I've been using Minisafe for years. This app let's you enter secret stuff like passwords, ssn's, bank accounts, etc and need to enter a password to open file.

No Minisafe for os 7 so I'm looking for another way to do this.

Even a locked spreadsheet or word doc would work.

Any suggestions?
    09-01-11 11:24 PM
    BlackBerry Wallet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 11:30 PM
    BlackBerry Wallet.

Thanks. Trying to compare this to Password Keeper.

I'm hoping to find something that I can enter all the data on my computer, then sync it to 9930.
    09-01-11 11:40 PM
    My suggestion to you is not to store any personal info on a mobile phone you never know what can happen, make a hard copy (write it down on a paper) and put it on a safe place at home, however there is an app on the blackberry already install called "password keeper" is under applications where the calculator is and all that stuff is, maybe that can come in handy for you.
    09-01-11 11:42 PM
    I use password keeper pretty much extensively. It is good, does the job very well for me.

Have no idea if you can transfer from computer to bb. don't think there is any programme compatible.
    09-02-11 03:17 AM
    Ascendo Datavault. Will be available for OS7 next week. Awesome app that I've used for many years, on many different OS phone brands. Most recently on my Storm 2. Love the desktop app with easy sync to the BB.
    DrewDT likes this.
    09-02-11 07:01 AM
    KEEPER!

I use this software on all of my devices and will sync them all via the Internet or directly to your computer. It will cost you a yearly fee but is the best I have found. Works with my RIMM, APPLE and ANDROID devices and syncs them to my Windows PC.

Well worth the cost if you are serious about keeping your data safe and yet being able to access from any device at any time.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-02-11 08:05 AM
    KEEPER!

I use this software on all of my devices and will sync them all via the Internet or directly to your computer. It will cost you a yearly fee but is the best I have found. Works with my RIMM, APPLE and ANDROID devices and syncs them to my Windows PC.

Well worth the cost if you are serious about keeping your data safe and yet being able to access from any device at any time.
    Not available for OS7 according to APPWorld.
    09-02-11 08:21 AM
    I'll give Ascendo Datavault a try. I'm using Minisafe now but it barely works on OS7.
    Thanks!
    09-02-11 10:49 AM
    I'll give Ascendo Datavault a try. I'm using Minisafe now but it barely works on OS7.
    Thanks!
    Be aware it says OS7 compatible on APPWORLD but it won't be updated until next week. It loads but you can't get past the register screen on the current version. I've been in contact with them and they are projecting availability sometime next week for the update.
    09-02-11 10:52 AM
    I use Password Keeper and it's does a damn good job.
    Plus it comes preloaded and ready to go and very simple and straight-forward.

09-02-11 12:57 PM
    I too use Blackberry Wallet for a bunch of stuff. Appears to work well.
    09-03-11 12:33 AM
    I use lastpass. It's a great app
    09-03-11 02:01 AM
    Anyone have any comparitive feedback for Password Keeper vs Minisafe vs BB Wallet vs Walgo vs Cardstar? I've used Password Keeper for a while just to record my ever-growing number of passwords, but am interested in also getting rid of membership cards and going digital with more of my currently physical wallet. Would any of these apps combine storage of passwords + membership info + other personal info that the OP mentioned?

Not trying to sidetrack the thread, BTW, but figured it was somewhat related.
    09-11-11 09:57 PM
    Anyone have any comparitive feedback for Password Keeper vs Minisafe vs BB Wallet vs Walgo vs Cardstar? I've used Password Keeper for a while just to record my ever-growing number of passwords, but am interested in also getting rid of membership cards and going digital with more of my currently physical wallet. Would any of these apps combine storage of passwords + membership info + other personal info that the OP mentioned?

Not trying to sidetrack the thread, BTW, but figured it was somewhat related.
    minisafe is no longer sold. i am still using an old version on my 9930. It works but not that well.
    The reason I am using it is because I can enter all data in from computer. It has a companion app that runs on the PC and sync's to Blackberry using desktop manager.

If it weren't for massive amounts of data (easier to enter on computer than Blackberry), I'd probably user password keeper since it's already on the Blackberry.
    09-11-11 10:22 PM
    Ive had great success with eWallet on Blackberry, Android, and iPhone devices. It syncs between these platforms and Windows. Im not affiliated withe company, but I am a very happy customer.

09-12-11 12:27 AM
    I have used Spash ID for years and like that it is basic and works on either my BB or laptop.
    It does not show yet as compatible with OS7 - I just checked. They usually are quick with updates.
    09-12-11 12:45 AM
    Ascendo DataVault is compatible with OS7 as of last week. I'm not sure if Handango or even their website has updated to reflect the new version of the software. However when you go to DL the program, it'll DL the newest version. The software installs with a trial option. So I would check it out before buying it. The best part of the software is that you have a desktop companion which syncs to the BB. You can edit your data from either or. I use DataVault extensively and is probably the best software purchase I've made for any BB I've owned. I've been using DataVault since my Pearl days. I've used the trial version of eWallet, which is similar, but I prefer DataVault, because I'm familiar with it.
    09-12-11 08:00 AM
    How about KeePass? It is free and there's both the Windows and Blackberry app so syncing would be possible.
    09-12-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD