Your carrier released .585 for the 9900?
    No, but it's still an officail release by a carrier. 7.1 sounds great but I don't need mobile hotspot for anything right now. Am I missiing something else 7.1 has? As far as I've seen 7.1 only brings mobile hotspot.

I've loaded leaks before but just prefer official releases, no problems with leaks just like official.
    12-10-11 09:23 PM
    I'm on the original att 440 build. Superb battery life.
    12-10-11 11:44 PM
    The worst amongst them is .585
    .503 and .540 are better
    I would go for .540 as the best
    .503 is good but not better than .540
    While .585 is so buggy and has poor battery life
    12-11-11 03:14 AM
    .503 and .540 are better
    More misinformation from someone who hasn't even tried .585
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 12-11-11 at 04:58 AM.
    12-11-11 03:38 AM
    .503 and .540 are better
    You wouldn't sound quite as ignorant if you at least qualified your comments with "for me" instead of making it sound like a consensus.

My results are the opposite of yours, although granted I haven't had 585 loaded long enough to judge conclusively. (Did you?)

My battery on 474 and 540 was bad. 540 had a bunch of little bugs for me, mostly related to touchscreen selections.
    12-11-11 04:21 AM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 7.1 but a colleague says that it slows the phone somewhat... Is this true?
    12-11-11 05:33 AM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 7.1 but a colleague says that it slows the phone somewhat... Is this true?
    I am on day 8 with leaked 7.1 and have had no problems with it at all.

Battery life seems to be more or less on par with .503/.540 for me.

Give it a go, you can always go back your previous OS if it doesn't work for you.
    Angelo_Campher likes this.
    12-11-11 05:55 AM
    Why would anyone install any 9900 OS other than "7.1"??? Especially without trying "7.1"!!!!!!!! WTH???

"Hey guys, what outdated, buggy, and sluggish OS is the best one"???????

Are You Serious???????????? "Paralysis of Analysis" for sure.

Click to view quoted image
    Why? Because this appears to be your opinion and yours alone. Ranting and raving about it in every other post doesn't change the fact that it's still your opinion, and it comes across as mighty obnoxious to suggest that anyone who doesn't agree with it is stupid. Many if not most other users who have tried 7.1 that I've seen are reporting more bugs and/or worse battery life than the later 7.0 versions. Your opinion is certainly as welcome as anyone else's, but you have to remember that everyone's performance and setups are different. What performs well for you won't necessarily perform well for everybody else. Now please, let everyone evaluate the opinions and feedback from others and make their own decisions.
    Elite1 and andyb488 like this.
    12-11-11 06:08 AM
    I am on day 8 with leaked 7.1 and have had no problems with it at all.

Battery life seems to be more or less on par with .503/.540 for me.

Give it a go, you can always go back your previous OS if it doesn't work for you.
    Thanks. I will take the plunge. Going to start the download now...
    12-11-11 06:09 AM
    540 the best os..i charge phone via pc usb and i have a lot battery life than when i use charger..504 is also good but 540 is the winner till now
    12-11-11 06:32 AM
    Thanks. I will take the plunge. Going to start the download now...
    Sure that you won't regret it. Please keep us updated with your view on 7.1 once it has settled in.
    12-11-11 06:40 AM
    More misinformation from someone who hasn't even tried .585
    I haven't tried it yes but it is in no way a misinformation, head over to the official .585 forum and leaked .585 and see for yourself else just keep shut
    12-11-11 07:54 AM
    You wouldn't sound quite as ignorant if you at least qualified your comments with "for me" instead of making it sound like a consensus.

My results are the opposite of yours, although granted I haven't had 585 loaded long enough to judge conclusively. (Did you?)

My battery on 474 and 540 was bad. 540 had a bunch of little bugs for me, mostly related to touchscreen selections.
    I haven't tried .585 and no need to add for me as I haven't tried it but guess what ? I know it has the worst battery life amongst .503 and .540 head over to the leaked .585 forum and official .585 forum and see for yourself
    Mind you, iv gone through all the pages from leaked .503, official .503,official .540 and leaked 7.1.
    From what people say, .585 sucks period !!!
    12-11-11 07:58 AM
    I haven't tried it yes but it is in no way a misinformation, head over to the official .585 forum and leaked .585 and see for yourself else just keep shut
    I am actually using .585 so I don't need to head anywhere.

I therefore have every right to voice my personal opinions on that OS, unlike you.

Experience is gained by trying something out for yourself, then forming your own opinions... not by blindly quoting others.

That is misinformation.
    12-11-11 08:04 AM
    Why?
    Inspite of the usual crowd who will have problems no matter what OS it is, 7.1 is much better than the others mentioned. If you wanna argue "I don't need the hotspot and .585 is great" that might be a viable argument. If .585 does have any short comings then you are once again left with 7.1.

Because this appears to be your opinion and yours alone.
    This statement you made is pure fiction and goes to discredit everything you are attempting to convey.

Ranting and raving about it in every other post doesn't change the fact that it's still your opinion, and it comes across as mighty obnoxious to suggest that anyone who doesn't agree with it is stupid.
    I was over zealous in one post. I never called anyone stupid, those were your words. Having everyone entitled to an opinion doesn't make everyone right. I also don't see how it is even possible for me to censor anyone's opinion. Implying I can and do is fantastic.

