I have used my blackberry 9900 for more than a year now, and just some few weeks ago, it starts going off itself when I am not charging it. I have bought a new battery, the same, updated the OS Yesterday to 7.1.0 825, it is the same. I do not know what is wrong. When I am charging it , it is working fine but few minutes after I unplug it, it goes off... pls what is the problem? any help?
    02-20-13 01:34 AM
    From what I understand, you charge your phone and when it is done, you remove it from the charger and the phone turns off. You purchased a new battery and updated the OS and the problem still occurs.
    What kind of battery did you buy? Is it an OEM JM-1 battery? Did you make sure there was a lightning bolt in the middle of the battery icon for your phone? If it is a "plug", the charging adapter or source is not compatible with your 9900. I highly doubt it is a software issue, it must be a hardware issue somewhere in the cables, battery, electrical source or even the phone. I think you could try bringing it back to the store to see what they can do for you if none of these things work for you.
    02-20-13 01:42 AM
    Sounds like a bad battery buy a new battery or see if your provider will just give you one. This same issue happened to me with my 9900 and the new battery did the trick.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 01:44 AM
    Sounds like a bad battery buy a new battery or see if your provider will just give you one. This same issue happened to me with my 9900 and the new battery did the trick.

OP said he had already bought a new battery!

OP, check your charger. If it's not that, as said before, take it back.

02-20-13 02:04 AM
    Thanks for all the replies... Usually when it is plugged in, the lightning bolt shows and it charges normal, everything is fine until I unplug it then it goes off after a couple of minutes. I will try to switch chargers, if it does not work I will take it back, so as the hardware could be checked.
    02-20-13 02:48 PM
    If 9900 goes off suddenly, I think it could be a electrical connection problem between battery and board, or inner your board.
    02-22-13 07:28 PM
    I have exactly the same issue with my 9900. Let me know how you resolve it. It used to happen ocassionally - once a two weeks or so. Now my BB is turning off constantly - just like your does. Let me know.
    02-26-13 01:38 PM