BGR is saying 9900 is being release in September. crackberry has a shot saying sprint is releasing 9930 8.21. in history no cdma device comes out before gsm unless its exclusive. what is going on?
    tmonews changed its expected release date from june to summer

most people are saying the rumors are true that we wont see the 9900 until "at least september"

unfortunately BES is the best system out there for email activesync doesn't come close to comparing. this is what keeps me loyal. the bb devises come with one benefit to the many awesome devices out there their keyboard. i hope they dont lose site of that. i couldn't care much of the touchscreen aspect of the upcoming phone but the stuff underneath the hood is what looks pretty. also upgrading the OS is always necessary.

furthermore im like every american im impatient. dont tell me the candy is coming when its not
    06-06-11 11:35 AM
    BGR is just BGR, and CrackBerry reported on release date from the leaked Sprint SKU as being 'tentative'

Still nothing officially confirmed by anyone yet...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 11:47 AM
    Sorry, but the candy is coming.

There won't be a delay until RIM fails to deliver by the end of summer. The summer in the northern hemisphere ends around September 21.

Blogs are blogs - they sensationalise headlines to get hits.
    06-06-11 12:05 PM
    Bgr is full of bs don't know why people waste their time reading his crap!

06-06-11 12:11 PM
    Sorry, but the candy is coming.

There won't be a delay until RIM fails to deliver by the end of summer. The summer in the northern hemisphere ends around September 21.

Blogs are blogs - they sensationalise headlines to get hits.
    The fact that RIM has coming soon on their website and announced the device in May mean it obviously got delayed if it comes out in september. Soon doesn't mean 4 months no matter how u intepret the word "soon"

06-06-11 12:12 PM
    And crucial tweeted like 2 weeks ago this device was headed for field testing and its still not in the field which means delaye�
    06-06-11 12:15 PM
    The fact that RIM has coming soon on their website and announced the device in May mean it obviously got delayed if it comes out in september. Soon doesn't mean 4 months no matter how u intepret the word "soon"

I love Twilight. Love the books, love the movies. Last night, at the 2011 MTV Movie awards, the next installment, Breaking Dawn, was announced. Release date is November 18th 2011. Yesterday was June 5th. So if we are to follow that logic, the movie that was advertised yesterday is late because it won't be released on October 18th.

I believe the word RIM used was "this summer" so it is not late given that we're not even in summer yet; this is still considered Spring. RIM will be late if they release the phone on the first day of Fall.
    06-06-11 12:25 PM
    The point isn't whether we can technically call it "delayed" or "not delayed." The adjective we use to describe its arrival date does nothing for us. What matters is when it actually arrives; and NO ONE knows the answer to that. There is no point in any more debate about this until someone has some substantial, credited information about an actual carrier release date. I like hearing the stories and getting a glimmer of optimism, but then I come back to reality and take it with a grain of salt, because this is all speculation and nothing more.
    06-06-11 12:34 PM
    I love Twilight. Love the books, love the movies. Last night, at the 2011 MTV Movie awards, the next installment, Breaking Dawn, was announced. Release date is November 18th 2011. Yesterday was June 5th. So if we are to follow that logic, the movie that was advertised yesterday is late because it won't be released on October 18th.

I believe the word RIM used was "this summer" so it is not late given that we're not even in summer yet; this is still considered Spring. RIM will be late if they release the phone on the first day of Fall.
    The fact u said u love twilight means u just lost all credibility in what you were saying

iLive an iLife likes this.
    06-06-11 12:38 PM
    Unfortunately (and obsessively) when a new device comes out a lot of people are excited and accept what bloggers, tech writers, etc tell them. I did that with the 9700, and to a much lesser extent with the 9800 because I'd already learned who to listen to....

There is a very short list of people who have trustworthy information....CX, salomondrin, phonegeek, Kevin, a handful of mods. Anyone else - BGR, CNET, the friend of a cousin's fiance's dressmaker who made her dress for her first wedding fifteen years ago whose brother works at RIM - have not proven their credibility. Then there is the occasional poster who says something that sounds plausible....like the guy who lives in Waterloo and reported seeing one....somehow I get that guy.
    06-06-11 12:43 PM
    The fact u said u love twilight means u just lost all credibility in what you were saying

Yeah - I love me some R-Patz.... I'm a cougar. With cubs in the oven. How is that for bizarre....

You can choose to not trust me. That's fine. No problem. I'm pretty certain that Summer lasts until at least September 21st.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-06-11 at 12:48 PM.
    howarmat, Spawn12 and meganVee like this.
    06-06-11 12:45 PM
    Yeah - I love me some R-Patz.... I'm a cougar. With cubs in the oven. How is that for bizarre....

You can choose to not trust me. That's fine. No problem. I'm pretty certain that Summer lasts until at least September 21st.
    If you are a cougar I apologize yes of course technically if the device comes out before Sept 21 it wouldn't be considered a delay that doesn't mean the launch date hasen't been pushed back internally though

06-06-11 12:51 PM
    How many threads do we need on the speculated 9900 release across multiple sections of the forum...
    06-06-11 12:55 PM
    How many threads do we need on the speculated 9900 release across multiple sections of the forum...
    Oh, don't worry - many more will be started.
    06-06-11 03:49 PM
    BGR is saying 9900 is being release in September. crackberry has a shot saying sprint is releasing 9930 8.21. in history no cdma device comes out before gsm unless its exclusive. what is going on?
    tmonews changed its expected release date from june to summer

most people are saying the rumors are true that we wont see the 9900 until "at least september"

unfortunately BES is the best system out there for email activesync doesn't come close to comparing. this is what keeps me loyal. the bb devises come with one benefit to the many awesome devices out there their keyboard. i hope they dont lose site of that. i couldn't care much of the touchscreen aspect of the upcoming phone but the stuff underneath the hood is what looks pretty. also upgrading the OS is always necessary.

furthermore im like every american im impatient. dont tell me the candy is coming when its not
    The official summer season starts June 21st. Fall starts September 23rd. If released after September 23rd, then it will be late.

Patience grasshopper, patience. It's not like you or anyone else can do anything about it.
    meganVee likes this.
    06-06-11 03:53 PM
    It's only late if a date is announced by the carrier and it doesn't meet that date. Period. BGR sucks - reliability on rumors like this is very poor.
    06-06-11 05:23 PM
    When I heard Q3, I was expecting November so August/September is just fine with me. You want delays? Try being a gamer and waiting for GT5 for the PS3. Now THAT was a delay!

06-07-11 12:24 AM
    Game was worth it though =P

06-07-11 04:06 AM
    Bgr is full of bs don't know why people waste their time reading his crap!

For the same reason they read THESE forums!

People are so desperate for information that many are making it up!
    06-07-11 05:37 AM
    When I heard Q3, I was expecting November so August/September is just fine with me. You want delays? Try being a gamer and waiting for GT5 for the PS3. Now THAT was a delay!

Duke nukem forever: That is THE delay.
    06-07-11 06:31 AM
    Being it's June 7th and we haven't heard much yet, I think that shoots down the earlier "June" release rumors pretty well at least.
    06-07-11 10:14 AM
    Here's my view on the release. This is based on pure speculation, RIM appears to be up to its throat now with stocks falling, projections falling, and competition with iOS 5. I am very optimistic that this device will be released within the next 60 days. With the implementation of wikitude + BBM , RIM just gained + 10 points against iMessage.

Another good thing is Apple didn't introduce a new iPhone imo, because now we know what software will be running on 3GS/4/*4S|5*, RIM 's only competition at this point will be against the Hardware side. Does RIM have a opportunity? I believe so. However with more and more Companies and Goverment offcials switching to iOS, for RIM I think marketing will play a big role in the next 60 days.

Last edited by hellohazards; 06-07-11 at 12:49 PM.
    06-07-11 12:46 PM
    You might not be too far away from the truth here hello hazards, just thinking the same about the earnings call next week

06-07-11 01:17 PM
    Game was worth it though =P
    Haha! I have been thinking the same thing lately! Nice to see some GT5 fans on here.
    06-07-11 01:59 PM
    You might not be too far away from the truth here hello hazards, just thinking the same about the earnings call next week
    Hopefully RIM realizes this before its too late, and google or someone else decides to buy them out. Because they're beging to follow NOKIA

06-07-11 02:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD