Hey Guys!

Ok so I might be getting one of these on Friday!
    Wanted to know what this phone is like?
    Battery wise mainly?

I do txt a fair bit, maybe 20-30 a day but not always that mostly 10-20

So any info would be great!
    03-07-12 12:40 PM
    Battery wise is normal for me, but could be bad/good for others. Like texting what else are you gonna use your phone for?
    Bought it on 14 September 2011, no serious problems and so far i'm still liking it.
    03-07-12 12:45 PM
    Same.

My battery has always been pretty good. The later the OS updates the longer the battery lasts I have found.

The 9900 is the best phone ive ever owned.

I'd say go for it.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 03-07-12 at 12:59 PM.
    03-07-12 12:57 PM
    It's a great phone when it works, if you're only texting with no bridge or data use then battery should be OK, but bridged, using data and prolonged voice calls its really bad, I mean bad, but people do love this phone enough to carry extra batteries. Also watch out for the jumping cursor issues, search the forum for user experiences I'm just waiting to replace my second unit had some issues with the hardware both times. I've got guys who have it and have no issues but battery life
    03-07-12 01:01 PM
    I just use it for txting, facebook(not often), will use BBM and sometimes the internet. was told the battery only lasts for 6 hours though
    03-07-12 01:03 PM
    Nah then you should easily get more than 6 hours of battery life. It's the users experience.
    Every user/device is different though, they can be the same it's not always working out the same for each individual person.
    I can easily manage to get through a full day with normal usage.
    03-07-12 01:07 PM
    I just use it for txting, facebook(not often), will use BBM and sometimes the internet. was told the battery only lasts for 6 hours though
    You have been wrongly informed.

Most people are getting a full working day from their battery using the latest leaked OS7.1.0.267.

You should expect a minimum of 18 hours with the useage you describe with a properly set up phone provided you are in a decent signal area.

Just make sure that you close apps properly when you have finished using them so they are not running in the background and those you keep running don't refresh too often.

Buy and enjoy, it's an awesome piece of kit !!!
    03-07-12 01:12 PM
    Leaked?
    How do you get that on the blackberry
    03-07-12 01:21 PM
    Leaked?

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...eta-os-122851/
    03-07-12 01:23 PM
    Leaked?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-698221/

Any questions ask away. That's what CrackBerry is here for.
    03-07-12 01:25 PM
    Ohh

what does that do for the battery?
    03-07-12 01:26 PM
    Many are saying they are getting better battery life out of it. Phone is much more responsive etc etc.
    03-07-12 01:27 PM
    I was told that Blackberries are a "Sinking ship"

Is that true?
    03-07-12 01:32 PM
    Off the charge for 17 hours and still got over 60% battery left so yes its amazing !
    Just do upgrade your OS as soon as you can
    03-07-12 01:33 PM
    I was told that Blackberries are a "Sinking ship"

Is that true?
    Lol out of nowhere this question!^^ Nono it's not sinking. It's all rumors rumors! The person who told you this is simply plain wrong.
    03-07-12 01:35 PM
    I was gonna say cause I have seen tons of people with Blackberries.
    I am swapping my iphone 4 for a Blackberry 9900 from Gumtree(Phones 4 U and doing the insurance swap in store to make it safe)
    03-07-12 01:38 PM
    It's a great phone when it works, if you're only texting with no bridge or data use then battery should be OK, but bridged, using data and prolonged voice calls its really bad, I mean bad, but people do love this phone enough to carry extra batteries. Also watch out for the jumping cursor issues, search the forum for user experiences I'm just waiting to replace my second unit had some issues with the hardware both times. I've got guys who have it and have no issues but battery life
    Same is true of ANY smartphone. The iPhone 4 lasted all day for me on moderate use. Set it up for hotspot and bam. Dead in two hours. Long voice kills both the iPhone and the 9930. It killed my Droid for that matter. 20-30 texts a day is nothing - basically the phone is idling. Those loooooooooooooooong talk times are marketing numbers, not real world. Never believe ad copy. Never believe a tech-spec sheet unless they tell you how numbers were arrived at. Usually not even then
    03-07-12 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD