Upgraded today from the 9630 Tour to the 9930 Bold. VZ stores in my area were not the least bit helpful and out of stock...so what's new. Went home and ordered over the phone and they were much more accommodating. The only pending problem is they have to send it to my hotel next week and I have to activate/transfer apps/files in the room. Shouldn't be an issue and will have the laptop with me. Hopefully there will be no issues, but any advice would be appreciated to avoid any pitfalls. They also threw in a Moto S305 BT headset and I haven't seen much about its compatibility...Oh...and the PB bridge hopefully improves, since I travel to places that are difficult to find a WiFi connection. Thanks for any help.
    01-28-12 04:38 PM
    Congrats, if you don't use your phone as a laptop you should be good battery wise.
    01-28-12 04:51 PM
    Sorry to hear about your VZW experience. I had the same problem (I wanted to try the 9930 in the store, ended up trying the 9650 instead). I normally call up the VZW Homeoffice anyways for new phones/plans (VZW stores just sucked with NE2) and they were very very helpful.

Another note about VZW: Only the real VZW Stores have anything for the 9930. The...knockoffs for lack of a better term are useless.

- Scott
    01-28-12 08:25 PM
    I have found if you go to an independently owned store they are much more helpful and less likely to push androids down your throat. I've bought my last two bb's from 2 different Indy stores and they were very gracious to sell me a blackberry. Corporate stores are much worse IMO.
    01-28-12 08:40 PM
    Don't use the Device Switch Wizard; instead just backup and restore on the new device. Some have done okay, but none of my settings, emails, or texts mapped over through the Device Switch Wizard.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...73#post7035773
    01-28-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD