From all the research i've done on the net and all the conversations I had with the IT people from my work and my carrier I've reached to the conclusion that in order to use a BB device effectively for email purposes you need at least BES. With BIS you are limited (even if I'm paying extra fee to my carrier for this). BES of course requires additional costs while with other mobile phones and OS like iPhone, Samsung , HTC you don't have this cost and you sync everything instantly. Only if I knew this I wouldn't have moved to BB. Anyway I'll try to enjoy the rest of the functions of my BB 9900 and login through the web browser to OWA to view my emails until it gets old and then move probably to an iPhone
    01-14-12 10:10 AM
    you dont just have to pay for BES though. There has to be servers and such set up for it. You are correct you can get many functions like full sync, that come with BES on other devices with no extra hardware or cost. BB10 might change alot of this though so we just have to wait and see
    01-14-12 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD