Please help!!!!

I just dropped my BB 9900 into the toilet for about 1/5 of a second (wasn't even fully submerged) and pulled it out quickly. it was still running so i turned it off, dried it with a towel, let it air dry for a bit, and rebooted (after battery pull of course). Booted up and working fine except for one problem. When I press the BB button it also produces the letter "y" and when I press a couple of other keys two letter combos pop up instead.

I have now put the phone and battery in some rice but was wondering if their was anyone with experience in this and knows that if this doesn't work if there is a solution that involves unplugging the keyboard or something (after taking the phone apart)? Or if the rice will work? Or in general what is going on from a technical perspective with the phone?

Thanks very much!
    04-15-13 01:22 PM
    For now leave it in rice. Since you did this right away you will have a better chance of the BlackBerry surviving without any issues.

Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    Gunner24 likes this.
    04-15-13 01:30 PM
    Did you remove the battery imediately after you pulled it out of the water? This is very important.
    04-15-13 03:16 PM
    Probably still water in between the keyboard and the sensor. I'd let it sit and dry for a bit longer.

Posted via CB10
    Gunner24 likes this.
    04-15-13 03:21 PM
    Get new keyboard off ebay. Make sure it's complete and ready to connect ribon connector. I just installed one and it was easy. Better than the original at a cost of 15.00 bucks.
    Gunner24 likes this.
    04-15-13 05:15 PM
    Please help!!!!

I just dropped my BB 9900 into the toilet for about 1/5 of a second (wasn't even fully submerged) and pulled it out quickly. it was still running so i turned it off, dried it with a towel, let it air dry for a bit, and rebooted (after battery pull of course). Booted up and working fine except for one problem. When I press the BB button it also produces the letter "y" and when I press a couple of other keys two letter combos pop up instead.

I have now put the phone and battery in some rice but was wondering if their was anyone with experience in this and knows that if this doesn't work if there is a solution that involves unplugging the keyboard or something (after taking the phone apart)? Or if the rice will work? Or in general what is going on from a technical perspective with the phone?

Thanks very much!
    Haha hahaha I did that as well.

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    04-15-13 05:51 PM
    Did you remove the battery imediately after you pulled it out of the water? This is very important.
    Yes I did, but was stupid and put it back in 2 minutes later after a manual dry (instead of letting it sit in rice for a while).
    04-16-13 07:08 AM
    A new keypad helps but the rice is a important step that should not have been overlooked. I hope your berry makes it.
    04-16-13 10:20 PM
    The rice trick would work. Important that you pull the battery out because you don't want to short it.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 10:32 PM
    My 9900 went swimming at least 4 times. In the worst case I didn't notice for at least 5 minutes.

It developed a non stop vibration which is why I realized it was wet. I removed the battery and left it sitting face down until I could get it in rice about 2 hours later.

It sat in rice overnight and never gave me an issue in over another year of use.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:41 PM
    My 9900 went swimming at least 4 times. In the worst case I didn't notice for at least 5 minutes.

It developed a non stop vibration which is why I realized it was wet. I removed the battery and left it sitting face down until I could get it in rice about 2 hours later.

It sat in rice overnight and never gave me an issue in over another year of use.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Its back up and running as good as new! Lucky for my dad as he is getting it for an early father's day present when I pick up my Q10!
    04-25-13 03:33 PM