From my experience, NO and the best one for me is 7.1.0.267. No matter what I do, I can't get it to drop bellow 30% in a day. I wanted to calibrate my battery meter so I even put it on Internet radio for over an hour to drain the battery plus DLNA. Nope, I end up with 40% from 6 AM to 11 PM then I gave up.

I guess I am one of those few lucky ones with no battery issues.
    its the best one for you but you say NO. why?
    02-27-12 08:15 AM
    i am loading it
    02-27-12 08:18 AM
    I don't know whether this will work or not. But try disabling connectivity permission for most unused apps.. coz most battery drain is somewhat realated to mobile comm
    02-27-12 08:56 AM
    I've had .267 for a few days now and don't see any improvements over .205.

Maybe the battery life is that much better however I haven't had any problems with any os's.
    02-27-12 09:28 AM
    When dowloading a leaked version, do you have issues with Norton thinking the file is a virus and deleting it? This happens and I get scared off. TIA.
    I would have issues with Norton Security 2010 with it but then after following a CB user's advice of turning off the Anti-virus and spyware, and everything for like an hour then installing the leak version, it works. Don't be scared. There's no virus.
    02-27-12 09:52 AM
    hey guys, i just want to ask

i've been upgrading my BB everytime a new release comes out, but i never wipe the phone or leave it on 507 error, i've had no problems really but am i doing it wrong?, is it neccessary to wipe the phone?

thx
    02-27-12 01:48 PM
    It is so fast, one can with just one swipe move the calendar a full year. Incredible how the screen "rolls".
    02-27-12 01:53 PM

i've been upgrading my BB everytime a new release comes out, but i never wipe the phone or leave it on 507 error, i've had no problems really but am i doing it wrong?, is it neccessary to wipe the phone?

thx

Why would you think you were doing it wrong if you haven't had any problems?

I don't find it necessary to wipe before installing a new OS but several people recommend it.
    I don't do a wipe before and I've never had an problems myself.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-27-12 02:09 PM

I don't find it necessary to wipe before installing a new OS but several people recommend it.
    no, because i tought maybe there are some files that need to be removed before installing the new OS

but i guess it's all good then...
    02-27-12 02:19 PM
    First off... yes this is the best OS I have used. At first it was great then I installed a few apps that destroyed my battery. I uninstalled them and I'm right back to 1-2% discharge rate. This is an example of user error for all of you that have battery complaints, check your apps and monitor the usage in application management.

I didn't jump on this OS to improve my battery life. But so far I'm experiencing better battery life compared to .163.

One thing I noticed is when your battery hits the battery saving mode level, mobile hotspot cuts out. Doing what it is supposed to do.

Is the full wipe better, do you restore from a backup after to get contacts and apps back?
    pcgizmo is right so pay attention to him when it come to wiping the phone.
    Waste of time just load the OS with app loader. I only put in my 2 cents because
    this poster is correct and I appreciate people that know what there talking about.
    Excatly... wiping is for current OS problems. Not when you're upgrading or downgrading.

My battery life is always crap. That's because I hammer it.
    Same here... my battery will last forever. When I drop the hammer... I can drain it dry.

I've never wipe prior to upgrading either. Only when having issues with current OS.
    02-27-12 02:24 PM

thx
    nope, you're just duplicating efforts
    02-28-12 01:56 PM
    Why would you wipe the OS to install 267? 30 minutes of install time is too much trouble?

FALSE, try again!
    Can u explain if that's what we need to do or not? I've never wiped my phone before a new OS load but now I'm a bit sceptical reading the suggestion to wipe it. I find it a bit of a hassle. To wipe or not to wipe !
    02-29-12 02:46 AM
    Can u explain if that's what we need to do or not? I've never wiped my phone before a new OS load but now I'm a bit sceptical reading the suggestion to wipe it. I find it a bit of a hassle. To wipe or not to wipe !
    You can skip the BBSAK/BBH Tools "wipe device" if you're upgrading to 267.

Download and install the 7.1.0.267 OS on your PC
    Delete both vendor.xml files
    Browse to and launch loader.exe (64 bit OS C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/ or 32 bit OS C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/)
    Follow the prompts to load 267 on your device
    02-29-12 07:10 AM
    You can skip the BBSAK/BBH Tools "wipe device" if you're upgrading to 267.

Download and install the 7.1.0.267 OS on your PC
    Delete both vendor.xml files
    Browse to and launch loader.exe (64 bit OS C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/ or 32 bit OS C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/)
    Follow the prompts to load 267 on your device
    "Both" vendor files? I only found one and have had no problems with the new os.
    02-29-12 07:14 AM
    "Both" vendor files? I only found one and have had no problems with the new os.
    I didn't have to delete either of them to get it to install. Sometimes leaks won't install unless they're deleted.

I thought about putting a "may not be necessary" disclaimer on that step, but decided it can't hurt to just delete them.

Search the forums, there are plenty of threads on the locations of the two vendor.xml files.
    02-29-12 07:33 AM
    I didn't have to delete either of them to get it to install. Sometimes leaks won't install unless they're deleted.

I thought about putting a "may not be necessary" disclaimer on that step, but decided it can't hurt to just delete them.

Search the forums, there are plenty of threads on the locations of the two vendor.xml files.
    Doesn't it depend on if it's from your own carrier or not? I thought vendor files were carrier specific?
    02-29-12 07:51 AM
    Vendor files are carrier specific. Since leaks don't have carrier specific vendor files, you may or may not need to delete them. I loaded 267 on my VZW 9930 without deleting either vendor.xml.
    02-29-12 08:03 AM
    Wiping your BB before upgrading the OS is a complete waste of time and effort unless you've got some serious issues with your current OS that can be resolved by a complete refresh of your BB.
    02-29-12 10:18 AM
    Wiping your BB before upgrading the OS is a complete waste of time and effort unless you've got some serious issues with your current OS that can be resolved by a complete refresh of your BB.
    Actually is not... i don't know if it has anything to do with it, but as you can see from my previous posts i've been installing official and leaked OS without wiping the device first.. i've not had any issues whatsoever with my BB except for the battery life.... ok so i did the same thing with this version just a few days ago, and battery life got worse..

so yesterday i made a full backup of the thing, wiped and nuked it, and then re installed the OS, restored the backup, i opend all the applications i've been using before and went to sleep, voila!, Battery life is better than it has ever been... i know is only the first day but you can see the effects immediately.... it's been almost 12 hours since i last charged it and it's in 80%, something i've never experienced before with any OS.

so my advice, regardless of having issues or not, wipe it!

thi really is the best OS yet!
    02-29-12 11:40 AM
    Actually is not... i don't know if it has anything to do with it, but as you can see from my previous posts i've been installing official and leaked OS without wiping the device first.. i've not had any issues whatsoever with my BB except for the battery life.... ok so i did the same thing with this version just a few days ago, and battery life got worse..

so yesterday i made a full backup of the thing, wiped and nuked it, and then re installed the OS, restored the backup, i opend all the applications i've been using before and went to sleep, voila!, Battery life is better than it has ever been... i know is only the first day but you can see the effects immediately.... it's been almost 12 hours since i last charged it and it's in 80%, something i've never experienced before with any OS.

so my advice, regardless of having issues or not, wipe it!

thi really is the best OS yet!
    Actually it is, but I remember being a newb too and thinking I had to wipe the device first.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-29-12 at 11:45 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-29-12 11:42 AM
    Actually it is, but I remember being a newb too and thinking I had to wipe the device first.
    I usually wipes three times for good luck...
    02-29-12 12:26 PM
    While standing on one leg and chanting berry forever ???
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-29-12 12:29 PM
    While standing on one leg and chanting berry forever ???
    Of course... Berry or DIE!
    02-29-12 12:36 PM
    The real question is: do you wipe front-to-back or back-to-front?
    03-05-12 10:46 AM
    You guys are funny!!

As for wiping the device, it is also a good idea not to do a full restored. I would normally restored my address book, tasks, memos, and my sound settings. That way, less chance of any corrupted data file that will get restored again.. It is a pain in the but_t to install all the apps and do the settings, but it is worth while to have a peace of mind that the battery will not get screwy with high discharged rate.. just my 2 cents.
    03-05-12 10:57 AM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD