Open GL support has been added in OS 6.1
    Well that does not mean anything, the storms had Open GL so that means that OS 4.6, OS 5.0, and 6.0, could do it just not any GSM phones, I hope this has changed and they have it now.
    01-13-11 10:44 AM
    The new curve featured on BGR a minute or so ago has an 800 mhz processor so I am gussing this one will have at least that.
    I just saw that. The Tavor MG1 was the code name for the PXA-955, so atleast its a step up
    01-13-11 10:51 AM
    New Curve looks sweet, but this hear will be my next phone. Everything I have wanted in a phone for awhile. Patience is a virtue, lol!

Still don't mean it is necessary coming. Can only hope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 11:00 AM
    If that's true, than great. Pretty much the only phone that has all the specs I like. Probably gonna be out of my price range, so won't purchase this one.
    I doubt the price will be anymore than what we've paid with or without a contract renewal.
    01-13-11 11:00 AM
    I doubt the price will be anymore than what we've paid with or without a contract renewal.
    +1

I was going to say that, but I thought he was maybe implying that even that price is too much right now personally. I agree, but when I get some financial aid/student loan money or a job, I might buy this. I just need to see it in person.
    01-13-11 11:12 AM
    The Bold is considered the "flagship" and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the asking price is 299 on contract like the original Bold 9000. All the wannabe Bolds that came after the 9000 simply reused old parts and came at a cheaper price.

For some that might be a steep price, but i paid 299 when i got my Bold back in the day as it was packing the best. Right now this model has the best, and im sure RIM will price it accordingly. Touch screen with a decent res (im sure on such a small screen it will look great, maybe even as good as the Retina Display) with HD video capture and a form factor that doesnt blow nuts and is comfortable to use.

I just wish the best had HSPA+ support, and i have a nagging feeling that the PXA955 wont have a GPU for OpenGL.
    01-13-11 11:15 AM
    The new curve gets 7.2 mbps which would be enough for me right now. I'm excited about this one. I'm hoping it come to TMO.
    01-13-11 11:19 AM
    I don't see how they will be able to charge $299 this time around. The market has become way too competitive. $199 essentially gets you the best offerings right now.
    Rello likes this.
    01-13-11 11:19 AM
    My upgrade is in June. If this finally comes to fruition, I may just buy it. Otherwise I'm gonna go with a 9780 and be happy with that until the AT&T LTE models start rolling out.
    01-13-11 11:27 AM
    If Travor CPU corresponds to PXA955, and if this phone is fitted with that PXA955, then it doesn't embbed any graphic processor.
    01-13-11 11:41 AM
    I don't see how they will be able to charge $299 this time around. The market has become way too competitive. $199 essentially gets you the best offerings right now.
    You would think so, but this is RIM were talking about. The same RIM that has been extremely quiet on the price of the Playbook (something tells me it isnt going to be 499 base, and we wont see an announcement until we see the next iPad i bet), and who charges full price for a phone with 3 year old recycled hardware like the 9780.

Still, RIM is really only competing with themselves and the Droid Pro, so they could charge anything. Unlike the Torch and Storm, they could never fetch a higher price than say they iPhone, it would be complete suicide.
    01-13-11 12:00 PM
    You would think so, but this is RIM were talking about. The same RIM that has been extremely quiet on the price of the Playbook (something tells me it isnt going to be 499 base, and we wont see an announcement until we see the next iPad i bet), and who charges full price for a phone with 3 year old recycled hardware like the 9780.

Still, RIM is really only competing with themselves and the Droid Pro, so they could charge anything. Unlike the Torch and Storm, they could never fetch a higher price than say they iPhone, it would be complete suicide.
    +1

I can haz 10 char?
    01-13-11 12:05 PM
    In addition, tech website Boy Genius Report published details of a touch and type smartphone code-named BlackBerry Dakota, which it said boasted near-field communication (NFC) technology, which allows consumers to pay for items by waving the phone against a special terminal.

RIM shares jump after India deal; new phone leaked - Yahoo! Singapore Finance

Anyone familure with near-field comminication technology? Do any other phones have this?
    01-13-11 12:13 PM
    Anyone familure with near-field comminication technology? Do any other phones have this?
    Believe the Nexus S is the only one in the US.
    01-13-11 12:15 PM
    Considering the next generation Curve is sporting a 800 mhz processor, I highly doubt this one will have a 624 one. 1 ghz at least. Finally rim is releasing some competitive spec devices!! Now bring on the Storm 3! 640 by 480 on a 2.8 inche screen is an amazing ppi, much higher then Samsungs current Galaxy line and many other androids.

01-13-11 12:21 PM
    Quite the berry, read it on BGR. Give it some time and keep googling'

01-13-11 12:24 PM
    Lmfao does rim know it isn't 2009 or even 2010 this phone would of been good last year not this year. IPHONE 5 july 2011 verizon
    STFU + GTFO. That iPhone 5 comment doesn't even deserve a response (other than the obvious... STFU + GTFO).

Considering the next generation Curve is sporting a 800 mhz processor, I highly doubt this one will have a 624 one. 1 ghz at least. Finally rim is releasing some competitive spec devices!! Now bring on the Storm 3! 640 by 480 on a 2.8 inche screen is an amazing ppi, much higher then Samsungs current Galaxy line and many other androids.

Thank you. People want things they don't even understand.
    01-13-11 12:32 PM
    I'm thinking we'll look at a 1 or 1.2 GHz processor after seeing the specs for the Torch 2 leak. I'm surprised that detail was left out of the leak for the Dakota.
    01-13-11 01:10 PM
    I would love to see this as an LTE device for Verizon down the road (I realize its not for Verizon now).

Maybe they left out the processor info b/c they are going to use the Armada 628 and suprise the competition... leaving them with their jaws on the floor? lol I KID I KID
    01-13-11 03:59 PM
    you had 768mb ram just seems odd ammount to me
    512+256=768 Binarly numbers in action. Edit, should have read one more post, deRusett beat me too to the line.

Kevin is reporting a Bold 9000 form factory, the Sumo Wrestler in a room full of models, and the perfect form factor for big guy.
    01-13-11 04:04 PM
    In addition, tech website Boy Genius Report published details of a touch and type smartphone code-named BlackBerry Dakota, which it said boasted near-field communication (NFC) technology, which allows consumers to pay for items by waving the phone against a special terminal.

RIM shares jump after India deal; new phone leaked - Yahoo! Singapore Finance

I remember hearing a coupla years ago that some Nokia phones had an embedded NFC chip and were being used in Europe....

01-13-11 11:49 PM
    I remember hearing a coupla years ago that some Nokia phones had an embedded NFC chip and were being used in Europe....

You would be correct, NFC is old news but both Google and RIM are hyping it like its the new thing.

NFC is also extremely big in Japan, but it goes by the name Osaifu-Keitai and they've been using it since 04 in all kinds of stuff, but they are mostly present in their "dumphones" (if you can call them that)
    01-13-11 11:58 PM
    as per the specs, the phone seem a lot slimmer than the current crop..it says 10.5 mm thick and compare it to current bold at 14.1mm and it is infact a tad thicker than iphone4 which is 9.3mm thick..impressive for a phone with a removal battery.

The screen's pixel density is 285.71 ppi which is very good, though not noticeable and is only second to Apple's retina display which is 320ppi, one cannot ask for more and it is greater than any other android currently being offered..impressive

Hope they put the 9700's battery and this will be a killer device even without QNX OS.
    Last edited by sf49ers; 01-14-11 at 12:57 AM.
    01-14-11 12:55 AM
    This phone looks great, if RIM had come out with this last year before android really started taking off they would be in a much more competitive position. All I've gotta say is can we please get this on Verizon.
    01-14-11 01:07 AM
    um. i hope it doesn't have the same teeny LED as the torch and curve. no maam. that's unacceptable.
    01-14-11 01:21 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD