I have a Sprint Bold 9930 and loving it, however I've been thinking about getting an ipod Touch 4th Gen to balance out the media that it offers that the Bold 9930 doesn't. My daughter just got the new Sprint iphone 4S, and I'd love to video chat with her also. The ipod 4th Gen Touch has ios5, and most everything the iphone 4S does (except Siri and a better camera and of course calling) My question is, does anyone else have a Bold 9930 AND a 4th gen ipod touch? and do you like it?
    10-27-11 06:43 AM
    I have a 9900 and the White iPod touch 4th Gen. I definitely enjoy both. But, to be honest I commute a lot and I'm starting to wonder if having one device is simper. If it weren't for the fantastic keyboard on the 9900 I would just go with the 4S. I've been a BlackBerry user for 4 years but I'm starting to get a bit tired of glitches and issues that take ages to get resolved. Anyway, my point is get one and try it out. It's a great combo but don't be surprised if it makes you feel like having 1 device might be simpler
    totallygone likes this.
    10-27-11 08:39 AM
    It's a good combo - you don't miss out on the media abilities, games and apps that iOS has, and you still have the keyboard and messaging capabilities of the 9930.

The touch is small enough that you can slip it into a pocket without thinking too much about it. I don't mind carrying a 2nd device on me - my 9900 probably wouldn't make it through the day if I was using it for media and games as well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-27-11 08:57 AM
    I have a Sprint Bold 9930 and loving it, however I've been thinking about getting an ipod Touch 4th Gen to balance out the media that it offers that the Bold 9930 doesn't. My daughter just got the new Sprint iphone 4S, and I'd love to video chat with her also. The ipod 4th Gen Touch has ios5, and most everything the iphone 4S does (except Siri and a better camera and of course calling) My question is, does anyone else have a Bold 9930 AND a 4th gen ipod touch? and do you like it?
    i tried this...when i got iphone 4s on sprint. i also had a 9930. ive had blackberrrys for over 4 years. i figured i could carry an iphone and 9930. guess what? bad idea. i sold my 9930 last week. closed out that line and now i just carry and prefer my iphone. i do miss some things about the 9930...but ill survive. i still take a look at blackberry and see what they will offer in 2012 when new BBX comes out. in any case if i get bored of the iphone i can always sell it..buy a used in mint conditions 9930 and still have money left over. iphone has very good resale value new or used
    10-27-11 10:08 AM
    I have a 9900 and the White iPod touch 4th Gen. I definitely enjoy both. But, to be honest I commute a lot and I'm starting to wonder if having one device is simper. If it weren't for the fantastic keyboard on the 9900 I would just go with the 4S. I've been a BlackBerry user for 4 years but I'm starting to get a bit tired of glitches and issues that take ages to get resolved. Anyway, my point is get one and try it out. It's a great combo but don't be surprised if it makes you feel like having 1 device might be simpler
    I've been carrying my 9780 and iPT together as well. Even better, I've "bridged" the iPT to my BB so I can use data on it.
    10-27-11 10:16 AM
    This is my set up exactly...plus an iPad3G .

Love using my iPod for games/apps and having the new iOS5 on my ipod touch allows me to iMessage my iPhone friends (and I'm in college, so I have wifi basically everywhere on campus). But the Blackberry is still my main use for communication. OS7 is nice and the really important apps are there for me on my BB and the keyboard is amazing.

I actually have music and pictures on my 9930, but my whole library is on my computer and my iPod.

OS5 and the iCloud sync with my MBP and iPad is amazing (and I love the 3G on my iPad). At times I wish my BB would sync with the others via iCloud, but you really do have the best of all worlds!
    10-27-11 10:26 AM
    I've been carrying my 9780 and iPT together as well. Even better, I've "bridged" the iPT to my BB so I can use data on it.
    How did you bridge them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 10:32 AM
    I'm a huge music fan & have always loved iPods. For me they just handle media better than any other device. I can't stand the way iPhones handle messaging so I stick with a BlackBerry for my phone & carry an iPod for my music/video/games.

Currently it's a 9930 & an iPod Touch 4G. For me it works perfectly & I have no issues dragging two devices with me wherever I go. All I need is for Apple to make an iPod Touch with at least 128 gigs. 256 would be better.
    10-27-11 10:47 AM
    I have both the Blackberry Bold 9900 for work and iphone 4 for personal use. Although I wont mind having one device alone, I dont like the idea of taking work calls when I am on holidays or so. It would irritate me. So I carry two devices and benefit from the best of both worlds.
    10-27-11 11:34 AM
    It's better to just have it as one device. I have been using a blackberry since 08-09 but once sprint got the iPhone I got it, but I'm not going to lie I'm missing the keyboard. But the iPhone makes doing everything pretty easy, you'll love it
    10-27-11 11:55 AM
    I also carry 2 devices 9900 for bussiness, iphone 4s for personal
    But if you don't need 2 phone numbers , I suggest u get ipad instead
    Its better for multimedia.

superdx likes this.
    10-27-11 03:45 PM
    How did you bridge them?

I want the answer to that question as well....

as for the thread topic...i think an iphone 4 on the cheap is the better deal over an ipod touch 4th gen, might as well go for the better camera if that matters to you. otherwise a bridged/tethered ipod touch will serve you extremely well...

if only the darned PB had skype, then the obvious choice would the PB IMO. My parents are both iphone users and since I use macs for work i can usually facetime them anytime i feel like on my laptop.
    10-27-11 04:18 PM
    I think what he meant is that on iphone/ipod touch or ipad you can activate the "hotspot" feature
    So that your blackberrie or other devices can connect to the internet through wifi usingthe iphone/ipod/ipad data connection

10-27-11 04:25 PM
    Please post the directions on how to bridge BB to iPod touch. Thanks!!!
    10-27-11 10:32 PM
    I currently have the Sprint 9930 and Ipad 2 32G. IMO this is the best combination for my lifestyle. The blackberry allows me to have a real keyboard when I need to communicate which is very high on my priorty list. I used to have a HTC 4G EVO and touch screen typing was not working for me at all after 8 months.

The BB is a major upgrade over the 9650 but still laggy when push comes to shove. I sometimes think about switching to the Iphone4S but then it brings me back to not having a physical keyboard. At the end of the day its what matters the most. Also I have started using Pandora along with the Sprint navigation the phone is essential to getting thru the day.

As for the Ipad2, It allows me to watch movies I load and movies I stream thru netflix and various other services. I do most of the streaming at home since free wifi networks outside usually restrict this sort of activity. I use alot of personal financial apps along with web browsing and calender management while on my couch. Having the Ipad I now only turn on my actually computer not more then once a week. I take my Ipad alot to work and make use of the kindle app very frequently.

In any case I can go on but this is my ideal combo period. The only thing I would change is having the BB lag much less. It seems that when I really need to make a call or check something after exiting a program the phone will show the clock icon and freeze for a literal minute(which can be a life time when in a rush).
    10-27-11 11:30 PM
    I think you will really like having both devices. I have the 9900 and the white iPod touch. I enjoy the iPod touch for games and iMessaging with my friends sometimes. I really am truly disappointed by the web browser, just as I think Safari is absolute $hit on my MacBook. For years I have heard everyone go on about how wonderful the iPhone browser is. I had the 9900 for a few months before I got the white iPod touch, and I was expecting the iPod to blow away the 9900's browser. It doesn't at all. I guess reading stuff is a little easier? and YouTube videos look better in landscape mode? I guess I just expected something remarkable, and I was just met with ..pretty much the same browser as the 9900, which is really good, but in my opinion, RIM has caught up to everyone in terms of the mobile browser.

But I really think you should get the iPod touch. Honestly, I always had a sense of "what am I missing.." because countless friends of mine have abandoned BlackBerry for the iPhone or an Android. They'd tell me to ditch my 9700, 9780, and even my 9900. But there is just absolutely no way, and there is nothing Apple or any other manufacturer could do to have me leave the BlackBerry. I got the iPod touch because BestBuy has a great trade-in program, where I traded my year old iPod nano, my Curve 8320 and 8820, and got almost $150 in Best Buy credit. So I thought.. "what's another $50 or $60 for a device that does so much?" (the iPod touch). So I bought it. I'm glad I did. I started with an 8GB and upgraded to a 32GB. They're useful little devices, fun, time-killing. But when it comes time to type or really do much more than play Words With Friends or read articles online, I go right back to my Bold 9900. (side note: the iPod's speaker is TERRIBLE compared to the speaker on the Bold 9900. Pandora gets played on my Bold, not the iPod)
    jfmanzo and leftypepper716 like this.
    10-28-11 01:25 AM
    Hey, just to add my 2 cents: Personally, I think the best combo would be a BB (preferably a QWERTY-style) and an iPad 2 are the best combo.

For on-the-go, quick communication (push e-mail, physical keyboard, BBM, keyboard shortcuts) w/ solid battery life, you cannot go wrong with the BlackBerry.

For leisure, you cannot beat the iPad. Biggest game selection from indie and big-name publishers/devs. Big screen size (so you can actually enjoy them), which is great also for simply browsing the net or checking out all the creative, wonderful, productive (and so on) apps on the App Store. Easy to buy and consume content. Great battery life. Your combo, OP, w/ the iPod Touch is great. I prefer the iPad simply for the luxurious large screen from which to enjoy everything from.

If you play to each devices' strengths, this is the best combo IMO.

Last edited by Aspyred; 10-28-11 at 02:39 AM.
    10-28-11 02:37 AM
    I wrote the exact same thing two posts earlier!

Hey, just to add my 2 cents: Personally, I think the best combo would be a BB (preferably a QWERTY-style) and an iPad 2 are the best combo.

For on-the-go, quick communication (push e-mail, physical keyboard, BBM, keyboard shortcuts) w/ solid battery life, you cannot go wrong with the BlackBerry.

For leisure, you cannot beat the iPad. Biggest game selection from indie and big-name publishers/devs. Big screen size (so you can actually enjoy them), which is great also for simply browsing the net or checking out all the creative, wonderful, productive (and so on) apps on the App Store. Easy to buy and consume content. Great battery life. Your combo, OP, w/ the iPod Touch is great. I prefer the iPad simply for the luxurious large screen from which to enjoy everything from.

If you play to each devices' strengths, this is the best combo IMO.

10-28-11 09:23 AM
    How did you bridge them?

Sorry for the delayed response. It's actually a tether via Bluetooth and you can do this with just about any smartphone w/Bluetooth. It's a battery-killer but I've spent about $5-$10 on chargers and have at least 2 for the office, home and car.

First, you need to jailbreak the iPod (I'd prefer keeping an untethered JB on 4.3.3).

Download a BT tethering app (I use iBluever, a $5 Cydia app, but there are a couple other options).

From there, the steps are explained fairly well within the app.

If anyone wants some more thorough instructions, you know where to reach me. Hope this helps.
    10-28-11 09:54 AM
    a blackberry + a IOS device is like pure win, we all say "blackberry FTW!" but you know IOS is also advance and fun

like i said in other post i have a bb 9930, iPhone 4 and iPad.. best combos ever

plus you can get push email notifications on your IOS device using a app like "boxcar" it never miss a email notification (for me at least)

How did you bridge them?

i hope you know by bridge he means "tether internet" not like bridge as in playbook and blackberry with email and bbm
    Last edited by YoungAceAtlanta; 10-28-11 at 10:13 AM.
    10-28-11 10:02 AM
    I use the 9930 and the IPT4 and LOVE it!

I predominantly use my 9930 since I hate the lack of true multitasking and navigating on my IPT, but the IPT is great for multimedia or when I'm going to be working remotely for a brief period of time. I can just chuck my IPT in my purse and use PocketCloud to RPD to my virtual machine; I don't want to lug around a tablet or laptop.
    10-28-11 03:04 PM
    Sorry for the delayed response. It's actually a tether via Bluetooth and you can do this with just about any smartphone w/Bluetooth. It's a battery-killer but I've spent about $5-$10 on chargers and have at least 2 for the office, home and car.

First, you need to jailbreak the iPod (I'd prefer keeping an untethered JB on 4.3.3).

Download a BT tethering app (I use iBluever, a $5 Cydia app, but there are a couple other options).

From there, the steps are explained fairly well within the app.

If anyone wants some more thorough instructions, you know where to reach me. Hope this helps.
    Is that possible on the iPhone 4S?
    10-28-11 04:01 PM
    I got a 64gb touch and a 9900. 9700 and the 4g touch before that.

Nothing is better than that. The need for an iPhone goes away, in my opinion. Its also way more expensive.

10-28-11 10:19 PM
    I have a Curve 3G and a iPod touch 4 I love the combo as well but in all honesty my iPod touch is making want to try the iPhone!! I have been using blackberry since 2007 and I love the curve series.. My iPod touch has been great for media and now messaging with the new iMessage out I'm getting better at using the virtual keyboard, which I never thought I would say... So I think my next upgrade will be an iPhone and keep my bb as a back up just in case I have a change of heart...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-29-11 12:05 AM
    How I'd bee using them if? I do get an ipod 4th gen is this way, Obiviously my Sprint Bold 9930 IS the main communication device, best qwerty keyboard I've ever used, BBM & Push E-Mail is the best, Call quality on the 9930 is great, and from time to time, I have to take off the back protector and just hold the Bold in my hand and go "wow" , such a great classic design Now if I do get a 4th gen ipod Touch (i'm 90% sure I will) I'm gonna use it primarly at home to sit on the deck and listen to my itunes and watch Netflix on it, and use the i messenger and video chat with my family & friends who have an iphone 4S . Hopefully when I can save the money I will be getting an ipad 2, but for now, a Bold 9930 and an ipod 4th gen will be very sufficent
    10-29-11 06:08 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD