Hey I recently got the bold 9900, it is running os 7.0 bundle 1672 (7.0.0.353 Platform 5.0.0.544)

Reading a review from crackberry forums, this OS saves battery life most, currently running my current OS, version and such, my battery is drained like no tomorrow..

Was wondering how I could downgrade and stuff.

edit: going to the store on the weekend to change my battery to see if it works.
    10-11-11 10:40 PM
    im interested to see if a new battery makes a difference. Let us know.
    10-12-11 01:43 AM
    Will try but do you think a downgrade of the os version will help? I've been reading other threads, and a thread where there was a battery test and the leaked os version and the battery was good in that.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-12-11 04:12 PM
    You ask 12 people their opinions on battery life versus OS version, and you will probably get 14 different answers.

The best bet? Install an OS and run it for a week. See how it performs based on your usage, and not the usage of someone who may use their device very differently from you.
    10-12-11 04:17 PM
    Personally (and what looks like for a number of people) the leaked OS 7.0.0.440 has been the best for battery life. You can find it in the Leaked OS subforum on the main Crackberry forums page.

10-12-11 04:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply, how exactly do I downgrade my os version?

10-12-11 07:24 PM
    Personally (and what looks like for a number of people) the leaked OS 7.0.0.440 has been the best for battery life. You can find it in the Leaked OS subforum on the main Crackberry forums page.

Bump.

I have the .440 leaked version on my desktop but I don't know exactly what to do.. searched around and still lost, i'm currently running v7.0.0.176 Platform 5.0.0.367.

Edit: Tomorrow I'm hopefully gonna replace my battery to see if it was the problem.
    10-13-11 09:48 PM
    I'm going to my carriers store today to replace my battery will report how it is when I'm back, also this is my first blackberry so I'm sort of lost sorry :S

10-14-11 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD