I recently installed 7.1.267 Leaked version for the 9900 and I must say I am amazed how well this runs. Its so much quicker than the others for me.
    Best of all the battery life is eye popping. I use to have to charge everyday before I went to sleep, now I can get 2 days out of my battery easily.

I am very impressed and use my 9900 quite a bit and have had no real issues, only positive things to say.

Give it a try.
    But I must say the battery life is so noticeable how much longer it lasts.

9900 - 7.1.267 - download link
    9900_7.1.0.267 - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com
    02-20-12 10:33 AM
    totally agree here very solid
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-20-12 10:41 AM
    Wish I could try it. Seems to be out for every device but the 9850.
    02-20-12 10:43 AM
    so far I agree. But a couple of days of business use will be the true test on the battery life.
    02-20-12 10:49 AM
    Very2 responsive. I've been recommending this ver to other bold user. This is how this phone supposed to be. Good one rim
    02-20-12 11:04 AM
    I'm glad you enjoy this leak and glad you have gained a better UX from it. I am now back on the BB scene after being busy with Android/Windows phone.

Expect more in the coming months. I may be working along side BBH Plus (Lyricidal and team) again to provide cleaner, bloatware free releases.

Regards,

ALKi3

Sent from my Playbook.
    02-20-12 11:11 AM
    I am amazingly satisfied with 9900/7.1.0.267 too.
    Have been smiling all the way thru the day after update.

All the 9900 guys should update it now I suggest.

This is getting better and better.

Way to go RIM (Y)
    02-20-12 11:15 AM
    Happy for you. My OS is settling in also. I want my battery life on .190 back lol.
    Today was better than yesterday
    02-20-12 11:20 AM
    7.1.0.267 have some bugs on DLNA system, backlight settings and in some core applications. But those are minor issues and I will post information on all the bugs I found on the .267 thread. I get 1.5%-2.0%/hr battery drain compared to 3.0%-6.0%/hr battery drains on other OS releases.
    02-20-12 11:24 AM
    I had 7.0.0.585 and my battery was garbage. I installed this OS last night, took the phone off charge at about 10am or so, and I must say I am surprised as to how much longer it takes my battery to drain.

I look forward to a cleaner bloatware free release, I can wait for it.

To those who are afraid of installing this OS, I don't know what you're waiting for.
    02-20-12 11:51 AM
    .267 is the best for me too!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't care if another O.S. never came out, I"m good to go with this one.
    02-20-12 12:24 PM
    Is .267 noticeably better than the last leak, .205 ?

If so, how ?

Battery / faster / more features ?
    02-20-12 12:29 PM
    Happy for you. My OS is settling in also. I want my battery life on .190 back lol.
    Today was better than yesterday
    I'm with you on the battery front.

Love the OS but do feel that it is a little heavier on the battery than .190 or .205 after a hard days work. Maybe only down by 5% over what I was used to with .205 but have had battery saver permanently on too.

On idle nothing to choose between .190 .205 and this one.
    02-20-12 12:35 PM
    Is .267 noticeably better than the last leak, .205 ?

If so, how ?

Battery / faster / more features ?
    If you don't mind the trouble of wipeing your phone and installing .267, go for it. However I find the difference between .205 and .267 negligible [regarding battery life].
    Ben1232 likes this.
    02-20-12 12:36 PM
    i'm still on the fence for this new leak.

Can someone tell me if there's an ability to change the keyboard layout?
    02-20-12 12:38 PM
    I'm glad you enjoy this leak and glad you have gained a better UX from it. I am now back on the BB scene after being busy with Android/Windows phone.

Expect more in the coming months. I may be working along side BBH Plus (Lyricidal and team) again to provide cleaner, bloatware free releases.

Regards,

ALKi3

Sent from my Playbook.
    Androids loss is certainly our gain !!! Many thanks for all the leaked OS's last week.

Have you an idea exactly what the Battery Saver does to achieve it's aim ? I have tried having it on all the time and have not noticed any change in the responsiveness of the phone which has suprised me. I sort of expected some sort of reduced functionality once it kicked in.
    02-20-12 12:40 PM
    I'm on my third OS with absolutely no discernible difference in battery life. It's always been great. My phone was on the latest ATT build and started to reboot and shut down, needing a battery pull to restart. Dunno what caused it. So I wiped and loaded 267 and, really people, I can't tell the difference. Same crap Nuance files, same silly compass with free wrist exerciser, same great radio and battery life, and just a a bit of app compatibility pain. But I don't use hotspot or nfc, so I'm going to be a bit jaded.
    02-20-12 12:55 PM
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid. Clear your browsers's cache, restart your browser, and then try again.

If you are still unable to resolve this error, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error and what web browser you were using..
    02-20-12 12:56 PM
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid. Clear your browsers's cache, restart your browser, and then try again.

If you are still unable to resolve this error, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error and what web browser you were using..
    ?????????????
    02-20-12 01:01 PM
    I agree totally: it is the best of them all. The battery life has improved considerably.
    The only sore thing is that I am with the enemy (AT&T) and still cannot use the hotspot.
    02-20-12 01:08 PM
    Are you kidding me? That's awesome.

I installed it since it leaked and it's CRAP for me. After battery pulls, full charges, AND NOT TO MENTION RUNNING IT ON BATTERY SAVE MODE, it died after 9 hours. 9. And it was idle for about 7 of those 9 hours since I was at work and couldn't go on it. I don't get how you guys have awesome battery life while I don't have anything installed that sucks up my battery life (Twitter, but I set it to refresh every hour). It really sucks.

Not to mention that I wiped my device THEN installed the OS. If anything the battery is much worse than .205 for me. Good god, this blows. I don't drive, so how the heck am I supposed to charge this piece of garbage on the go? Even when I don't listen to music and turn off the radio when I'm on the subway underground so it doesn't exhaust itself searching for a signal, I still get 8-10hrs MAX (on minimal to rarely moderate use). I don't have Facebook, I don't browse for fear of the battery dying, and I even set my profile to a low sound setting.

It's also my second battery and it really improved from my old battery, but it sucks that I'm doing everything at its minimum most of the time, and can't reap the benefits. It blows. I can't even return this now.
    Last edited by louboutins; 02-20-12 at 01:27 PM.
    02-20-12 01:21 PM
    Are you kidding me? That's awesome.

I installed it since it leaked and it's CRAP for me. After battery pulls, full charges, AND NOT TO MENTION RUNNING IT ON BATTERY SAVE MODE, it died after 9 hours. 9. And it was idle for about 7 of those 9 hours since I was at work and couldn't go on it. I don't get how you guys have awesome battery life while I don't have anything installed that sucks up my battery life (Twitter, but I set it to refresh every hour). It really sucks.

Not to mention that I wiped my device THEN installed the OS. If anything the battery is much worse than .205 for me. Good god, this blows. I don't drive, so how the heck am I supposed to charge this piece of garbage on the go? Even when I don't listen to music and turn off the radio when I'm on the subway underground so it doesn't exhaust itself searching for a signal, I still get 8-10hrs MAX (on minimal to rarely moderate use). I don't have Facebook, I don't browse for fear of the battery dying, and I even set my profile to a low sound setting.

It's also my second battery and it really improved from my old battery, but it sucks that I'm doing everything at its minimum most of the time, and can't reap the benefits. It blows. I can't even return this now.
    Maybe a good wipe and reinstall? 9 out of 10 great battery comments (mine has improved dramatically too) would tell me that something is out of whack. What about the basics: apps running, back light, etc.? I tend to use few apps and set all "refresh" settings to "never".
    02-20-12 01:38 PM
    I just installed this loader on my cpu. now where can i find it. it successfully installed and i cant find it to open it.
    02-20-12 01:43 PM
    I just installed this loader on my cpu. now where can i find it. it successfully installed and i cant find it to open it.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
    02-20-12 01:49 PM
    I'll pile on and say this leak is amazing. I did shrink it down to nothing and with no apps installed, 231mb free. Battery drain while idle, a miserly 0.84%...amazing.
    02-20-12 02:00 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD