While I realize that there are other forums that might be better suited to this question, I believe that many in here have recently installed the complementary version of Vlingo and are also using the same handset (9900).

So I am off to purchase a new bluetooth head set and would like to know if there is any consensus regarding the best unit for pairing with the 9900 and using Vlingo.
    11-11-11 03:05 PM
    Plantronics. Voyager pro HD if you can handle it.
    11-11-11 04:06 PM
    Have a BlueAnt Q2 which works fine. It downloaded both my 9930 and iPhone 4 address books which announce the caller's name on incoming calls.
    11-11-11 04:22 PM
    The best headset is one that is 100% compatible with Vlingo. I know mine isn't so I haven't checked, but I believe there may be a list on their site. The benefits are that you should be able to start Vlingo from your headset as opposed to using the convenience key. FYI I have the Sony HBH-DS980 which works brilliantly but isn't '100% compatible'.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mav.
    Last edited by Mavrique; 11-11-11 at 04:51 PM.
    11-11-11 04:47 PM
    So the dude at the store said he would give me 30 bucks off the Blueant Q2 and I bought it.

Fits securely and comfortably in my ear without the hook. However when I press the botton and say "call NAME" it replies activating phone inbuilt voice command then I hear the normal phone voice command instead of the blueant voice...
    11-11-11 07:42 PM
    Clearly not 100% compatible. Read my previous post!
    11-11-11 08:12 PM
    So the dude at the store said he would give me 30 bucks off the Blueant Q2 and I bought it.

Fits securely and comfortably in my ear without the hook. However when I press the botton and say "call NAME" it replies activating phone inbuilt voice command then I hear the normal phone voice command instead of the blueant voice...
    Hey aJH, love my Q2. What you describe is exactly what it is supposed to do. That has nothing to do with Vlingo. I use Vlingo with it, and with my Blueant S4 (love it!!), for other things: via the convenience key.
    11-11-11 09:22 PM
    jawbone era for me is the best by any means
    11-11-11 10:29 PM
    I am hoping this thread will tell me which bluetooth will work best, I am search a better one than my blueant Q1

DocDRM, I lost my vocal command from blueant Q1, do you have any idea to get them back? it used to read out the phone number for me; it is telling me i am connected with the phone. now, all i heard was 'beep' or 'music'. TIA
    11-11-11 10:58 PM
    How to use Vlingo with Bluetooth

Here's how to use Vlingo for BlackBerry with a Bluetooth headset:
    Make sure that Vlingo Options -> Bluetooth Support is set to On.

Make sure your Bluetooth headset is paired with your BlackBerry.
    ◦On your BlackBerry, run through Options -> Set Up Bluetooth.
    ◦On the headset, you'll have to refer to your manufacturer's documentation since it varies by model. If you can use your headset for a phone call, it's set up properly for use with Vlingo.

Activate Vlingo with your side key as you normally would without Bluetooth.
    ◦Don't press the button on the headset. At this time, Vlingo does not support using the Bluetooth headset button to activate Vlingo.

Vlingo will always cause your BlackBerry to vibrate to indicate when to start and stop speaking, regardless of how Audio Tones is set in Vlingo Options.
    ◦There will be a perceptible delay between pressing the side key and feeling the vibration.
    ◦Some headsets have an additional built-in beep.

Start speaking after the beep or vibration.
    ------------
    That's too bad
    Especially when you watch the demo videos of how the in car support works with Android.
    andyJH likes this.
    11-11-11 11:42 PM
    How to use Vlingo with Bluetooth

Here's how to use Vlingo for BlackBerry with a Bluetooth headset:
    Make sure that Vlingo Options -> Bluetooth Support is set to On.

Make sure your Bluetooth headset is paired with your BlackBerry.
    ◦On your BlackBerry, run through Options -> Set Up Bluetooth.
    ◦On the headset, you'll have to refer to your manufacturer's documentation since it varies by model. If you can use your headset for a phone call, it's set up properly for use with Vlingo.

Activate Vlingo with your side key as you normally would without Bluetooth.
    ◦Don't press the button on the headset. At this time, Vlingo does not support using the Bluetooth headset button to activate Vlingo.

Vlingo will always cause your BlackBerry to vibrate to indicate when to start and stop speaking, regardless of how Audio Tones is set in Vlingo Options.
    ◦There will be a perceptible delay between pressing the side key and feeling the vibration.
    ◦Some headsets have an additional built-in beep.

Start speaking after the beep or vibration.
    ------------
    That's too bad
    Especially when you watch the demo videos of how the in car support works with Android.
    The Jawbone ERA is programmable (it seems to have flash ROM). Thus, it should be possible for them to have an app that when you push the Talk button to activate a Dial-App that it would activate Vlingo instead of the Nuance built-in app. I find the Nuance app lacking in its ability to understand, and Vlingo has worked much better.
    andyJH and Alicia Erlich like this.
    11-18-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD