9900 would be on the AT&T shelves within a month if not earlier. The reps have already started training on the model.
    This is beyond funny, our sales reps and store managers get absolutely zero info on releases until the very last minute which is why many hang out here to get info on the latest releases...

June is out, July is most likely 98% out, August is the best guess at this point but given that it has still not been confirmed in field trial with ANY carrier yet thats only 50/50 IMO...

PG
    05-24-11 09:24 PM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD