Never said "he" was a liar or a fool.
    Apologies if I misunderstood your post, no offence intended.

PS is you 2nd photo link Mrs Blueyez ?? If it is you are a lucky man !!!
    12-13-11 08:47 AM
    Hey Gizmo, just beccause something can happen doesn't mean it did happen.
    Yup and while 7.1 could have improvements it looks like it doesn't. Thanks for making my point for me.

You can lead a horse to water,,...
    I guess your trying to lead the horses to your 7.1 Kool-Aid isn't going so well. LOL

Better luck next time.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-13-11 at 08:57 AM.
    12-13-11 08:52 AM
    Apologies if I misunderstood your post, no offence intended.

PS is you 2nd photo link Mrs Blueyez ?? If it is you are a lucky man !!!
    LOL, nope that isn't Mrs. olblueyez. That is Carla Gugino the actress when she was a bit younger. Always liked her in the movies.

Carla Gugino

Please no apologies, I understand what you were saying.
    12-13-11 08:57 AM
    No offence but maybe the Angel and the Dog was a too far fetched example lol?
    an animal vs. a human female.. I don't know i'm just sayin lol.

I'll do a little more reading up on official .585 before I decide but based what you guys said i'll maybe try that instead.

Btw I should also say, My berry has been getting too many spinning clocks latley. It happens i'd say 4-5 times a day and it stays spinning each time for about a good 8-10sec, Even if no apps are open and i'm just BBM'ing. This is one of the main reasons I'm looking to steer away from .503. But the battery life was good though! (coming from .353)
    12-13-11 09:07 AM
    I'll do a little more reading up on official .585 before I decide but based what you guys said i'll maybe try that instead.
    Try the .585 base with either the .503 or .540 radio file, seems to be getting far more positive comments than the standard build.

I jumped on board yesterday evening and so far it is doing fine, but too early to give it a 100% thumbs up.

Off charge 5 hours ago, light use, battery 93% No operating issues, everything seems to be working.

Official .585 seems to have a battery meter bug where battery drops from 100% to 92% all in in one go, swapping the radio file cures this issue.

If you feel like giving it a go instructions are in this thread, page 2 if I remember correctly, posted by Phill_UK. I'm no computer genuis but managed to do it with no problems, and if I can do it anyone can !!!
    12-13-11 09:19 AM
    I went throught the thread and checked off the number of recommendations for each build. Yes some of the 500 series builds are people using different radios. It also includes Legal Eagle's 2 recommendations. I didn't bother with all the bickering but I did have some undecideds and labeled them "None".

.440 - 1
    .503 - 4
    .540 - 8
    .585 - 5
    .7.1. - 8
    None - 4

If there is something I missed then let me know and I will be happy to change it.

Phil, did you try 7.1? If so can you tell us why you prefer .585?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-13-11 at 11:53 AM.
    12-13-11 11:49 AM
    Try this, test each of the builds out for a week, and report back and tell me what you think is better. Not saying I would downgrade from .585 but each individual may experience differences on each build. Starting a new thread and asking everyone because you're too lazy to try the builds is ineffective, if you have questions pertaining to the builds, go to the respective threads and post it.
    12-13-11 12:13 PM
    Phil, did you try 7.1? If so can you tell us why you prefer .585?
    I did, twice... and I don't.

They're all average at best, and I haven't found a single one that I actually prefer yet.
    12-13-11 12:25 PM
    I did, twice... and I don't.

They're all average at best, and I haven't found a single one that I actually prefer yet.
    So basically, it's a matter of finding the one for you that is less worse than the others !!!
    12-13-11 12:35 PM
    Well, there you have it. Try them all and see what you like. I have tried all but .585 because 7.1 has been so nice and 7.1 showed up on the scene first. Phil's comment makes me wanna wait for .150.
    12-13-11 02:40 PM
    After using .585 for about 30-36hrs ... I'm really eager to lv. The battery is horrible so far (I installed batt watch so ill post the graph in a week) everythings is working fine so far ezcept the battery meter its all over the place

Took of chrgr today (12noon) and in 5mins it went from 99+ to 89% -_- .. So I plug it back in and in 30-40sec it went to 92%.. 10mins later still @ 92%. Iv been doing batt pulls to. Batt tweaks to save batt ect. ect. Made sure it was full batt when installing OS... Ill give it another 5days but 36hrs in .305 is better, of course it rlly is to early to say so will see.
    12-14-11 10:12 AM
    I went back from .585 to .540 very quickly following battery weird behaviour.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    12-14-11 11:09 AM
    Seriously, try the .585 with either the .540 or .503 radio file hybrid combination.

I am getting seriously good battery life with no OS issues showing so far.

This is by far the best OS I have had and I have tried them all from .296 upwards including a flirtation with the 7.1 leak.

Just read the official .585 thread for comments on this combo from me and others.

It's a Phill_UK idea and for me it is awesome.
    12-14-11 11:31 AM
    After using .585 for about 30-36hrs ... I'm really eager to lv. The battery is horrible so far (I installed batt watch so ill post the graph in a week) everythings is working fine so far ezcept the battery meter its all over the place

Took of chrgr today (12noon) and in 5mins it went from 99+ to 89% -_- .. So I plug it back in and in 30-40sec it went to 92%.. 10mins later still @ 92%. Iv been doing batt pulls to. Batt tweaks to save batt ect. ect. Made sure it was full batt when installing OS... Ill give it another 5days but 36hrs in .305 is better, of course it rlly is to early to say so will see.
    Using the .540/.503 radio file seems to cure the battery meter glitch.
    12-14-11 11:34 AM
    I installed .585 last night so I can say I have used all of the builds thus far. It is too early to do much commenting on .585 but I will say the browser on 7.1 is faster and 7.1 has some options for email setup that are much more stream lined than .585. Otherwise .585 seems pretty solid.

I hope no one is judging battery life with the POS USB charger RIM included with the phone. If you are than you can double your battery life with any OS by hitting up Google or Amazon for a Nokia AC-6U charger. For people in the UK it would be the AC-6X.

Judging battery life on such a nice phone when its crippled by a crap charger doesn't make any sense does it?

Try any charger you have laying around. If you have the old style with the folding blades try that. Let it sit on the new charger over night and see how it goes the next day. You will see a difference.
    12-14-11 11:41 AM
    The 99xx isn't crippled by the OEM charger.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-14-11 at 11:55 AM.
    12-14-11 11:43 AM
    I installed .585 last night so I can say I have used all of the builds thus far. It is too early to do much commenting on .585 but I will say the browser on 7.1 is faster and 7.1 has some options for email setup that are much more stream lined than .585. Otherwise .585 seems pretty solid.)
    Stock or Hybrid ?
    12-14-11 11:47 AM
    I'm done with the 5's and back on 7.1 again. Must have had a 'good install' this time as everything is nice and snappy, with an average discharge rate of under 2% for medium usage.

Contemplating injecting the .150 cods hybrid-pack tomorrow, as I hear that works fine on the 9900. Got them all ready in a folder, thanks to OSBB and Mecca... just gotta find the time now
    12-14-11 12:01 PM
    I'm done with the 5's and back on 7.1 again. Must have had a 'good install' this time as everything is nice and snappy, with an average discharge rate of under 2% for medium usage.

Contemplating injecting the .150 cods hybrid-pack tomorrow, as I hear that works fine on the 9900. Got them all ready in a folder, thanks to OSBB and Mecca... just gotta find the time now
    Hi Phill

Did you ever try the 7.1 radio file / .585 combo ?
    12-14-11 12:10 PM
    Hi Phill

Did you ever try the 7.1 radio file / .585 combo ?
    Nah, don't think that one would ever work.

OS7.0 and 7.1 are just too different... and I'm only an amateur when it comes to hybrids
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    12-14-11 12:19 PM
    Stock or Hybrid ?
    Its stock.

The battery is draining quicker with this OS, I wonder what radio file I should try?
    12-14-11 01:39 PM
    Its stock.

The battery is draining quicker with this OS, I wonder what radio file I should try?
    Which worked better for you as a stock OS, .503 or .540 ?

Maybe try the radio file from the build that was better for you when you were running it.

I've only tried .540 and it is working brilliantly for me, 10 hours off charge and battery at 82% after a fairly busy day.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 12-14-11 at 01:52 PM.
    12-14-11 01:49 PM
    Which worked better for you as a stock OS, .503 or .540 ?

Maybe try the radio file from the build that was better for you when you were running it.

I've only tried .540 and it is working brilliantly for me, 10 hours off charge and battery at 82% after a fairly busy day.
    Your right, and if the Swiss Cheese in my head has it correct, it was .540 that worked best.
    12-14-11 04:43 PM
    I went back from .585 to .540 very quickly following battery weird behaviour.
    what was the weird behaviour? Im on .585 right now and havent tried .540 yet. People are saying .540 is better for battery life? Ill give it a try tonight.
    12-14-11 09:27 PM
    I feel bad for "novice" people who have Blackberry and just think their phone sucks, but they wont throw it away/leave because of the addicting BBM. I see it on Facebook all the time lol.. RIM needs to come hard with Blackberry 10 (why did we go from "7.1" - 10 ) But the new line up of Berry's should be perfect. Don't get me wrong though i'm satisfied with my 9900 I love BB so much thats why I joined these forums like everyone else (CB = #1) .. Lol. Sorry, I'm gonna try the whole "combo" OS and come back with results. I was gonna go try .540 tonight, my battery sucks on .585 and the obvious glitch (100% -> 92%). I'v had the OS a day 1/2 and i'm already being stubborn to switch/try a new OS. Usually i'll at least be content with 3-4days but I mean the graph (Battery Watch) the hills going down when i'm off the charger are STEEP! I pay attention to my batt watch pretty frequently but more and less frequently when I see my battery isn't going down that bad I stay with OS... Anyways I'm going with the "combo" tonight so,
    12-14-11 10:32 PM
118 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD