Aside from the bugs, I am satisfied!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 02:33 PM
    I recently installed 7.1.267 Leaked version for the 9900 and I must say I am amazed how well this runs. Its so much quicker than the others for me.
    Best of all the battery life is eye popping. I use to have to charge everyday before I went to sleep, now I can get 2 days out of my battery easily.

I am very impressed and use my 9900 quite a bit and have had no real issues, only positive things to say.

Give it a try.
    But I must say the battery life is so noticeable how much longer it lasts.

9900 - 7.1.267 - download link
    9900_7.1.0.267 - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com
    Seen lots of posts like this.
    02-20-12 02:47 PM
    Maybe a good wipe and reinstall? 9 out of 10 great battery comments (mine has improved dramatically too) would tell me that something is out of whack. What about the basics: apps running, back light, etc.? I tend to use few apps and set all "refresh" settings to "never".
    Thanks for the reply. But with the wiping: again? But I already wiped it. This is my fourth Blackberry device. I always have the default 5 running, backlight at the lowest setting. Trust me, I've got more than the basics covered.
    02-20-12 02:50 PM
    Can this leak be used on 9930 for VZW (CDMA)? Is this a GSM OS ?
    02-20-12 03:10 PM
    Have I lost my apps that I had. Like shazam encore the free version from blackberry as a gift is no longer on my device, or even in my world on the app world. Pls tell me if there is a way for me to get it back.
    02-20-12 03:13 PM
    Can this leak be used on 9930 for VZW (CDMA)? Is this a GSM OS ?

There is a leak for the 9930 thts the same build. Here's a link. http://jumbofiles.com/nfqbg0z1riud

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 03:39 PM
    after reading this thread i decided to go to .267! Been using .205 i believe. Excited for all these new updates!
    dtango likes this.
    02-20-12 04:47 PM
    I as well have been enjoying .267 and no issues but I can't seem to get the new DLNA option to work on my Samsung SmartTV .. Sees my music and photos on my 9900 but kicks back "not supported file format" and my xBox 360 simply does not see my 9900 in DLNA .. Anyone have DLNA success?
    02-20-12 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply. But with the wiping: again? But I already wiped it. This is my fourth Blackberry device. I always have the default 5 running, backlight at the lowest setting. Trust me, I've got more than the basics covered.
    One thing to check is to make sure to turn off the new file sharing option in "media options" as it broadcasts over wifi constantly and just brutalizes my battery when on.
    02-20-12 05:05 PM
    bermont can you please advise where to go to turn it off, cant seem to find it
    02-20-12 06:02 PM
    One thing to check is to make sure to turn off the new file sharing option in "media options" as it broadcasts over wifi constantly and just brutalizes my battery when on.
    My File Sharing is always off and I don't turn on my Wifi. Hmm. Wonder why my phone battery is complete crud -_-
    02-20-12 06:26 PM
    bermont can you please advise where to go to turn it off, cant seem to find it
    You can go to your music files folder, hit Options and scroll to the very bottom
    02-20-12 06:27 PM
    My File Sharing is always off and I don't turn on my Wifi. Hmm. Wonder why my phone battery is complete crud -_-
    Maybe it's the device itself, or the battery manufacturer didn't do a good job. Remember, it's made in two separate countries.
    02-20-12 06:40 PM
    @louboutins I couldn't call my blackberry "garbage". If you would appreciate or just mail it in for a replacement, it might help, if the battery doesn't work right, maybe the japan gold one.
    02-20-12 06:42 PM
    Really improving battery life? Should I try it?
    02-20-12 07:08 PM
    after reading this thread i decided to go to .267! Been using .205 i believe. Excited for all these new updates!
    I was from .205 as well, the difference in responsiveness is night and day.
    02-20-12 07:57 PM
    @louboutins I couldn't call my blackberry "garbage". If you would appreciate or just mail it in for a replacement, it might help, if the battery doesn't work right, maybe the japan gold one.
    I'm calling mine garbage. I love Blackberry, but this one is just giving me a lot of trouble. This is my second battery. It's an improvement from the last one (died while being idle for 5 hours) but it's still bugging me since I'm not a heavy user as I used to be on my 9700. Geez, it's so tedious to mail it to RIM in the hopes that they'll do anything. I'll be phoneless for a long time, and I think it will cost me more in the long run.

I charged it for the nth time that day around 3am and then went to sleep. Turned it on at about 8:44am. Minimal BBM use, got e-mails here and there, I was on Twitter for a while. No browsing. Just downloaded the Bridge App update and played with the Remote Control, so Bluetooth was on. Oh, a 7-second call from my mother to open the door for her.

I have no clue how my friend gets 20hrs on this thing.

At 30% now
    Last edited by louboutins; 02-20-12 at 08:30 PM.
    02-20-12 08:18 PM
    I started reading this thread earlier and decided to download this OS. When I get home from work tonight, I'll install it.

I weeded out some of the extra stuff like voice activated dialing and what not also.

Hopefully I'll see the same results as you guys.
    02-20-12 09:23 PM
    i got my bold 9900 two days ago, previously had a 9700. i uploaded this new 7.1 version to my phone . dont see any improvement in battery . previously running 508 when purchased my phone. looking to maybe buy a bigger battery off ebay or something .
    02-20-12 09:41 PM
    Um... the battery life on these is fine. Have you done a wipe on the phone with BBSAK or similar? If it's not a crap OS load you might have a bad device.
    02-20-12 10:06 PM
    Don't now bbsak is, I just downloaded this update and installed it on my phone. Previously has 508.
    02-20-12 10:17 PM
    Before you install any OS you have to clean out your device, usually with a factory reset and after that wipe the entire device, for a fresh install of the new OS and clean propertly logs and cache.

Use BBsak or JL_Cmder for this.

My new Bold 9900 is coming at home the thursday, cant wait for it.
    I already downloaded .205 and .267, i'll start with .267 :P
    So im hoping this OS dont disappoint.
    02-20-12 10:44 PM
    Don't now bbsak is, I just downloaded this update and installed it on my phone. Previously has 508.
    Google it. and do a search on "OS install tutorial" on the forum.
    02-20-12 10:55 PM
    I installed this build without a full device wipe at first and got 7 hours of battery life. And the phone was almost idle. Second time around i did a full device wipe and voila! Its around 1% drain when idle. It has never been this low! Loving this build, very snappy and responsive as well.
    02-21-12 02:08 PM
    If you don't mind the trouble of wipeing your phone and installing .267, go for it. However I find the difference between .205 and .267 negligible [regarding battery life].
    Why would you wipe the OS to install 267? 30 minutes of install time is too much trouble?

Before you install any OS you have to clean out your device, usually with a factory reset and after that wipe the entire device, for a fresh install of the new OS and clean propertly logs and cache.

Use BBsak or JL_Cmder for this.

My new Bold 9900 is coming at home the thursday, cant wait for it.
    I already downloaded .205 and .267, i'll start with .267 :P
    So im hoping this OS dont disappoint.
    FALSE, try again!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-21-12 at 02:22 PM.
    02-21-12 02:11 PM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD