Frustration is peaking with the mass escape flash bug.

When I open an email or some other basic operation the whole screen flashes like I clicked escape and goes to Home screen.

This is happening far too often and driving me nutsoid.

Anyone else experience this? Happens quite often in the newsreader too. I will click a link and the whole screen flashes to home screen.

Another one, when I open web pages I see a blank gray screen. I scroll down with the trackpadd to force the page open.

I've barely installed any apps at all.

9700 OS6 is far more stable so far. Miss the light weight too.

9930 is twice the weight. Or it seems. Heavy phone for one handed playing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 03:51 PM
    No one has reported this behavior. Is it possible that one of your installed programs in causing this? I assume you have done a battery pull.
    08-20-11 03:54 PM
    Um, yeah I've done many. This issue has plagued me hourly.

I have barely any apps.

Scoremobile
    Ap news
    Bb newsreader
    Weather channel
    Be buzz

Nothing too fancy.

Buggy.

08-20-11 04:03 PM
    Doesn't happen on mine...Isolated to your phone...Get another.
    08-20-11 04:11 PM
    Laz may very well be(I don't know), however this is a documented bug on the Portal & with RIM as an issue. However it mostly happens on boot.
    08-20-11 04:14 PM
    I had several issues and this was one of them I reloaded the OS and everyting is fine now.

08-20-11 04:15 PM
    I had several issues and this was one of them I reloaded the OS and everyting is fine now.

This usually remedies the problem. )
    08-20-11 04:16 PM
    Someone has yet to release an OS7 friendly bricking tool as far as I know. Crackmem and bbsak aint working, or jl_cmder.

Any alternatives?

Why the warning for clicking hyperlinks in email now? Can't seem to find an option to turn this off. Feeling noobish with one big time.

08-20-11 04:22 PM
    There are some definate bugs in this OS and Rim needs to read these forums and pay some overtime to get this fixed before sales drop off.

08-20-11 04:26 PM
    Another one...

When I'm on a craigslist web page, if I'm halfway in the middle of all the links (middle of the page) and I click a link to a page, after I'm done on the page I hit escape and I go back to the TOP of the previous page and have to find my way back to where I was.

OS6 I could click a link then escape and be directly back where I was in the middle of the page.

OS7 does not do this. Totally annoying.

I'm missing a bug free phone. It doesn't exist. 9700 0S6 is less buggier.

But that's life with leaks and rim.

08-20-11 04:31 PM
    I can't keep mine locked in the holster every time I pull it out the device is unlocked WT@.
    08-20-11 04:34 PM
    I'm so sick of BB fan boys that can't acknowledge this phone is far from perfect. Jesus its a damn phone not a family member I'm speaking badly of.

Get a grip and stop ignoring the issues that are evident.

I will never buy a droid or apple touchscreen so I want this phone to be flawless. These bugs are fixable.

08-20-11 04:34 PM
    I spent 4 hours on the phone with bb support to get my device working properly and their excuse is its a new Os you have to expect issues! I told them if that was Rims attitude towards this they will end up like Palm Out Of Business. When I first reported the issue to Verizon they blame Rim! The customer always gets the shaft!
    AceStreaming likes this.
    08-20-11 04:41 PM
    seriously... get another one
    08-20-11 04:47 PM
    LoL

I remember when the 8900 was released and people went thru like 4 or 5 phones because of trackball issues.

The problems I'm experiencing are not hw related.

For the love of God how do these bugs don't get discovered during testing.

I realize the complexity and the miracle of the ghost in these machines but rim just fails on so many levels with hw and sw quality at times.

Living with leaks, praying for a perfect phone. The life of a bb user. Its neverending.

Chapdaddy likes this.
    08-20-11 04:52 PM
    So far I have been lucky, no bugs or issues. Luck always has a way of changing though so hopefully mine will hold out.
    08-20-11 04:59 PM
    Not had one issue with my 9930. Had a Tour, then Bold now 9930 and never had any issues with any of them. Guess I've been lucky.
    08-20-11 05:12 PM
    I also feel the processor it has should run faster than it does. Mine does not multi task too well
    08-20-11 05:23 PM
    But that's life with leaks and rim.

Get a grip and stop ignoring the issues that are evident.

Living with leaks
    Hang on, you're complaining about bugs in a leaked OS you're running? No problem with discussing bugs in a leaked os, but don't even try to take the attitude that you can't believe these bugs exist. It's a LEAK, DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMER. This entire thread should be deleted.
    otacon#AC likes this.
    08-20-11 05:24 PM
    lol, "twice the weight". It's .29oz more than the 9700. Maybe you just have tiny hands, so it feels bigger.

and BBSAK definitely works to wipe.

Sounds like you got a lemon, return it.
    08-20-11 05:32 PM
    Hmm I wonder why it didn't work for me...I will try on diff PC.

Thx

08-20-11 06:31 PM
    LoL

I remember when the 8900 was released and people went thru like 4 or 5 phones because of trackball issues.

The problems I'm experiencing are not hw related.

For the love of God how do these bugs don't get discovered during testing.

I realize the complexity and the miracle of the ghost in these machines but rim just fails on so many levels with hw and sw quality at times.

Living with leaks, praying for a perfect phone. The life of a bb user. Its neverending.

The bigger problem is that we have to have leaks at all. This is why RIM is getting bashed by everyone. I'm not experiencing the same problems as you are, but yesterday I was on a conference call for almost two hours and my 9930 locked up twice. It was completely unresponsive and just froze. I had to do a battery pull both times to get it back up and on the call again. There really is no excuse for it, but as long as the same people continue to run RIM things will never change.
    08-20-11 07:56 PM
    Someone has yet to release an OS7 friendly bricking tool as far as I know. Crackmem and bbsak aint working, or jl_cmder.

Any alternatives?

Why the warning for clicking hyperlinks in email now? Can't seem to find an option to turn this off. Feeling noobish with one big time.

BBSAK works fine on mine - did a full wipe today to downgrade to .261. I used Javawipe several times last week as well. I haven't tried JL, so I can't say.
    08-20-11 08:03 PM
    The bigger problem is that we have to have leaks at all. This is why RIM is getting bashed by everyone. I'm not experiencing the same problems as you are, but yesterday I was on a conference call for almost two hours and my 9930 locked up twice. It was completely unresponsive and just froze. I had to do a battery pull both times to get it back up and on the call again. There really is no excuse for it, but as long as the same people continue to run RIM things will never change.
    No one here will believe you actually had an issue with your phone.

You must be lying.

The 9930 is perfect.

Now all of sudden mine is doing a new "blackout" type of bugginess maneuver.

It just flashes and goes black, then I tap the trackpad a few times and it comes back.

Weird.

This phone is not the next coming of Jesus.

People say the same thing with each new upgrade.

RIM will be bought by Google or Microsoft in the next 5 years.

How funny, as I type this I get a new email and it did the blackout thing.

I'll live with it until the next "leak".
    08-20-11 08:08 PM
    This is seriously disturbing.
    08-20-11 08:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD