03-06-12 06:10 PM
63 123
tools
    I had the white one but my top lockbutton was loose. Then i got anther white 9900 but the 3 buttons on the right side (p, del, enter) didn't work.

Unfortunatly they didn't have any white 9900 left, and he said I could have a black one and keep it untill the whites are arrived or just keep the black.

Till today, I have the black one, I think the white ones are still betting but because it's white, you keep cleaning it.
    That was my main issue, otherwise I would have a white 9900 but I'm happy with the black 9900
    03-03-12 03:55 AM
    i like the black one, personally black looks more mature.. why you ask me because it blends well to suits and business attire. white looks nice, really sharp. perhaps thats why the white blends out. however i like the black because of the battery door, carbon fibre style than the white rough grip.
    03-03-12 04:05 AM
    i like the black one, personally black looks more mature.. why you ask me because it blends well to suits and business attire. white looks nice, really sharp. perhaps thats why the white blends out. however i like the black because of the battery door, carbon fibre style than the white rough grip.
    Dont you miss your childhood? lol
    03-03-12 04:47 AM
    I dropped my black bold 9900 last week and dented the bezel and cracked the digitiser screen. After my insurance told me I needed to fork out an 80 premium for a new screen I decided to replace it myself. YouTube shows you how, but then I also noticed you can change the housing quite easily. So now I've ordered all the OEM parts to make a white bold 9900 for myself. And I can get a white battery case with either the carbon effect or get a white leather battery case. this is all for the same price of 80 so I'm happy :-)
    03-03-12 05:11 AM
    A little off topic: so white 9900's could be better than black ones on battery, build quality and bricking issues??
    03-03-12 05:42 AM
    A little off topic: so white 9900's could be better than black ones on battery, build quality and bricking issues??
    I think people were just guessing. I don't believe there is any real evidence but would be interested. Mine is a black one with no problems at all.

Saluti!
    03-03-12 05:47 AM
    Nope the white in no way, shape or form looks cheap, plasticy or anything other than sleek. I loathe black phones. And it doesn't look like an iPhone. An iPhone looks even better in white.

If you live a ghetto get a white one? Palomartin, that's officially the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Sorry. Didn't mean to touch a nerve there. I'll edit it.
    03-03-12 11:52 AM
    The edit is still the stupidest thing I ever read. WTF do Cheetos have to do with the phone? I own a white 9900 and a white iPhone 4, wasn't aware that means I'm some trailer park trash who eats crap junk food.

How about you give a legitimate and valid empirical reason why the white phone is worthy of such scorn?

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    03-03-12 01:36 PM
    whats the difference between the two besides the colour?
    like a different battery or what?
    03-03-12 02:00 PM
    Just the colour. Which is why the "ghetto/Cheetos" comments are stupid.

03-03-12 02:13 PM
    I have a Black 9300 but the white one looks so cool.
    03-03-12 02:22 PM
    black 9900 anyday ... white one makes the 'berry's look worth a few $ ...
    03-03-12 02:29 PM
    Both are nice. Maybe a red one would be nice to
    03-03-12 02:44 PM
    I got a white one. I'm typically into the black devices but I gave the white 9900 a chance and I'm absolutely loving it! I've also ordered a battery cover that is going to look great with the white so it'll be perfect AND unique!

My only problem with the white: Why no white carbon fibre battery cover?!
    03-03-12 04:27 PM
    Like most people have said, the white does look very very nice but I do not think I could own a white phone.

Not because it reminds me of an iPhone but i figure over time and usage, the oils of my skins would get on the device and slowly change colors.

I prefer to use my phone naked so no skin, no case for me.
    03-03-12 07:12 PM
    The white looks really unique, but I have always preferred the black.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-03-12 07:57 PM
    Personal taste entirely... and whether you can live with white... you'll never really know until you try it out for yourself and then see.

But use the image at this link as a reference

http://www.teamphones.com/wp-content...berry-9900.jpg
    03-03-12 11:36 PM
    In all fairness though... some excellent examples here for comparison:

White BlackBerry Bold 9900 revealed: We go hands-on - SlashGear
    03-03-12 11:38 PM
    Excuse my "girly" post but even know I like black, if I had the choice is would pick white because for some reason I rarely see white blackberry at all, they're rare to me. But then again. The ultimate thing to do would be customize lol
    03-03-12 11:38 PM
    I owned both and I agree, white does look better than the black one, but I gets dirty so quick!

I was constantly wiping it because I didn't want it to get dirty, so now I have a black one.

Oh well, after a year or son when I'm not that careful with my 9900 I'll buy white OEM case for the 9900 and make a white 9900 or mix it with black and white parts, just like what I did with my 8900
    03-04-12 05:44 AM
    Black bb's for blokes and white for women.

*unless you're metrosexual......etc
    03-04-12 11:20 AM
    Just want to update about the "light leak" between the USB and earphone port.
    I only found that in fews black 9900 (both made in hungary and made in mexico ver.) In about 100s of black 9900 that are sold on my store, only about 5 pieces have that.
    But the white 9900 have different rates.
    Almost all whiter 9900 that are sold in my store have that light leakacge problem
    Innitially I thought that because all of white 9900 are made in mexico, which (believe it or not, have more rates of "problem" based on those were sold in my store)
    But yesterday we receive new batch of white 9900 made in hungary, and we've sold quite a few of them and all of them have the light leakacge problem.
    So I assume this is "normal" for white 9900
    And also I noticed that the trackpad is straight and perfectlly positioned on white 9900, on black 9900 almost all have misaligned trackpad.
    But the most of the white 9900 have loose battery door cover, the black one in the other hand are almost have no issues in this department.

By the way just a word of advice, for those who owns, or gonna buy a white 9900, becarefull with the bottom plate, the white bottom plate discolour very easilly, some of my customer already complaining about this, their bottom plate turning colour to brownish pink. Within few days of normal usage. The good solution for this is to put some kind of screen protector over there.
    Here in my store, we sell a screen protector for 9900 that also comes with the bottom plate protectors.
    03-04-12 01:08 PM
    The edit is still the stupidest thing I ever read. WTF do Cheetos have to do with the phone? I own a white 9900 and a white iPhone 4, wasn't aware that means I'm some trailer park trash who eats crap junk food.

How about you give a legitimate and valid empirical reason why the white phone is worthy of such scorn?

Dude, try decaf.
    ekv likes this.
    03-04-12 04:25 PM
    1) not a dude

2) you're the one making the comments. Don't like someone taking issue, don't behave like some caveman.

03-04-12 11:51 PM
    Just want to update about the "light leak" between the USB and earphone port.
    I only found that in fews black 9900 (both made in hungary and made in mexico ver.) In about 100s of black 9900 that are sold on my store, only about 5 pieces have that.
    But the white 9900 have different rates.
    Almost all whiter 9900 that are sold in my store have that light leakacge problem
    Innitially I thought that because all of white 9900 are made in mexico, which (believe it or not, have more rates of "problem" based on those were sold in my store)
    But yesterday we receive new batch of white 9900 made in hungary, and we've sold quite a few of them and all of them have the light leakacge problem.
    So I assume this is "normal" for white 9900
    And also I noticed that the trackpad is straight and perfectlly positioned on white 9900, on black 9900 almost all have misaligned trackpad.
    But the most of the white 9900 have loose battery door cover, the black one in the other hand are almost have no issues in this department.

By the way just a word of advice, for those who owns, or gonna buy a white 9900, becarefull with the bottom plate, the white bottom plate discolour very easilly, some of my customer already complaining about this, their bottom plate turning colour to brownish pink. Within few days of normal usage. The good solution for this is to put some kind of screen protector over there.
    Here in my store, we sell a screen protector for 9900 that also comes with the bottom plate protectors.
    I can conform what this guy says, except the bottomcover part, because I did't have the white 9900 long enough.

And the back cover wasn't very loose, just when you opened it, you notice that the left side was easier to open than the right side.

Conclusion: get the white 9900 if you REALLY want to, otherwise pick the black, because it's just a little bit better with its build quality (in terms of better material)
    03-05-12 02:01 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD