I just saw this on Twitter and did a double take....and the iPhone faithfull were touting how awesome it would be.......F***ING SERIOUSLY???

SmartKeyboard Concept Gives the iPhone a Physical Keyboard Based on the iPad�s Smart Cover

scootnyinzer likes this.
    09-03-11 01:58 PM
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
    09-03-11 02:12 PM
    Third party ideas? CENSOR THEM! Apple's policy to all ideas they haven't thought of or stolen from someone.
    thehunted1 likes this.
    09-03-11 02:14 PM
    Lmao they wish...
    09-03-11 02:15 PM
    hahahahaha
    09-03-11 02:17 PM
    LOL. Wow, that was Pathetic.
    3migo likes this.
    09-03-11 02:30 PM
    Well obviously the Bold has a better keyboard... It has an actual keyboard....

So far I love the Bold. But I definitely miss my iPhone 4.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 02:45 PM
    Some people prefer physical keyboards and others prefer on-screen keyboards. There's no "better" in this case.
    09-03-11 02:48 PM
    OMG!!!! A sticker keyboard?!?!??!?
    09-03-11 02:50 PM
    LOL good one thanks!
    09-03-11 03:51 PM
    Some people prefer physical keyboards and others prefer on-screen keyboards. There's no "better" in this case.
    Agreed.

In addition, I am all for options. Not my cup of tea, but I don't think it is as foolish as some may think.

Y'all, don't treat new ideas the same way RIM and others treated the imminent original iPhone (with scorn). If I were RIM, I would be looking to get something like this made for any all-touch devices I have on tap.
    09-03-11 04:05 PM
    Why laugh at someone's innovative idea. I actually think it looks pretty useful.

Nickerz and jonathon.94 like this.
    09-03-11 04:18 PM
    Why laugh at someone's innovative idea. I actually think it looks pretty useful.

Anything they could do to make themselves feel better about their purchase.
    09-03-11 04:34 PM
    Lol just get am phone with actual keyboard lol.

09-03-11 04:42 PM
    Thats all nice and dandy, but how the hel can u press the little button its covering? peeling off the KB every time u want to press that isnt ideal... id love to see ppl put this in their pockets and stay on when they pull it out lol. Also, they spelled "thinnest" wrong... the kb wont teach em how to spell haha.
    Last edited by vsharm01; 09-03-11 at 05:04 PM.
    09-03-11 05:02 PM
    Anything they could do to make themselves feel better about their purchase.
    That's a tad of an overstatement. While I love my Bold 9930 it is still behind my over a year old iPhone 4 in a LOT of areas. Web, apps, camera, ALL MEDIA, screen, build quality, and overall user experience. Don't try and kid yourself to think that people who bought an iPhone wish they had a Blackberry. And I can type faster on my iPhone keyboard with fewer mistakes any day of the week than I can with my Bold.
    Last edited by donnation; 09-03-11 at 05:18 PM.
    09-03-11 05:11 PM
    That's a tad of an overstatement. While I love my Bold 9930 it is still behind my over a year old iPhone 4 in a LOT of areas. Web, apps, camera, ALL MEDIA, screen, build quality, and overall user experience. Don't try and kid yourself to think that people who bought an iPhone wish they had a Blackberry. And I can type faster on my iPhone keyboard with fewer mistakes any day of the week than I can with my Bold.
    I think that was the exact OPPOSITE of what V was trying to say... LOL.
    09-03-11 05:24 PM
    I think that was the exact OPPOSITE of what V was trying to say... LOL.
    Whoops you're right, sorry V no offense.
    yenyob likes this.
    09-03-11 05:26 PM
    Whoops you're right, sorry V no offense.
    lol not a problem
    09-03-11 05:37 PM
    Um...how is that keyboard "tactical"? Ahahahah
    09-03-11 06:14 PM
    Does this mean iPhone has to revise their display size from 3.5" display to 1.5" display - lol! The Bold could now be bigger!!!

Seriously though, I wish I came up with this idea!
    Sharma15 likes this.
    09-03-11 06:36 PM
    iphone no longer an iphone.its now an "appleberry" lol.the only way apple can make a physical keyboard work is if they design an iphone slider.if they go with a vertical one,then people will say its a patent of rim's blackberry torch.a horizontal one would be a decent choice but that one can also be controversial.better off then just sticking with full touchscreen.
    09-03-11 06:51 PM
    Based on Apple's first iPhone keynote... they would never have a physical keyboard because it's considered to be wasted space when you don't need it. It's really evident in the browser when you're stuck using the tiny screen to navigate in. It's incredibly efficient having a 4"+ screen to use and then the on-screen keyboard when desired.
    09-03-11 06:54 PM
    If apple was smart they'd do something like this or make a model with a keyboard. Hated the touchscreen keyboard. No touchscreen has anything on a well made physical qwerty. Aka the 9930.

09-03-11 07:02 PM
    I think the 9900 looks like a BB/iphone ******* love child, and I mean that in a good way. I love the design of the iphone, but carrier choice and lack of qwerty keyboard is a deal breaker for me. If Apple had a real, practical qwerty phone, it would probably sell like crazy, but it would be contrary to the Apple design ethic; great design, excellent materials and as few buttons as possible. I think we will see the 9900 and 9810 will be the top sellers. I think an all touch Blackberry will be have little appeal, unless BB does it in a way or offers a must-have feature that sets it apart from Android and iOS.
    09-03-11 07:25 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD