I have searched for this information and have asked the questions in a few threads with no luck. Can anyone confirm what the material of the back side black bezel is? I know the frame of the phone is stainless steel and the battery door is a glass bead material, but how about the back side bezel. From what I can tell from pictures, it appears that it is some sort of matte finished metal. Can anyone confirm that this is in fact a metallic material?
    08-01-11 11:54 PM
    I think I've seen a video saying it was a rubberized finish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 11:59 PM
    I think it's like the material on the back of the Torch. Like a super soft matte rubber.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 03:08 AM
    "The back side of the Bold 9900 is made of a soft rubbery material providing a really nice grip around the edges of the Bold 9900."

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Smartphone Review | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest
    Cheetablaze likes this.
    08-02-11 05:49 AM
    I can confirm it is rubberized. Not sure if it is metal but there is no flex anywhere on the device.
    08-02-11 06:11 AM
    I can confirm it is rubberized. Not sure if it is metal but there is no flex anywhere on the device.
    Hey Greg, is it a similar rubber finish to the Playbook?
    08-02-11 06:31 AM
    If I remember correctly it is the same. I only had my PB for 24 hours. I might give it a shot in the future but I love my iPad 3G which I use in the field.

I am looking very closely to Lenovo's new tablets. I really want a tablet device that is running Windows 7 but the laws of physics for cooling and battery technology are not there yet. Motion make a CL900 Win tablet that looks promising.
    technik1 likes this.
    08-02-11 07:25 AM
    Rubberized finish... does that mean a lint magnet? I really liked the look of the leather'ish finish on the back of the bold 9000. I have a feeling somebody is going to make an accessory to bring that back. If I wasn't going to slap an otterbox on it I would buy a fake leather battery door or a Crimson Tide battery door...
    08-02-11 11:39 AM
    Rubberized finish... does that mean a lint magnet? I really liked the look of the leather'ish finish on the back of the bold 9000. I have a feeling somebody is going to make an accessory to bring that back. If I wasn't going to slap an otterbox on it I would buy a fake leather battery door or a Crimson Tide battery door...
    The material used in the new battery doors is directly related to the nfc technology which is part of said doors.
    08-02-11 12:18 PM
    The material used in the new battery doors is directly related to the nfc technology which is part of said doors.
    The thread is about the rubber surround on the back, not the battery door
    08-02-11 01:06 PM
    Is this a material that would scratch easy?
    08-02-11 06:29 PM
    Not a lint magnet. Soft to the touch but NOT tacky. You can wipe it with a micro-fiber cloth with ease. It is a good surface for the location on the device.

Is this a material that would scratch easy?
    It might scuff if really punished but not under normal use. The battery door is VERY shiny.
    08-02-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD