Hi their,

I recently purchased a blackberry 9900 from an online seller with the phone known as faulty.

After receiving the device, I tried to power up the phone but the phone does not have any OS software installed.

Is their a way to fix this or do I have a blackberry i am unable to fix?

I have tried numerous options on youtube but no help.

IF you can help, please do post below! It will be appreciated.

Thanks!
    12-17-11 09:33 PM
    There should be a lot of threads covering this issue in almost every subforum of every device (sans the playbook forums)

If it is a 507 error, plug it into your computer and open up Desktop Manager.
    12-17-11 10:40 PM
    Just install new software on it. Download one and install it . You'll have to do some voodoo first.
    12-17-11 11:30 PM
    Yea, I think this was a common sense one....Phone is missing OS and your on a site that provides many different OS softwares...
    12-17-11 11:37 PM
    It never happen to me but yesterday I had the same kind of problem.
    It was a 3rd vendor hidden on the data cache due to all the install unistall that I've done recently.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by albertinik; 12-18-11 at 12:07 AM.
    12-18-11 12:04 AM
    Just follow the instructions on how to install the OS, download the one you need to use and install it..
    12-18-11 04:12 AM
    Hi their,

I recently purchased a blackberry 9900 from an online seller with the phone known as faulty.

After receiving the device, I tried to power up the phone but the phone does not have any OS software installed.

Is their a way to fix this or do I have a blackberry i am unable to fix?

I have tried numerous options on youtube but no help.

IF you can help, please do post below! It will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Install the OS you want, (be sure you have deleted both vendors)

Take out your battery,

Open AppLoader - loader.exe - next,

Connect your phone(without battery) with PC,

You will see the red light on your phone for a few seconds and after your pin on the wizard screen,

When the "next" button light up, klick next. This is a matter of seconds. When your are to late repeate above steps,

In the next screeen you can install your OS,

When it is running, put back your battery.
    Last edited by jhwo99; 12-18-11 at 04:48 AM.
    12-18-11 04:45 AM
    Just to add one thing to what jhwo99 already said above. Sometimes, you have to delete two files called vendor.xml files in order to load the OS into your phone.
    12-18-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD