I have 4 Email accounts on my Bold9900; my work exchange/OWA, and 3 IMAP (Gmail, GMX, and a mac/icloud account). This week I noticed that a large number of emails have disappeared from my handset - and I really don’t understand why.
    GMX account is cleared of all mail prior to June 16th.
    Gmail account is even more random, there are very few messages remaining on my handset.
    I have not knowingly used ‘delete prior’ and it’s unlikely that I would have done this accidentally on both mail boxes. I do not display/view emails in the universal message box, where all SMS texts reside and appear intact.
    The exchange/owa email all seems fine.

Perhaps I have missed something in the settings, but I have not obviously set my handset to delete emails after a certain time. All messages remain on the respective imap mail servers - so whatever has happened appears to be limited to BIS and the Bold9900.

Any ideas why this happened? With the limitations of BIS it seems unlikely I’m going to get the messages back onto my Bold9900*, but I really need to avoid this happening again. The principle reason I use BlackBerry is for it’s efficient handling of lots of Email, if messages are going to be randomly purged from the handset I may have to rethink that choice.

*[I have some Desktop backups - but I can’t see how to restore IMAP Emails from that, I don’t want to do a full restore as mess up my calendars/contacts and other messages]
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 07-11-13 at 05:07 PM.
    sammyross likes this.
    07-10-13 04:24 AM
    Go to Option ~ Device ~ Advanced System Settings ~ Host Routing Table. Press Menu (Blackberry) Button and select Register now.
    This will verify by only wireless service provider please contact them.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    07-10-13 05:04 AM
    Go to Option ~ Device ~ Advanced System Settings ~ Host Routing Table. Press Menu (Blackberry) Button and select Register now.
    This will verify by only wireless service provider please contact them.
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm not really clear what this is going to do. From the Host Routing Table it looks as though I am already registered, but I have done it again, and received the BB acknowledgement.
    07-10-13 08:41 AM
    Have you been using this device for a while ?
    Is it locked to a carrier ?
    Give us some details ...
    07-10-13 09:41 PM
    Have you been using this device for a while ? Is it locked to a carrier ? Give us some details ...
    Sorry if details were a bit thin ...
    I've had the Bold9900 from new, for about a year, it's used every day. It is SIM free (not locked to any carrier) and has always been used with 3UK and BIS.
    I've only recently become aware of missing Emails. Today I have noticed that my exchange/owa Emails are also cleared prior to June 19th; I'm pretty sure that they were there when I opened this thread.
    07-11-13 05:06 PM
    Might be a silly question, but are you sure the "days to keep messages" setting isn't deleting them? email-> menu-> message display and actions-> days to keep messages.
    09-25-13 08:51 AM
    Might be a silly question, but are you sure the "days to keep messages" setting isn't deleting them? email-> menu-> message display and actions-> days to keep messages.
    Sadly it's not that simple, I have 'Days to keep messages' set at 'Forever' - I wanted to be able to chose when to delete my own messages, but the Bold9900 has other ideas!

I have started to experience other problems (application memory) and other data is now getting purged - see new thread
    10-02-13 04:42 PM
    I have tried all the above and still my phone will not allow me to send or receive emails..... its lie my email account has somehoe been deactivated.
    10-03-13 06:49 AM
    Sadly it's not that simple, I have 'Days to keep messages' set at 'Forever' - I wanted to be able to chose when to delete my own messages, but the Bold9900 has other ideas!

I have started to experience other problems (application memory) and other data is now getting purged - see new thread
    Check your Blackberry BIS email account settings and see if you�ve checked the box to sync �Deleted Items� (didn�t see a post about that in this thread). If that�s checked, your email will disappear as the original emails sitting in your email accounts� inbox are deleted, even if you�ve selected �forever� in the device email settings.

Just before I wrote this response, I checked my BIS settings to get the name of that checkbox setting, and I found three of my email accounts had it checked, even though I never enabled it. No excuse for this issue, settings should not have been changed. Suggest going into BIS and check all account settings just in case.
    10-08-13 02:04 PM