I just had a quick question as to which was the best way to buy the 9930 without a contract. My provider is Verizon and i live in the US. I know you can look at ebay but i want to be sure that i get the warranty. Is buying through verizon for $600 really the best way? Thanks for the help in advance.
    11-13-11 10:28 AM
    Yeah I would def buy it from verizon to get the warranty. I've brought phones from ebay and even some have said sealed in the box but it had problems. Luckily I had insurance on my account!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 01:02 PM
    I just had a quick question as to which was the best way to buy the 9930 without a contract. My provider is Verizon and i live in the US. I know you can look at ebay but i want to be sure that i get the warranty. Is buying through verizon for $600 really the best way? Thanks for the help in advance.
    If you are going to buy a new 9930 off contract you can go VZW but you can also go to Best Buy or a REPUTABLE VZW reseller because you are going to pay full retail no matter what, stay off ebay and lastly you will get a warranty no matter where you buy it as long as it is a legit reseller as I mentioned.
    11-13-11 01:08 PM
    Hey just had another questions and didnt want to start another thread. What happens if you buy a phone off Ebay and do not have the warranty but you do have insurance on your phone through Verizon and something goes wrong?
    11-30-11 09:15 AM
    I would check and see if buying it from VZW is cheaper. I was going to buy one off contract when I was with sprint. It was 500 at the sprint store and 650 at best buy...
    11-30-11 10:28 AM
    This is the best way to buy a new Blackberry. Its quite a lengthy process but you will benefits in the end if the conditions apply to you. Take advantage of the Blackberry trade up program. I suggest applying a getting a quote ASAP; the quote is good for 30 days. Blackberry will give you a $100 pre-paid MasterCard when you trade in you old smart phone and purchase a new Blackberry 7 device.
    1.****** Ensure that your credit card provides you with an extended warranty on purchases you buy
    2.****** Place your order on e-bay and pay for the item using your credit card
    3.****** Register your new device using the blackberry trade up program
    Using these three steps will guarantee you save at least $100 off a new phone, save a few dollars from the bid and you get an extra year of coverage from your credit card. *
    11-30-11 10:33 AM
    This is the best way to buy a new Blackberry. Its quite a lengthy process but you will benefits in the end if the conditions apply to you. Take advantage of the Blackberry trade up program. I suggest applying a getting a quote ASAP; the quote is good for 30 days. Blackberry will give you a $100 pre-paid MasterCard when you trade in you old smart phone and purchase a new Blackberry 7 device.
    1.****** Ensure that your credit card provides you with an extended warranty on purchases you buy
    Using these three steps will guarantee you save at least $100 off a new phone, save a few dollars from the bid and you get an extra year of coverage from your credit card. *
    Yeah, I was looking in to that but the only problem is I'm coming from an android device. To be honest I think this is a pretty silly idea on Blackberry's part. Sure at this time especially they want to keep current blackberry customers but what about the huge amount of people that left for android or IOS. They should extend this program to people with phones besides blackberry or at least offer some incentive for users to switch.
    11-30-11 10:46 AM
    just to be clear, if i would to...

trade up my old bold to blackberry's trade up program
    then receive the pre-paid card
    then use the card on ebay to buy a SEALED bold 9900
    ...what do you mean register the new device with blackberry trade up program? or do you mean just register the device like any other?

thanks, i been meaning to get my hands on the 9900 but with all those problems, i didnt want to take the chance on getting a sealed dud, feel me? lol
    11-30-11 12:31 PM
    just to be clear, if i would to...

trade up my old bold to blackberry's trade up program
    then receive the pre-paid card
    then use the card on ebay to buy a SEALED bold 9900
    ...what do you mean register the new device with blackberry trade up program? or do you mean just register the device like any other?

thanks, i been meaning to get my hands on the 9900 but with all those problems, i didnt want to take the chance on getting a sealed dud, feel me? lol
    To receive the Gift card you need to purchase a new blackberry and show proof of it. They aren't going to just send you a gift card unless they know you spent money on a new Blackberry. You need to enter a voucher code which I would assume be in with the new phone. Also just so you know you may not get a $100 gift card. It is up to a $100. I just did a quick quote and for a 9000 to a 9930 you would get a $65 gift card.
    11-30-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD