Hello. I've had my BB9930 for about 9 years now. I really love it. No problems at all until now. Let me first say I've read through most if not all of the threads on this or similar subjects and haven't been able to find a fix.

My BB9930 recently had problems sending and receiving emails. I thought it was due to poor signal strength but it kept going on. So a few weeks ago I decided to do a secure wipe to see if that would straighten things out. Unfortunately since wiping the 9930 I have been unable to connect to BIS. I've tried everything from battery pulls, to registering host routing tables(message sent but tables remain empty) to even doing a factory wipe. Still no BIS. All I get when I use the Email Accounts Setup is BES settings. Btw, this phone has never been setup for BES. So last week I called Verizon tech support and went through 3 different levels of tech. They tried everything from resending the books multiple times to taking my BIS off my account and then adding it back multiple times. Still no BIS. They said they can't figure it out.On the top part of my display there is still no BIS icon. Only the 3G icon and signal strength meter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to use an iPhone or Android.
    08-26-19 03:54 PM
    Go get a new phone.... 3G on Verizon is ending at the end of the year anyway.
    08-26-19 03:59 PM
    Go get a new phone.... 3G on Verizon is ending at the end of the year anyway.
    According to the the last Verizon tech I talked with he said Verizon is delaying shutting down 3G till at least mid 2020 since there are still too many people on the network still using 3G phones.
    08-26-19 04:12 PM
    According to the the last Verizon tech I talked with he said Verizon is delaying shutting down 3G till at least mid 2020 since there are still too many people on the network still using 3G phones.
    I've heard that, but haven't seen anything official.

All I'd know to suggest is to wipe the phone or reload the OS - then resend the service books and see if you can set it up again.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-27-19 07:22 AM

All I'd know to suggest is to wipe the phone or reload the OS - then resend the service books and see if you can set it up again.
    I've wiped the 9930 a few times but don't think I've tried reloading the OS. From what I can tell reloading has to be done through the BB Desktop Software? Will give that a try. thx
    08-27-19 01:30 PM

Well I just finished doing a reload of the latest version of the OS but unfortunately that didn't solve the no BIS access. If I do a search for "email setup" I get the Email Setup Application which is different from the Setup/Email Accounts icon. But when I select the Email Setup Application nothing happens as opposed to when I select the Setup/Email Accounts icon that takes me to the enterprise email setup screen. Crazy.....
    08-27-19 03:58 PM
    Well I just finished doing a reload of the latest version of the OS but unfortunately that didn't solve the no BIS access. If I do a search for "email setup" I get the Email Setup Application which is different from the Setup/Email Accounts icon. But when I select the Email Setup Application nothing happens as opposed to when I select the Setup/Email Accounts icon that takes me to the enterprise email setup screen. Crazy.....
    You'll now be looking at a blackberry Q10, still has a removable battery (which is a plus) and at least you can setup your e-mail account(s) in simplicity, because BIS is done for verizon apparently as you tried everything you possibly could try and exhausted it. 3G=CDMA (should say "1x EVDO, but verizon overrides it. CDMA is 2G, eg. data OR voice at one time.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    09-03-19 11:17 AM
    You'll now be looking at a blackberry Q10, still has a removable battery (which is a plus) and at least you can setup your e-mail account(s) in simplicity, because BIS is done for verizon apparently as you tried everything you possibly could try and exhausted it. 3G=CDMA (should say "1x EVDO, but verizon overrides it. CDMA is 2G, eg. data OR voice at one time.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    I'd just before buying a Q10 for Verizon.... a few have had issues getting one activated.
    09-03-19 11:35 AM
    I'd just before buying a Q10 for Verizon.... a few have had issues getting one activated.
    There are some places/people selling used Verizon Q10/Classics but I have no idea who to buy from. I have zero experience buying used cell phones and don't want to get ripped off. Any suggestions as to where to buy a used Verizon Q10/Classic? thx
    09-03-19 12:46 PM
    There are some places/people selling used Verizon Q10/Classics but I have no idea who to buy from. I have zero experience buying used cell phones and don't want to get ripped off. Any suggestions as to where to buy a used Verizon Q10/Classic? thx
    Before you purchase from anyone, I’d confirm the ability to return if VZW can’t or won’t activate.

That said, Amazon or eBay are two best sites that protect customers.
    09-03-19 01:57 PM
    Before you purchase from anyone, I’d confirm the ability to return if VZW can’t or won’t activate.

That said, Amazon or eBay are two best sites that protect customers.
    Have checked out Amazon and alot of the Verizon Classics come from China. Not sure if it's a good idea getting 1 from there though....
    09-03-19 02:02 PM
    Have checked out Amazon and alot of the Verizon Classics come from China. Not sure if it's a good idea getting 1 from there though....
    First is, from what I remember, SQC 100-3 is the VZW CDMA model. That being said, if buying on Amazon, have the seller confirm via Amazon DM that model is -3 VZW CDMA so if not you dispute and return through Amazon policy. As long as you’re purchasing through Amazon, origin doesn’t really matter that I can tell.
    09-03-19 02:18 PM
    First is, from what I remember, SQC 100-3 is the VZW CDMA model. That being said, if buying on Amazon, have the seller confirm via Amazon DM that model is -3 VZW CDMA so if not you dispute and return through Amazon policy. As long as you’re purchasing through Amazon, origin doesn’t really matter that I can tell.
    \
    Thanks for the help!
    How does this 1 look on eBay?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=R_MTjb-3
    09-03-19 02:37 PM
    \
    Thanks for the help!
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...851%23viTabs_0
    At that price and the gut feeling I get from that listing I think you should be ok. Take seller up on the IMEI offer so you can verify it will be activated for you.
    09-03-19 03:09 PM
    \
    Thanks for the help!
    ]
    Make sure to let us know how it goes.... good or bad it might help someone else.
    09-03-19 03:15 PM
    At that price and the gut feeling I get from that listing I think you should be ok. Take seller up on the IMEI offer so you can verify it will be activated for you.
    Thanks for the help guys!
    09-03-19 03:17 PM
    Make sure to let us know how it goes.... good or bad it might help someone else.

Will do!
    09-03-19 03:17 PM
    There's a 2 year warranty you can buy for $20 from Squaretrade. Is that worth? Not sure how they can fix a phone that hasn't been sold in a few years.
    09-03-19 05:09 PM
    I sent the seller 2 messages the last 3 days asking for the IMEI code but haven't heard anything back. Strange since on the sellers page it tells potential buyers to ask them for the code to make sure it works on their Verizon plan.
    09-05-19 02:02 PM
    May I jump into this. I have a 9930 Used with Verizon in Calif. I have only used it for texting, phone and photos. Never connected via wifi. My problem is the battery either doesn't charge or discharges too fast. Some charging cables are worse than others, etc.
    What do I do? I like the device, don't want iPhone or android. Verizon tells me it will not work starting in 12/20.
    If I buy new - any suggestions on simple use phone - for group texting with the option of turning off the "reply all". I don't stream anything and no games.
    09-08-19 06:51 PM
    Current symptoms: phone charged - indicates 95%. Phone sits for 2 hours and starts flashing low battery and shuts down. I come back in another hour, touch the phone and it starts up indicates 90% charged. Look at a text message for 3 minutes and it starts flashing low battery. No response from any buttons. Shuts down. Sometimes this cycle repeats again.

Who do you recommend to diagnosis / repair / evaluate blackberry 9930?
    09-09-19 04:07 PM
    Current symptoms: phone charged - indicates 95%. Phone sits for 2 hours and starts flashing low battery and shuts down. I come back in another hour, touch the phone and it starts up indicates 90% charged. Look at a text message for 3 minutes and it starts flashing low battery. No response from any buttons. Shuts down. Sometimes this cycle repeats again.

Who do you recommend to diagnosis / repair / evaluate blackberry 9930?
    Sounds like it needs a new battery...
    09-09-19 05:03 PM
    I will try that pronto. . . Amazon supplies - I will pick longest warrantee?
    09-09-19 06:52 PM
    I will try that pronto. . . Amazon supplies - I will pick longest warrantee?
    I’m not familiar with any of the sellers other than Amazon itself.
    09-10-19 06:55 AM
    Well I got the Blackberry Classic from eBay. It was from a different seller. Box and everything looked brand new. Phone looks like it has never been used. Even had all the plastic protectors on it.
    BB10 sure is different from the Bold's BB7. So many options and settings on this new phone. I've been having a little issue with sending and receiving emails. I have a gmail account and a yahoo account. Yesterday I took a photo at the park and tried to send it but the email wouldn't send. It just had the little clock icon to the left of the email. Same thing happened on both accounts. When the Classic is on my home w-fi emails works great but when it's on the Verizon network it seems to be hit and miss. Never had this issue with the old Bold. Any ideas? thx
    09-14-19 03:18 PM
35 12