I just installed the .267 and I am not sure what the deal is with my phone but after having my phone off of charge for 5 hours the battery life is down to 53%. I am looking at the discharge rate and it is roughly 5.7% an hour. I didn't do a clean install but rather installed this over another OS...what could be causing the battery life to drain so quickly.
    Last edited by ncik88; 02-21-12 at 02:54 PM.
    02-21-12 02:47 PM
    I just installed the .267 and I am not sure what the deal is with my phone but after having my phone off of charge for 5 hours the battery life is down to 53%. I am looking at the discharge rate and it is roughly 5.7% an hour. I didn't do a clean install but rather installed this over another OS...what could be causing the battery life to drain so quickly.
    Apploader wipes the old OS and then installs the new one. You're not really upgrading over an old one. What apps do you have running? How many apps do you have running?
    Betmen likes this.
    02-21-12 02:55 PM
    I upgraded to .267 and I'm very happy. This was worth the update, and the fact that I could do it before Sprint had an oppurtunity to make me wait 9 months, makes me that much happier.
    02-21-12 02:59 PM
    battery life is facking awful
    02-21-12 03:37 PM
    battery life is facking awful
    For you maybe
    02-21-12 03:51 PM
    Apploader wipes the old OS and then installs the new one. You're not really upgrading over an old one. What apps do you have running? How many apps do you have running?
    I have the usual facebook and twitter apps set for "never update" outside of those two apps I have shazam, vlingo, tiny meter, quick pull, wikitude,google maps, and google voice. Blackberry protect and blackberry music is also running in the background.
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    When dowloading a leaked version, do you have issues with Norton thinking the file is a virus and deleting it? This happens and I get scared off. TIA.
    02-21-12 04:46 PM
    I have the usual facebook and twitter apps set for "never update" outside of those two apps I have shazam, vlingo, tiny meter, quick pull, wikitude,google maps, and google voice. Blackberry protect and blackberry music is also running in the background.
    I thought I read somewhere that GMaps kills battery life. I'd say 5.7% per hour with those apps loaded isn't bad. Did you restore all the databases from your backup? You could try reloading the OS and doing a selective restore on databases like adress book, calendar, BBM contacts, and see if it improves.
    02-21-12 04:49 PM
    When dowloading a leaked version, do you have issues with Norton thinking the file is a virus and deleting it? This happens and I get scared off. TIA.
    Downloading a leaked verision isn't any different than downloading an official.
    02-21-12 04:50 PM
    In some regards,I'm kind of sad about some of the changes that will be coming with BB10 to the present UI. I think widgets for example are for toy phones and take up such resources and screen space for what? I like the "drawer" too. Compared to my experiences in OS 5 and 6, OS 7 is by far the smoothest and most pleasant BB experience to date, although the 1.2ghz chip probably helps alot too
    02-21-12 05:28 PM
    For whatever reason it took a couple days before my battery life to significantly change after the os 7.1 install. After that it worked perfectly
    02-21-12 05:33 PM
    yes you are right boss, i have loaded it yesterday, and i noticed today my battery is at 50% after 10 hours. and i used it alot for testing and bbm and phone calls here and their that added up to 40min. hopefully it gets better from here. the only thing i noticed was coverage. bbm and text messages take a little longer to send .
    02-21-12 05:40 PM
    Norton shouldn't have never tried to make an antivirus for Windows it simply doesnt work. Microsoft Security Essential is the best free original, light designed, efficent solution for Windows Machines
    BearSnout likes this.
    02-21-12 05:55 PM
    i just did a full wipe with BBsak, and loaded 267 with the loader. now i dont see the battery saving option on my phone. what happened?
    02-21-12 06:34 PM
    second that i got it. i just did a fulle wipe. hopefully by battery will be even better now. after evertyone telling me do a full wipe.
    02-21-12 06:45 PM
    Is the full wipe better, do you restore from a backup after to get contacts and apps back?
    02-22-12 10:20 PM
    pcgizmo is right so pay attention to him when it come to wiping the phone.
    Waste of time just load the OS with app loader. I only put in my 2 cents because
    this poster is correct and I appreciate people that know what there talking about.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-23-12 12:27 AM
    I have to agree. I had a problem loading up with app loader but running dm right after the install did the install trick. I went from 440 (att) to this and wow battery life has easily doubled for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 12:36 AM
    I'm impressed with the battery life. After a full day my battery life is at 60%! Even with 7.0 it would be around 20-40% after a day. Device analyzer shows a drain rate of 2.06% per hour. I used to get 3-5%. Hoping this continues.
    02-27-12 05:32 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    when will Rogers release this for bold 9900?....
    02-27-12 06:26 AM
    how is the wifi hotspot with this version? working good for everyone?
    02-27-12 06:32 AM
    its the best one? i use 7.1.0.190 now. i want to try this one. should i? yes or no?
    02-27-12 07:00 AM
    its the best one? i use 7.1.0.190 now. i want to try this one. should i? yes or no?
    It's up to you to decide.

how is the wifi hotspot with this version? working good for everyone?
    Works fine for me.
    02-27-12 07:04 AM
    My battery life is always crap. That's because I hammer it.
    02-27-12 07:05 AM
    From my experience, NO and the best one for me is 7.1.0.267. No matter what I do, I can't get it to drop bellow 30% in a day. I wanted to calibrate my battery meter so I even put it on Internet radio for over an hour to drain the battery plus DLNA. Nope, I end up with 40% from 6 AM to 11 PM then I gave up.

I guess I am one of those few lucky ones with no battery issues.
    02-27-12 08:13 AM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD