Hi

I know there are various threads about BIS and Google calendars but I cannot see any one that seems to state whether there is a problem or not with BIS and Google calendar. Until a few days ago the syncing was absolutely fine, now it has just stopped working. I have deleted my Google email account and re installed but no change. I cant see anything that has changed. So the question is, is there a problem with BIS is there a problem with google calendar or could there be a problem with the settings on my phone. I should say here that I have a playbook and this doesnt seem to have any problems with syncing???

Neil
    08-20-12 03:55 AM
    ok...
    1 Make sure the Gmail account's checkboxes are flagged on your BIS from your pc or mobile.
    2) Enable wireless syncronization under calendar>options>wireless sync

3) If you won't be able to succed following the above you can always install google mobile sync HERE
    08-20-12 08:06 AM
    Hi
    I have checked the BIS settings (i am assuming we are talking about going into settings/email accounts and checking settings on the phone here).
    The strange thing is that I have a number of calendars on my Google calendar and only one of them are syncing to my phone. I have a playbook where they all seem to sync without any problem. I have reloaded the os onto my phone and deleted and re - entered the event into the calendar but still not syncing.
    Any further ideas?

Regards
    Neil
    08-30-12 09:06 AM
    The strange thing is that I have a number of calendars on my Google calendar and only one of them are syncing to my phone. I have a playbook where they all seem to sync without any problem. I have reloaded the os onto my phone and deleted and re - entered the event into the calendar but still not syncing.
    Any further ideas?
    Assuming you are using Google Sync, open it, Options and at the end of the screen, "Sync these calendars. See if all calendar groups are checked. Since you said it has been working fine but suddenly stopped and only one calendar group is showing, usually this is the culprit. Activate all calendars there and see what happens.
    08-30-12 09:48 AM
    Hi

Im using BIS to sync the calendar, I was using google sync and this worked well, but as they announced that they are not supporting this app any more I decided not to continue with it.

Regards
    Neil
    08-30-12 10:05 AM
    Happens all the time to me. I usually delete and add the gmail on BIS - problem solved.
    08-30-12 10:19 AM
    Hi Gordon, just to confirm Iand i may sound a bit simple here), you go to settings, email accounts and just delete the gmail account and then re add the account and you find that it sync s okay.

Neil
    08-30-12 11:20 AM
    Im using BIS to sync the calendar, I was using google sync and this worked well, but as they announced that they are not supporting this app any more I decided not to continue with it.
    Please forgive my ignorance, but does BIS/Google Calendar combination support multiple calendars?
    If it does, please ignore my post.

Re Google Sync. yes, they announced that it won't be supported but I use it so I keep it (also in other storage just in case). It's working just fine now. Probably it will continue to work until/unless the OS drastically changed and no longer become compatible.
    08-30-12 11:48 AM
    Hi Gordon, just to confirm Iand i may sound a bit simple here), you go to settings, email accounts and just delete the gmail account and then re add the account and you find that it sync s okay.

Neil
    Yup - that's all you need to.
    08-30-12 12:52 PM
    I though BIS/Google only supports primary calendar sync. That's why people who have multiple calendars have to use Google sync.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-30-12 03:52 PM
    I should would like some clarity on this google syncing.... that, or make a transition to something other than google.
    It drives me nuts to find out, just at the wrong time, that my calendar has not been syncing.... or the my contacts aren't.

GoogleSync (Gsync) seems to do the trick, but now I'm not convinced. I'd rather use blackberry's native google sync, but am amazed that it lacks reliability, too... and only does the one calendar?

Are there any email/calendar services that are utterly reliable with blackberry... how about Microsoft's "Live" stuff?

Anyway, I just tried the native blackberry gmail sync and all of my calendar entries are duplicated now.... two each.

Aw dang! and now I see that most of my contacts are duplicated.... both in the cloud and on my phone.

fabulous.
    08-30-12 04:37 PM
    I have lost faith in this sync issue.

BBM Groups used to work fine with GoogleSync. Then one day it just stopped.

danielcj is right in the syncing only working for the primary calendar and not other calendars on the BB. That makes the sync kinda useless for me.

I'm in a situation where half my group of friends use BBM Calendars and the rest of us on iOS or Android. So we used to sync the BBM Group Calendar to a common gmail account and synced that with the iOS and Droid phones. It all worked fine until some months ago when everything just stopped.

So currently there are no alternatives except if someone updates the Gmail calendar.

Everyone is now considering ditching their BBs, and the iPhone 5 was just announced too.
    09-13-12 02:28 AM
    I agree that BIS sync is not the complete solution, but it does work well with the primary calendar. Does anyone know if RIM are working on this problem, its not as if google are a small player in the software world.
    Does anyone know of an alternative other than google sync which is not being supported any more by google.
    Are there any other 3rd party apps which may work.

Neil
    09-13-12 04:12 PM
    I don't know of any other app besides the official google one. Even the PB calendar doesn't support multiple calendars but there is a work around. I really hope BB10 addresses this issue but I am not holding my breath.

09-13-12 07:11 PM
    I don't know of any other app besides the official google one. Even the PB calendar doesn't support multiple calendars but there is a work around. I really hope BB10 addresses this issue but I am not holding my breath.

What is the workaround, hadn't heard of one before?
    09-13-12 09:00 PM
    The workaround is for the PB only. Check out the PB forums.

09-14-12 10:42 AM
    I don't have any problems with the PlayBook the calendars appear on my PlayBook without any problems its just on my bold 9900 that I have the problem.
    09-15-12 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD