I considering what's better for the OS system and the battery
    02-04-16 08:33 PM
    There's no problem leaving it on all the time. Put it in bedside mode at night if you think the notifications might bother you.
    02-04-16 08:38 PM
    I used to use the "auto on/off" feature to let it turn off every night and back on in the morning by itself. ;-) so miss that feature on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 08:56 PM
    Automatic bedside mode when charging, auto on/off, and being able to quickly swipe thru and change my alarm snooze time on the fly are the top 3 items I miss. So sad...
    02-04-16 10:05 PM
    Mine runs sleeplessly around the clock for years on end BUT it gets 3 minute "cat naps" at least once per day. Takes 3 minutes to reboot after battery swap. Usually at bedtime in case I get a call 5 minutes after head hits pillow. The sun never sets on my global client base. Lol.

Memory leaks WILL eventually fill & bog down our "macro-kernel" legacy BBOS. Shut down might help a little but routine batt swaps seem to be the most thorough "garbage collection" strategy for legacy BBOS memory health.

BB10's "micro-kernel" is MUCH more efficient at garbage collection and rarely needs a "cat nap". Too bad legacy BBOS GUI never got built on qnx... Oh well, some of us are willing to accept three minute cat naps as acceptable trade off for intuitive GUI.
    02-08-16 01:10 PM
    Oh well, some of us are willing to accept three minute cat naps as acceptable trade off for intuitive GUI.
    Indeed.
    The cat nap rituals never bothered me. I actually feel better when I do this. Other platforms and devices have their own quirks. So, what's the problem? :-)
    02-08-16 04:18 PM
    Yep, for us 99ers, productivity afforded by an intuitively mature GUI more than adequately compensates for three minute cat naps. A side benefit is that by swapping in a 100% charged battery, we get the device back to 100% charge after that 3 minute catnap.

9900 is not just a device, it's a system.
    02-08-16 06:01 PM
    Mine runs sleeplessly around the clock for years on end BUT it gets 3 minute "cat naps" at least once per day. Takes 3 minutes to reboot after battery swap.
    That's all it takes to keep the cruft accumulation at a minimum!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-08-16 06:11 PM
    mine is in the dock charger set to "Phone Calls Only" and I dont use "sleep mode" for fear of burning out my LCD screen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-08-16 09:25 PM