Many if not most other users who have tried 7.1 that I've seen are reporting more bugs and/or worse battery life than the later 7.0 versions.
    This statement goes exactly to the point of my post. What I want people to know is this "Ignore all the retoric because there will always be people who have problems with any OS and they will have you moving down the stray path". Try 7.1 because it works fantastic.

Your opinion is certainly as welcome as anyone else's, but you have to remember that everyone's performance and setups are different.
    Setups and performance can be different? Meaning what? An OS with more bugs may preform better for some people?

What performs well for you won't necessarily perform well for everybody else.
    Like I said, some of us will have problems no matter the situation and I am advocating that they be ignored instead of letting them keep people from using better firmware. If you have a hard time discearning who is a "problem waiting for a place to happen" from "someone who has a legitimate problem" than its likely you will end up in the first category.

Now please, let everyone evaluate the opinions and feedback from others and make their own decisions.
    Maybe you could go into great detail how I am able censor or manipulate what others think when I am the same as you, "looking at my BlackBerry and writing on CrackBerry".
    12-11-11 09:35 AM
    I am actually using .585 so I don't need to head anywhere.

I therefore have every right to voice my personal opinions on that OS, unlike you.

Experience is gained by trying something out for yourself, then forming your own opinions... not by blindly quoting others.

That is misinformation.
    okay
    lets not turn this into something else
    but yes you have the right to voice your opinion by having .585
    But calling the views of plenty people vs 1 person is called 'misinformation' ?
    Bravo phil
    Am sure you read all the forums in leaked .585 and official .585 and you are well aware of the negative reviews it earned why the hostility towards me either way dont reply i dont wanna know
    Again Bravo by dismissing the opinions of MANY people vs yours , Bravo
    12-11-11 09:48 AM
    yes you have the right to voice your opinion by having .585
    But calling the views of plenty people vs 1 person is called 'misinformation' ?
    Bravo phil
    Am sure you read all the forums in leaked .585 and official .585 and you are well aware of the negative reviews it earned why the hostility towards me either way dont reply i dont wanna know
    Again Bravo by dismissing the opinions of MANY people vs yours , Bravo
    Well what about me?
    585 has been available for a matter of days, and you've got at least 2 people out of the dozen or so posting in this thread that so far prefer 585.

When my BB with 540 is bleeding battery at 12%/hour, especially crashing once I pass 25% or so remaining, plus often only the trackpad will select buttons in popups, should I say, "Oh well, this must be mighty good because some people wrote it was"?

And actually, if you go back and read the posts of Phill and mine, you'll hardly see us dismissing anybody that has reviewed any of these OS's.
    You are the one ignorantly dismissing something you haven't even tried for yourself.
    12-11-11 12:01 PM
    540 is a crappy OS because the radio signal is very weak, that is why it has been pulled out from all major carriers!

stick to 503 it's the best
    12-11-11 12:04 PM
    540 is a crappy OS because the radio signal is very weak, that is why it has been pulled out from all major carriers!

stick to 503 it's the best
    If that is the case why are people creating hybrids using the .540 Radio in .585 and loving it ???
    12-11-11 12:08 PM
    If that is the case why are people creating hybrids using the .540 Radio in .585 and loving it ???
    i've tried all 3 of them.... 585 sucks on battery life and 540 sucks with its crappy radio file

503 has the best of both worlds, radio strength + battery life
    12-11-11 12:15 PM
    503 has the best of both worlds, radio strength + battery life
    You're half right ML... but .585 cods with .503 radio is the best of both worlds

12-11-11 12:30 PM
    I got two questions

1. I got open Bell 9900 phone running and I'm going to run it on AT&T network.
    Will it be better to load AT&T 5.0.0.680 over what the phone come with 5.0.0.469

2. I download AT&T 5.0.0.680 and extract it. I deleted vendor ID but when I try to install it the only version that come up are 5.0.0.469

What do I do wrong?

Thank for your help
    12-11-11 12:31 PM
    You're half right ML... but .585 cods with .503 radio is the best of both worlds

Click to view quoted image
    Phill, which do you think is better? In the 585 official thread you said the 585 cods with 540 radio was the best, and now here it's 503? I'm downloading 585 now and just curious on your thoughts
    12-11-11 12:44 PM
    i would love to have that one phill!
    i tried to move my cods but somehow it doesn't work out..
    Don't move the cods... just swap out the radio files

Phill, which do you think is better? In the 585 official thread you said the 585 cods with 540 radio was the best, and now here it's 503? I'm downloading 585 now and just curious on your thoughts
    For now .585 java with .503 sfi is best for me... but that could change again at any time
    12-11-11 01:00 PM
    For now .585 java with .503 sfi is best for me... but that could change again at any time
    Ok thanks! Can I swap the radio files at any time? So if I put the 540sfi file in the 585 UMTS folder and then want to switch to either 503 or 585, can I just paste it in there and then loader.exe will detect the change?
    12-11-11 01:04 PM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD