Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. On the stainless steel band, at the edges is chrome. Mine is getting scuffed very easily, I mean through just taking it out of my holster, holding it, etc. They aren't scratches, just looks like smudges on the finish that can't come off. Anyone experiencing this? Any way to removr it?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 01:24 PM
    mmm nope.. not experiencing any of this issue.. err this afternoon I dropped my bb and got it dented.. urgh!
    11-02-11 01:27 PM
    mines in perfect shape, but i never put my phone in my pocket with keys or anything,
    adamrollins likes this.
    11-02-11 01:31 PM
    Mine is perfect.
    I normally keep it in the leather pouch, and in case I put it in my shirt pocket I take care of taking out my pen. In trouser pockets, I take care that I don't have keys or coins.
    I would suggest using fine rubbing compound to buff out any scratches on the bezel. Take care of not overdoing it otherwise you might make it glossy.
    11-02-11 02:15 PM
    I am having the exact same issue with mine. Although the scratches are only showing up on the top and bottom. The sides are perfect. And just like you, I only put my 9930 in my leather holster or on my charging pod on my desk... I am very careful with it and never use a screen protector as its simply not needed when such care is taken.

It is a bit weird how these scratches just show up on the metal...
    11-02-11 02:33 PM
    You can buff out the sides of the phone, maybe?
    11-02-11 02:36 PM
    Hmm anyone reccommend any product in particular? This is the strangest thing I've ever seen haha...I'll see if I can post some pics

11-02-11 06:54 PM
    hey did anyone find a particular product or general kind of product to help with the "scuffs" on the bezel?

my only concern is getting some sort of liquid chemical on part of the plastic and that getting ruined. i suppose cotton swabs could do the trick.
    03-12-12 02:20 AM
    Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. On the stainless steel band, at the edges is chrome. Mine is getting scuffed very easily, I mean through just taking it out of my holster, holding it, etc. They aren't scratches, just looks like smudges on the finish that can't come off. Anyone experiencing this? Any way to removr it?

Thanks.

I've got the same issue. I'm using a soft shell case.
    03-12-12 03:38 AM
    I have the same problem with the soft shell case. I have read somewhere on here that the suspected cause would be little bits of dirt/dust/grit getting inside the case and rubbing on the bezel inside the case.

No idea about buffing them out though.

Edit: Just tried using some Brasso and my scuffs are gone and the phone is as good as new. Good luck!
    Last edited by MrRJ; 03-12-12 at 05:01 AM.
    03-12-12 04:53 AM
    mines in perfect shape, but i never put my phone in my pocket with keys or anything,
    Same here, seperate pocket, with the screen against my leg.
    03-12-12 04:59 AM
    The finish is "brushed" so buffing will only cause it to shine. To do it right you need to remove the band and separate it from the plastic.
    03-12-12 05:13 AM
    Shoulda had an Otterbox. I dropped my bold out my car over 10 times and its still brand new. I drive with my phone on my lap alot so when I get out car I sometimes forget that its on my lap.
    03-12-12 05:43 AM
    I'd buy yourself a case. I don't like rigid cases; so I use a TPU or Silicon case and remember the bottom part of the bezel is actually plastic.
    03-12-12 08:22 AM
    Shoulda had an Otterbox. I dropped my bold out my car over 10 times and its still brand new. I drive with my phone on my lap alot so when I get out car I sometimes forget that its on my lap.
    Your crazy :O I'd never drive with my phone on my lapt in case I forget it was there :O
    mhw100 likes this.
    03-12-12 08:39 AM

Thanks.

Scuffing is a common problem on brushed stainless steel watch bracelets, and there are tools available to clean it up. I am a watch geek and I am also on Poor Mans Watch Forum. I'd go there and ask what's popular for that. The people are impossibly helpful and very friendly. I never do clean mine up because I like my watches to look lived in. The Bold's finish looks the same though, so the tools that work for watch bracelets out to work here too.
    03-12-12 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD