Ok work has a BESx. I have a BES on VZW. Can i drop down to a BIS save 15$ and still access the BESx for email? Im reading conflicting stories and its all a little over my head. I can access it using POP but anytime i open an email in outlook on my desktop, i get a duplicated email showing up on my phone. Only reason we need BESx. Yet a droid and iphone can connect on a regular data plan..just doesn't make sense but i cant let go of my bold.
    08-16-11 07:26 PM
    Yes, you can. Got my 9930 today and I am on a BESX and have VZW. I have the BIS plan, but you have to download the Enterprise Activation application from App World to activate it on the BESX. Whole thing took 10 minutes and saves us some $$$ off the BES data plan!
    SlickVic likes this.
    08-16-11 07:40 PM
    Ok great. Now i just need the IT guy to restart the BESx. He said he had to delete my account, then recreate it. When he recreated it it said something about my account being in a que for deletion. So hopefully he will restart and everything will work correctly. I'll wait until im connected and working good before i downgrade to a BIS plan.
    08-16-11 07:48 PM
    Technically, after you've setup the phone, you can just go to host routing, then register - after that go out of the menu and back in and you'll have the enterprise activation screen for a little while before the carrier resends it's service books and removes the menu again.
    08-16-11 08:33 PM
    After a BESx reboot i was able to actiave no problems. Still on BES but will try going to a BIS shortly. Thanks.
    08-16-11 09:01 PM
    Sometime you just have to give a call back. Got a tech who then contacted Blackberry tech and BBT told vzwtech that i could go to a BIS plan and still get BESx emails. So just saved 15$ a month.
    08-16-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD