I went to a Best Buy after calling them and they said they will take pre-orders and just did one. When I got there the manager told me they just got a memo indicating they are not allowed to do pre-orders. He read part of the memo to me and said they are expecting the Roger's 9900 on August 13th.
    I went to another Best Buy and they did the pre-order for me. As I was walking out the store and I told the manager other Best Buy's got a memo instructing them not to do pre-orders. He said they never got the memo and told me to run out of the store. LOL. Anyways, I can't say the location now because I don't want to get them in trouble. I guess I'll find out if my pre-order will be void or not. Seems like this memo has been hitting all the Best Buy locations today to not take pre-orders anymore. This is so frustrating. I just want Rogers to announce the damn release date already!
    I can confirm this... RIM stop issuing tickets for BestBuy. I cannot even get in to employee system to place a pre-order.
    08-07-11 09:43 AM
    deRusett,

It opened on Friday, Aug 5th according to the Best Buy Mobile Manager. They do their official opening in a couple of weeks he said.
    Last edited by wolfpacal; 08-07-11 at 10:06 AM.
    08-07-11 10:03 AM
    I can confirm this... RIM stop issuing tickets for BestBuy. I cannot even get in to employee system to place a pre-order.
    Wonder why???
    08-07-11 10:06 AM
    Wonder why???
    I have no idea. I hope RIM won't delay the release to Sept or something....
    08-07-11 11:00 AM
    I'm getting flashbacks of the Torch launch last year...
    08-07-11 11:14 AM
    Ha ha! So am I. I have a feeling this will not go over well. That being said, I don't think I would recommend pre-ordering.When I wanted the Torch, I simply went around to the stores (Bell, Rogers, Telus corporate stores and then Best Buy and Future Shop) until I found the Torch at Future Shop. I didn't need to pre-order to get it. In fact, if I had pre-ordered I wouldn't have gotten it so quickly.
    08-07-11 07:03 PM
    got my preorder yesterday @12:43pm, if anything you can always refund the deposit, i'm calling a couple days ahead and picking it up first thing in the morning, if i cant get it, just heading to a rogers store
    08-07-11 07:11 PM
    What happened during the Torch release?
    08-07-11 10:15 PM
    What happened during the Torch release?
    In canada the release date kept getting pushed back, I think it was twice they set a release date

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 11:39 PM
    In canada the release date kept getting pushed back, I think it was twice they set a release date

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

With Rogers, they also ran out of stock in a week and it took them awhile to get more in. It was a disaster release.
    08-07-11 11:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD