I have a question. I will have a buisness trip to another country in Europe. How it will looks like from BIS point of view? When I will in this second country what about my BIS on my Bold?
    03-01-17 06:48 AM
    I have a question. I will have a buisness trip to another country in Europe. How it will looks like from BIS point of view? When I will in this second country what about my BIS on my Bold?
    BIS is hosted by server hardware that your carrier operates.
    If you roam to another carrier, you won't have a connection to your current carrier BIS server.
    See if you can get an unlocked international SIM with BIS or check to see if your current carrier also operates in the countries you are traveling too and through, then have them activate your BIS on roaming.
    You could instead use WiFi, if your Bold has that hardware.
    03-01-17 07:00 AM
    I found information, that normal data plan for roaming(e.g. 300MB which I would bought from my carrier) will work on my Bold 9900 and I should be able to connect to BB servers. Anyway, I will let you know. I will take BB Z30 as standard phone and Bold 9900 with BIS to check it. I would be happy if BIS will run ok with my SIM card on roaming trip. Compression of data will be great.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-01-17 07:25 AM
    Yep , what he said is correct.
    You need a SIM with active BIS for it to work.

Are you able to get a prepaid which offers it ?

Where are you traveling to ?
    03-01-17 07:46 AM
    From Poland where I have BIS on Prepaid plan to Germany. It is not a big deal, just curious.
    03-01-17 08:56 AM
    Just been in Germany for 2 day trip with my Polish SIM card into my Bold 9900 and just buy before travel 100MB(it cost me about 2$ of internet roamging data for it and BIS connection without any problem works. For texting via Whatsapp, Google Maps, BBM, mails - no problem. Just have to find wi-fi if I want to use BBM Voice to call someone.
    04-13-17 12:43 PM
    Just been in Germany for 2 day trip with my Polish SIM card into my Bold 9900 and just buy before travel 100MB(it cost me about 2$ of internet roamging data for it and BIS connection without any problem works. For texting via Whatsapp, Google Maps, BBM, mails - no problem. Just have to find wi-fi if I want to use BBM Voice to call someone.
    Europeans. Hmmph. Ridiculously low prices.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 01:03 AM
    Europeans. Hmmph. Ridiculously low prices.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this is one of exceptions. Mostly(I speak about Poland) the level of your job $ income compared to expenses on things like home, car, living, etc. is not on satisfactory level. But what can we do? Just live and be happy of each day and use BB also.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-14-17 01:57 AM
    My BIS server is in the Netherlands, when i tried getting all my google things on my phone the first day it said my location (ISP) was in Netherlands and when i search on google's webpage it directs me to google.nl. I live in Ireland, i thought maybe we shared a BIS server with the UK but maybe all the european countries share a BIS server in the Netherlands? if thats the case then you should be ok when traveling to the european country.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-17 05:20 PM
    Sometimes when I connect via 9900 to Gmail I also received info that I was trying to connect from Netherlands location. But in my opinion we should not worry about that.

Sent via Z30 from boring conference.
    04-19-17 03:26 AM
    All of my BB's on several UK networks all think they live in .nl as far as google and the ad providers are concerned... I get Dutch and German adverts in all sorts of odd places.

As for roaming, I've just been to Europe and had no problems and didn't have to do anything (T-Mobile contract)
    05-22-17 12:32 PM
    You will be ok. Your BIS will work also in foreign countries. Worked for me in all EU countries, that I have visited in the past.

Posted via my q10
    05-22-17 04:46 PM
    Remember roaming charges end in the EU on June 15th
    05-22-17 05:19 PM
    Remember roaming charges end in the EU on June 15th
    Unfortunately it all depends from the Carriers. In Poland only one carrier provide no cost roaming(but only for Contract customers(not prepaid)). Also data is limited... It only sounds good, but carriers are companies which have to get $$$. They are not "non profit" companies.
    05-23-17 02:39 AM
    Unfortunately it all depends from the Carriers. In Poland only one carrier provide no cost roaming(but only for Contract customers(not prepaid)). Also data is limited... It only sounds good, but carriers are companies which have to get $$$. They are not "non profit" companies.
    From the 15th they all have to provide it - you have to get what you pay for. if you are a Prepaid customer and pay for 4gb of data, you have to able to use that anywhere in the EU without additional charge.
    05-23-17 04:28 AM
    Not so simple as you said. Our clever telecom carriers have a very long and funny Terms and Condition agreement when you have separate what you have in your country(one package of data) and in roaming(another amount of package of data to use). This is complicated - and frankly speaking my life is to beautiful to worry about this at this moment.
    05-24-17 04:41 AM
    Not so simple as you said. Our clever telecom carriers have a very long and funny Terms and Condition agreement when you have separate what you have in your country(one package of data) and in roaming(another amount of package of data to use). This is complicated - and frankly speaking my life is to beautiful to worry about this at this moment.
    So do ours - still has to go on the 15th.
    05-26-17 02:50 AM