My wife has a little store and for complicated reasons it is better to use a cell phone there than a land line. I have a box containing every phone I've ever had and I'm thinking the 9900 might be a good one because no one is going to run up my data with it.

Is this a good choice? Will it even work on AT&T since there is no BIS anymore? Would a Passport be better? I have one of those too.

Basic need it to answer the phone and make calls. Texting a picture occasionally.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android by a recovering Privaholic
    09-26-16 08:48 AM
    Passport would be "easier" to activate and get working.
    09-26-16 08:55 AM
    Dunt, does AT&T still Activate old school BlackBerry phones? The only reason I lean to the 9900 is that I have so many accessories, including a charging dock.

But the passport is probably the ticket. I agree.

09-26-16 09:29 AM
    I thought all the major US networks still had BIS?

Does your store have wifi?

A pod charger might be ideal for a situation like this.
    09-26-16 11:02 AM
    sounds like a feature flip phone might work best really. you only mention the need for occasional pics, calls and sms which a flip phone can handle
    09-26-16 11:11 AM
    Yes, she has wifi. I'd even considered just doing an extension from my VOIP/SIP system.

The startup cost for your wife to have a little store and enjoy herself is higher than you'd think .
    09-26-16 05:47 PM
    Will it even work on AT&T since there is no BIS anymore? Would a Passport be better? I have one of those too.
    If you have wifi at the store, you don't need to worry about the Passport's relatively higher data usage -- but you also don't need to worry about BIS: It's alive, kicking, and free on AT&T in the US.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-26-16 08:53 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up, Dav�d. I was misinformed at the AT&T corporate store. No surprise.

09-27-16 12:48 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up, Dav�d. I was misinformed at the AT&T corporate store. No surprise.
    Oh, yeah -- most of the people you talk to at AT&T will just give you the "huh?" response when asked about BIS; in FACT, when I provisioned my Bold as a second phone and informed AT&T I needed BIS, I was told I couldn't have a BIS phone and a non-BIS phone on the same "Mobile Share" account, which may have been true a few years ago... but now, BIS is free, and after I hung up (wondering what I was gonna do), BIS just started working. On my statement, the Bold is recognized, while the Passport is just "device."

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-27-16 10:12 AM