I have a bold 9930 and I was kinda debating on getting a tablet. But I don't know what it would be useful for
    11-04-12 02:33 PM
    If you have a 9930 then you can use Bridge, which lets you link up the PlayBook with your phone for some expanded functionality. PlayBook will also reportedly be upgradeable to BB10 at some point and right now is dirt cheap.
    11-04-12 02:38 PM
    If you have a 9930 then you can use Bridge, which lets you link up the PlayBook with your phone for some expanded functionality. PlayBook will also reportedly be upgradeable to BB10 at some point and right now is dirt cheap.
    Any major retailers carry the PB?
    11-04-12 02:43 PM
    Hmm I'm not too sure about American retailers...

Maybe some of CB's US members can suggest a few places.
    11-04-12 02:57 PM
    Try bestbuy
    11-04-12 05:21 PM
    just bought a 32gb from future shop for $129 for my dad.

the core stuff I've set it up for are

email
    photos and videos of grandkids
    bb video chat with grandkid - other grandkid has an ipad though
    browser
    kindle (sideload) and kobo
    stock tracker
    music
    games
    11-04-12 05:30 PM
    Office Depot still showing a few 64gb in some stores around KC. Supposedly you can place order online and they'll ship when available. Thinking about ordering my wife one at the $189 price. I have a Bold 9650 and unlimited data plan, so, for me, it was the perfect companion to my phone. I would sorely miss either a tablet that didn't tether or bridge. I bridge at the office and listen to Nobex radio much of the day.
    11-04-12 05:42 PM
    just bought a 32gb from future shop for $129 for my dad.
    I don't think the OP will find a futureshop near milford Pennsylvania. The playbook and 9900 are a match made in heaven though. If you can't find one in retail then consider ordering one online.
    11-04-12 05:48 PM
    I bought 2 64gig Playbooks in the past week at Office Depot (2 different stores) for ~$190.00 each.
    11-04-12 05:58 PM
    Get out !! BB10 for sure?? I was going to say I goof around on my playbook but I had no idea we might get BB10 for it. Damn I'll have to start rethinking my PB now. Good to know !
    11-04-12 09:20 PM
    I have been using the iPad 1 16gb WiFi version, iPad 2 16gb WiFi+3G version and now the PB 64gb. To be totally honest, I love having a constant 3G connection on my iPad2. Having lost an independent internet connection on my tablet, I suddenly find that I need to rely on another device to get things done. I either need my BB9900 around, or my mobile hotspot on iPhone, or public Wifi... sometimes it gets slightly frustrating...

But that being said, I'm adoring the small form factor of the PB. The vibrant screen is excellent, and I was taken aback by the demo HD video that came with the PB. It is SOOOO amazing!! Apps are getting more and the quality of apps are getting better. And emails are just a breeze.

Am now just waiting for BB10 to arrive for the PB and it's gonna be stellar...
    11-05-12 03:41 AM
    Personally, I use my PlayBook all the time for school. I don't like carrying around my heavy laptop, so all I need is my PB! I can take notes, go on the internet, BBM without pulling out my phone, check emails, and all the other great stuff that comes with bridge. It's also really useful when I don't have WiFi but I have a data connection; my PB is useful and my laptop isn't. I've written entire papers on it! Of course there are also great apps that I use a lot as well. I would say definitely get one, especially since they're so cheap right now!!
    I bought my PlayBook at BestBuy. They have good insurance offers as well.
    11-05-12 01:01 PM