Hey Guys, I can't remember my old username but used to be very involved in the forums years ago. Once the iPhone came around I jumped ship and never looked back. Yesterday I bought a Blackberry 9930 for 65 Dollars from a guy who obviously didn't know what he had. Called Sprint the ESN is clean and was never reported stolen. I unlocked it for .95 cents and started using it. I currently am a very heavy iPhone 4s user. I really would like to get back to a Berry but cannot justify loosing all the apps and features of an iPhone. My question is, is there anything out that makes the berry more enjoyable as ffar as software mods, themes, custom OS. I jumped ship from a Blackberry 9000 which was one of my favorite phones ever. Any insight for me to make the switch back?
    08-06-12 12:28 AM
    BB lack in apps there is not arguing that. Not many like all the Apps in iPhone. But I need to ask what is the real reason you bought a BB.
    08-06-12 12:58 AM
    Blackberry's are -very- good at what they do...communicate. In this regard they make the other phone's seem almost like toys. As far as the app's go, there is enough to "get by". Not as exciting or entertaining as iPhone or Android based devices.
    Depends on what you need from the thing. For a while I carried the 9930, and an Android phone. Mostly now I just carry the Berry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 12:59 AM
    I hear you. I just posted in the 9800 area about how I returned from a WP7 device and would rather have my 9800. I hardly put it down since I got it. My wife was happy with my Samsung because I hardly used it. Now she's upset that I won't put the BlackBerry down.
    08-06-12 03:01 AM
    Like they said, BB's are communication tools at heart. I would never sit on a mobile forum on one of those other OS's but I'm ok with I here. I just love typing on this keypad. BB(email>messaging>reliable>) (apps<higher res display<more overall hype<iphone).
    This is a very basic idea of what you're getting/losing.
    08-06-12 03:06 AM
    Like they said, BB's are communication tools at heart. I would never sit on a mobile forum on one of those other OS's but I'm ok with I here. I just love typing on this keypad. BB(email>messaging>reliable>) (apps<higher res display<more overall hype<iphone).
    This is a very basic idea of what you're getting/losing.
    Sorry but the iPhone is also a great tool for communication. That does not hold water. I run my business with my iPhone quite nicely.
    08-06-12 03:39 AM
    If you're into a BlackBerry you are a BlackBerry person now. Okay the apps aren't great and people say RIM is "dying" but it's bull. I use a BlackBerry over an iPhone because of the keyboard that keeps my typing habits good and it is better for comm's than an iPhone. Now it comes with it's share of difficulties but hey. All Mobile OS' do. Why not keep the iPhone handy and swtich to it if the BlackBerry experience doesn't work. I've been a BlackBerry user long time and the hardware and software just work for me. Give it time and you'll like it but keep an open mind.
    08-06-12 04:42 AM
    The iphone is a nice device but I like the Bold 9930 and very happy for you for getting flagship BB for $65. At that price you gotta love the Bold.
    08-06-12 04:48 AM
    Both iPhone and Blackberry have their pros and cons. Like me, I use both the 4s and the 9900. I cut them into different jobs, my iPhone for entertainment, games, social, etc.. and my blackberry for work, email, bbm, etc.. So why not use both of them?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 04:51 AM
    Sorry but the iPhone is also a great tool for communication. That does not hold water. I run my business with my iPhone quite nicely.
    i must agree with you here. im using an iphone and ipad now too, and as a tool for both productivity and communication, i think, is better than any of my BB's ever were. dont get me wrong, i still love BB devices. but for what i need, the iphone out performs it all ways. between emails, spreadsheets, airprint, document typing and bill paying, there isnt much i cant do from my devices. i lost my interest in BB when it began hindering me, not helping me in my everyday life.
    08-06-12 04:53 AM
    I do a lot of email. The keyboard on the 9930 is sublime. I have problems with touch screens for a lot of text entry. The other thing I like about the Berry is its ability to notify me when email is received based on the sender. My blackberry remains silent for most email and blinks the LED red. For certain people the phone will make specific notification sounds and blink the LED other colors using BeBuzz. I find this feature invaluable. A quick glance at the phone and I know if I have a message from the wife, etc.

From my point of view the reason to have a Blackberry is for email.

I also have an Android phone which is great for everything else.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 05:19 AM
    1 month ago wife gave me her iPhone 4s, I shut off the 9930. I miss keyboard, custom notification, and contact book syncing with outlook seamlessly. Pro's of iPhone, still out weight going back to BB. Wish I could afford both.....
    08-06-12 06:14 AM
    One of the things I've done is use my bb bold 9900 for communication, social networking.. And my iPod touch 4gen for everything else apps, games, music.. Its the best of both worlds.. I left bb for a while (7months) to try out windows phone.. It was okay but a lot of things were missing for me and I just preferred my bb back missed it badly! Windows phone needs to work on there notifications system. Yes they have the tiles but one thing about the tiles is that they don't work half the time. They will stopped updating on they're own and then your just stuck gotta either uninstalled the app or turn the phone of and on. I just realized in that moment BB is right for me and my iPod is my entertainment!

Sent from my iPod Touch (4th Generation) using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 11:05 AM
    I use both the bold and the iphone 4 and the notification system is what i like the most. I dont have to keep refreshing like I do for the iphone. The keyboard is also better, I can type faster, use with one hand, and also type without looking. I guess it depends on what you use it for but for me I like the bold better but the iphone is a great phone also.
    08-06-12 05:28 PM
    My phone has native features that work so that's what I would consider in picking a device

Sent from Le Cyan de Lumia via Board Espresso
    08-06-12 05:43 PM
    $65? Wow that's a great deal. I'm gain a hard time finding one on Craigslist for $200-$240. :/
    I refuse to pay more then $260.
    That's what I bought my last one for before it broke.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 05:55 PM
    $65? Wow that's a great deal. I'm gain a hard time finding one on Craigslist for $200-$240. :/
    I refuse to pay more then $260.
    That's what I bought my last one for before it broke.

Same here, I was willing to pay $250, then the sellers on my local CL demand for 270-320 range, and I said no thanks.
    08-06-12 06:02 PM
    I'm SOOOO thankful I'm not the only one who uses both Iphone 4s and BB. My husband thinks I've lost my mind. He JUST jumped from basic phone to android and now thinks he's part of the inner crowd now.
    I use my BB for texting my kids, emailing quickly, and the notifier light is invaluable.
    What I love about the iphone is Safari (WAY faster), and the camera (without saying).
    What I dislike about the Iphone is NO SD card. I like my pics portable on my card.
    I also don't pay extra to use the IPhone because I just use it in WIFI only with network turned off (just like IPod) and use my BB for phone calls/texts etc...
    Thanks for the great posts!
    08-06-12 06:03 PM
    Same here, I was willing to pay $250, then the sellers on my local CL demand for 270-320 range, and I said no thanks.
    I meant "having" not "gain" darn autocorrect haha.
    But yeah, their charging around $350 here which I'm just not going to pay.
    That's a bit much for my liking.

08-06-12 06:47 PM
    I'm so tired of people posting for "the wife" or "the husband". First off, it sounds so demeaning and second, why can't they post for themselves? And who goes a rat's ... if your husband, bf, gf, wife, grandmother, concubine, dog, cat, aardvark is the one with the other phone?
    08-06-12 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD