Hello all!
    Sooooo I dug my old blackberry out (9900) because I miss having one so much and no longer care about apps or that it isn't "popular" (guess I'm just getting old). Long story short my best friend no longer has a cell (bills can suck ya know) so the only way we communicate is through FB messenger. On this BB it takes forever for me to receive a message and it doesn't notify me at all. (maybe there's something wrong with the app or phone?)

Anyway here is my question.... is there another app I can use that she can use from her computer?
    07-16-16 09:34 PM
    Hello all!
    Sooooo I dug my old blackberry out (9900) because I miss having one so much and no longer care about apps or that it isn't "popular" (guess I'm just getting old). Long story short my best friend no longer has a cell (bills can suck ya know) so the only way we communicate is through FB messenger. On this BB it takes forever for me to receive a message and it doesn't notify me at all. (maybe there's something wrong with the app or phone?)

Anyway here is my question.... is there another app I can use that she can use from her computer?
    If either Line messenger or WeChat still work, both have apps for the Bold and the PC. I haven't used either myself, and I'd be interested to hear back if one of them works for you.
    07-18-16 08:00 AM
    There was also an old app called Google Talk that worked well on legacy devices. On the computer, it was built into your Gmail account. I don't use it anymore but I assume that it has become Google Hangouts eventually, though the original app may still work just fine. I was chatting with m brother a while ago on it when he lost his phone. Worked fine from BB10 and it was pretty much the identical app from BBOS7
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    07-18-16 08:24 AM