11-13-11 02:40 PM
36 12
tools
    I wish there was an iPod touch with a mobile radio in it. I'd get that in a second. I love the $20 1GB plan on my iPad 2 with Verizon. It's plenty for the occasional use outside of wifi. I just don't like carrying the iPad around because it's huge. Another thing I'd love is a 7" iPad.

Right now I'm rocking a Curve 3G and a 32GB iPad 2 with Verizon.

Joe
    10-29-11 07:42 AM
    I just spent a month in Germany and my 9900 and my 4G iPod Touch were a great combination. I got a 35euro prepaid month of 200mb BIS from Vodafone (that much roaming data with Rogers, with a travel pack, would have cost hundreds) which took care of all my H+ needs like 4sq checkins, posting pics to facebook, and using the excellent BB WordPress app combined with the peerless 9900 keyboard to compose blog posts. I have tried blogging with my iPod and it's impossible- I can't write a paragraph on even the best virtual keyboards but with the 9900 I can literally type for hours. But the iPod had its vital roles too: entertainment and maybe more important is that that wonderful Vodafone plan affords only European talk time- calls back to Canada were even more expensive than on a NON-travel pack Rogers charge of 2euros a minute so I accidentally blew through every second of my 10euro voice allowance just leaving a voicemail to my partner back home in Calgary. Solution? Skype on the iPod. I have an unlimited North American plan on Skype that costs me $2.99/mo for any calls to NA numbers from anywhere in the world so I used it at my hotels over wifi.

I know it would be more efficient to carry just an iPhone but for what I use my smartphone for, which is almost all text-based uses (facebook, writing urbanspoon reviews-- and btw urbanspoon does work on the 9900, it's just a weird screen size but only on the "spin" and splash screens, everything else works like it does on the 9780- blogging and other writing), any full touch phone would be horrible for me.
    10-29-11 10:44 AM
    If rim would join us in the year 2011 and give us hotspot on our 9900/9930s then 9900+iPod would be the ultimate combo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kb2755 likes this.
    10-29-11 11:03 AM
    UPDATE: Last Thursday I bought a ipod touch 4th gen and have been using it it all weekend. I have already downloaded Netflix, SiriusXM, Slacker and Pandora to use on my wifi. I play accoustic guitar, and found a great guitar tuner app in the app store. Today I am downloading the entire Beatles Albums from Please, Please Me to Let It Be and also throwing in Past Masters, Vol. 1-2 and best of the three Anthology CD's. I love having a communication device like the Bold 9930 (like Kevin said, "THE BEST BB EVER!) and a media device like the ipod touch 4th gen.
    11-13-11 06:31 AM
    for me bb with iPad is the way to go. unless they create an iPod with a mobile radio like quake97 said but then that would make the iPhone a moo point. lol.
    11-13-11 07:05 AM
    I also have a 9900 and a 4th gen white iPod touch. Being in Waterloo, I only know a handful of iPhone users so iMessage isn't really used, but I love having access to all the apps and the media experience.
    11-13-11 10:04 AM
    I have a 9900 and the White iPod touch 4th Gen.
    i plan on doing the same combo. i have had my 9900 for about 4 weeks now, and i like using it for music. but i dont like always using the phone for music, and itunes is such a nice system. i havent even looked at the music store on either my phone or playbook, and i dont want to assign a credit card to another store(paranoid about privacy), and my mom and younger sister both have ipad 2s, and my older sister is getting a 4th gen touch in black. it would be nice to facetime with them, with me going to spain in april 2012, my younger sister going to europe in april 2013, and my older sister in university and perhaps going to europe in summer 2012. we arent planning on using imessage, because my mom, older sister, and i all have blackberrys to bbm on
    11-13-11 12:36 PM
    I wish I had that combo right now. I have a 9900 and an iPad 2. Close enough?
    11-13-11 12:45 PM
    Carry a VZW 9930 for anywhere voice coverage & ATT iP4 for its mutimedia capabilities. Touch is OK if you have wifi but when you're out on the street.......iphone obviously better.

11-13-11 01:13 PM
    Carry a VZW 9930 for anywhere voice coverage & ATT iP4 for its mutimedia capabilities. Touch is OK if you have wifi but when you're out on the street.......iphone obviously better.

i must admit, the iphone is a great phone. one of my favorite features is the wifi hotspot, and that would he such a great feature for me to use. bridge on my pb is ok, but its buggy. if blackberry decides to put the wifi hotspot in an update, i would be so happy. the wifi hotspot would be such a nice feature
    11-13-11 01:55 PM
    I just got into the exact same set up...sent my iphone 4S back to apple after a week (wasn't worth the money once I'd checked into the bold 9900 and itouch 4 prices). I'm loving the convenience of both with this combo...have my apps, music, media all on one handy device and do all of my day to day with my bold. Totally happy I made this choice over keeping just the one device that was honestly going to be very underutilized for my needs.
    11-13-11 02:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD