Now, if you were Apple, and you made what most describe as a runaway success that continues to gain more adoptees even WITHOUT a physical keyboard, would you muddy the waters and your own design pedigree by adding a physical keyboard?
    09-03-11 08:05 PM
    My initial reaction was that this might actually be ideal for RIM rather than Apple (who seems to be sticking to software oriented solutions for everything, minimizing hardware switches and buttons). RIM has been so bound by a spell of physical KB that actually has prevented them from being much more innovative, using larger screen real estate. In order not to leave those physical KB diehards behind, RIM should seriously look into this.
    09-03-11 08:25 PM
    I would try an iPhone 5 if it has an optional keyboard like this. Only complaint I have about my BB 9900 is battery life sucks. All I ask is to be able to get through a full day especially when I don't get on internet hardly at all other than small amount of FB or Twitter. Unfortunately, my 9780 just sold on ebay for $200+ so I won't have an option but to keep this phone. I gotta say Apple is pretty innovative and I would have never thought they would have a physical keyboard. We'll see how I feel in October when Iphone 5 comes out.
    09-03-11 08:56 PM
    I'd give my left nut for a iPhone or android device with a decent physical keyboard. I'm so ******* tired of the BB bull**** I could scream. All the **** I want is a device that can let me view databases and maybe print the odd email attachment on my BT printer. These BBs are so hamstrung it's a disaster. ARRRRRRRGH!
    09-03-11 09:09 PM
    I'd give my left nut for a iPhone or android device with a decent physical keyboard. I'm so ******* tired of the BB bull**** I could scream. All the **** I want is a device that can let me view databases and maybe print the odd email attachment on my BT printer. These BBs are so hamstrung it's a disaster. ARRRRRRRGH!
    Your best hope is an Android phone then because I highly doubt that Apple will do a 180 on its originally design philosophy with having no physical keyboard.

I can see a whole bunch of BB Bold users flocking to the iPhone if Apple made one with a fantastic physical keyboard. So many users want it for its physical keyboard and if that advantage gets taken away from the Bold, then... not exactly sure what would make BB Bold appealing enough.
    Last edited by Vihzel; 09-03-11 at 09:42 PM.
    09-03-11 09:40 PM
    I blame the humans. Stupid sheeple and their social networking fake lives have the oems flocking to provide apps so some half wit can show the world what a complete **** he is in 140 characters or less. The evolutionary significance of that trait will forever elude me. Meanwhile I can't get a freaking .doc file to print on the latest upgrade to Cortado. Business device my ***. I'm so frustrated with my pos 9800 I'm looking at the HTC Status, and I don't even have a facebook account.
    09-03-11 10:12 PM
    I blame the humans. Stupid sheeple and their social networking fake lives have the oems flocking to provide apps so some half wit can show the world what a complete **** he is in 140 characters or less. The evolutionary significance of that trait will forever elude me. Meanwhile I can't get a freaking .doc file to print on the latest upgrade to Cortado. Business device my ***. I'm so frustrated with my pos 9800 I'm looking at the HTC Status, and I don't even have a facebook account.
    Don't buy it in white, get it in black and unlocked without bloatware HTC Status 850/1900 3G (ChaCha) Facebook A810A (Unlocked) (Black)

Awesome!
    09-04-11 11:32 AM
    Your best hope is an Android phone then because I highly doubt that Apple will do a 180 on its originally design philosophy with having no physical keyboard.

I can see a whole bunch of BB Bold users flocking to the iPhone if Apple made one with a fantastic physical keyboard. So many users want it for its physical keyboard and if that advantage gets taken away from the Bold, then... not exactly sure what would make BB Bold appealing enough.
    Dunno. Having never used BBM, I'm seriously questioning why I have a BB. Especially now that I can't make mine do much more than email, text and calls. The only database app out there, HanDbase, is all but abandoning BBOS over the frustration of working with it's arcane structure. My understanding is my Gmail primary business addy can be pushed on any device, so the logic of owning a BB is starting to crumble. I'll go back to dreaming about a 9900 running Android. How ******* cool would THAT be? So off I go to evaluate a phone called "chacha" with a dedicated facebook button because it's 10 times the business machine the 9900 is. Sweet.
    Last edited by palomartian; 09-04-11 at 12:37 PM.
    09-04-11 12:33 PM
    I think its a great idea.But i dont think people criticize the idea itself its more of the fact that Iphone users pray the iphone for not having a keyboard and being touchscreen etc etc. BB lovers love BB for its keyboard and now that we have BBs withouth keyboards everyone criticizes BB for saying "oh i thought you guys didnt need all touchscreen or apps etc etc" so the laugh is more about i thought iPhone was perfection the way it is without the keyboard?? not really right no phone is perfect but for those trolls out there here you go..
    09-04-11 01:45 PM
    lol,
    unpractical
    sooo loosable, breakable bendable
    but congrats for the vid
    09-04-11 02:04 PM
    I'm not sure Apple's best bet is to go with a physical keyboard. Apple customers are so used to touch devices now that I can't see it being appealing. It may attract outside users, but I don't think a whole lot of them.
    09-05-11 06:53 AM
    Some of you fanboys on here are worse than Apple fanboys. So because someone made a keyboard for the iPhone they want it to be like a Blackberry? News flash, there are tons of other phones out there that have keyboards that aren't Blackberries. Talk about delusional. I mean I love Blackberry phones but the bitterness and jealousy some of you show towards the iPhone is really transparent and quite funny.
    09-05-11 07:46 AM
    That keyboard looks kinda good for the IPHONE, but it will prolly be Shi.t to type on and can NEVER EVER be able to be compared with the Bold 9900 keyboard
    09-05-11 09:00 AM
    It could be argued that most people DON'T want the keyboard of the 9900.
    09-05-11 09:18 AM
    Can someone at CB please grant me Admin/Mod status? There are a few repeat offendors (re: trolls) that need a good banning. If nothing other than to not have to skip through their lame-*** bs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 09:18 AM
    I would try an iPhone 5 if it has an optional keyboard like this. Only complaint I have about my BB 9900 is battery life sucks. All I ask is to be able to get through a full day especially when I don't get on internet hardly at all other than small amount of FB or Twitter. Unfortunately, my 9780 just sold on ebay for $200+ so I won't have an option but to keep this phone. I gotta say Apple is pretty innovative and I would have never thought they would have a physical keyboard. We'll see how I feel in October when Iphone 5 comes out.
    If you have a problem with the 9900's battery life... I can't imagine what you'd think of the iPhone's battery. With the iPhone I have to turn off 3g, wifi, bluetooth, and lower the screen brightness just to make it through the day.
    09-05-11 07:36 PM
    I gave my iPhone 4 to my daughter and got a new 9900 Bold. Personally, I like the Bold much better. The biggest factor for me was signal strength. I'm on the Rogers network, and the bold gets a strong signal in places the iPhone does not. Oh! And the keyboard ROCKS!
    09-05-11 08:23 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD