So it seemed like I had been down this road before (waiting forever for a release). I did a quick search for Bold 9000 release date and found several threads. Reading through the below one even the months are the same. Just replace 9000 with 9900/9930 and you will have a complete release forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...se-date-38426/
    07-03-11 07:19 AM
    Release speculation is a circular firing squad. It can be fun or tedium redux. But people are excited, and there's no denying that. I have a strong BlackBerry, but look forward to stronger yet....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 07:37 AM
    No doubt this is a redux if you have been around any of the phone/hardware forums. This is the way it has always been except the wait here is much longer for the 9900!
    07-03-11 08:12 AM
    No doubt this is a redux if you have been around any of the phone/hardware forums. This is the way it has always been except the wait here is much longer for the 9900!
    I don't know. The forum starts in May and the 9000 didn't release until November as I remember. I hope the 9930 releases before November
    07-03-11 08:41 AM
    I don't know. The forum starts in May and the 9000 didn't release until November as I remember. I hope the 9930 releases before November
    It sould release in September, October at the latest.
    07-03-11 08:47 AM
    It sould release in September, October at the latest.
    I'm thinking Sept also for Verizon. Wish it were sooner.
    07-03-11 08:51 AM
    if Sprint doesn't have this device by mid Aug and other carriers before, mid or end of Aug I will have to really jump the ship for good. I heard all the reasons why but It's not helping. My opinion, get the hardware end straight. The software end get at least 89% positive then release. No OS is perfect. But that's why they call it updates. HTC, MOTO, apple all do the same bs. Release, bugs reported an update is coming down the pipeline. Just knock the major issues out.

Once again just an opinion.

07-03-11 09:58 AM
    if Sprint doesn't have this device by mid Aug and other carriers before, mid or end of Aug I will have to really jump the ship for good. I heard all the reasons why but It's not helping. My opinion, get the hardware end straight. The software end get at least 89% positive then release. No OS is perfect. But that's why they call it updates. HTC, MOTO, apple all do the same bs. Release, bugs reported an update is coming down the pipeline. Just knock the major issues out.

Once again just an opinion.

Interesting. Many of the same comments back in 2008. It just proves the more things change the more they stay the same.
    07-03-11 12:09 PM
    Rim has failed to address the up coming 4G LTE so the 9900 and the 9930 will still just be 3G. Rim has screwed up big time with no 4G phones in the line up.
    07-03-11 12:21 PM
    Rim has failed to address the up coming 4G LTE so the 9900 and the 9930 will still just be 3G. Rim has screwed up big time with no 4G phones in the line up.
    Not a fail IMO. LTE battery life sucks in its current generation. By next year LTE will have improved chipsets and coverage will be widespread.
    UrbanGlowCam and jimpilot like this.
    07-03-11 12:31 PM
    Also 4G is nowhere near aval in all areas so I'll stick with cheaper 3G since I have no 4G to use anyway.
    07-03-11 12:40 PM
    Will 4G really help, or is being funneled through the BIS going to make it irrelevant?
    07-03-11 03:33 PM
    My totaly unscientific opinion. I have a LTE hotspot and sometime connect 9650 to it. I don't see enough of a difference to matter to me.

Keeping battery life the same as current blackberries is way more important to me.
    07-03-11 04:09 PM
    Just curious what would be the point of having a Blackberry with LTE with the current OS 6/7 etc? QNX would be a different story but really I don't see much of a point right now and until power management gets better with LTE devices then stick with what works...

As for the comparisons to the 9000, timing may ultimately be right in the end but its worth noting that 9000 went into field trial July 6, 2008 and had enormous problems with hardware and SW. We swapped to different hardware a couple of times and more SW updates than with any device since...

No word on when this device will enter field trial yet...

PG
    07-03-11 05:53 PM
    Just curious what would be the point of having a Blackberry with LTE with the current OS 6/7 etc? QNX would be a different story but really I don't see much of a point right now and until power management gets better with LTE devices then stick with what works...

As for the comparisons to the 9000, timing may ultimately be right in the end but its worth noting that 9000 went into field trial July 6, 2008 and had enormous problems with hardware and SW. We swapped to different hardware a couple of times and more SW updates than with any device since...

PG
    Thanks for the update.

So questions...

1. Since the 9000 was released in Europe far before AT&T, and you say you went through many hardware revisions, is the AT&T physically different from the earlier revisions released for say Vodafone?

2. By your judgement so far, does the 9900 field testing seem like it will go smoother than what happened with the 9000 in the past?
    07-03-11 06:05 PM
    No 4g? Not a big disappointment...who wants to pay an extra $10 a month for no real pop in service?

07-03-11 06:11 PM

PG
    Just curious, how does Verizon's field trial last when compaired to AT&T? Can we expect they will release about the same time or is it possible that one model (9900 or 9930) would go through field testing quicker and release sooner?
    07-03-11 07:02 PM
    rim is on crack right now.they are just standing pack and letting the carriers take as long as they need to have bugless devices.im getting impatient now.back in 2008,smartphone was new for me.but now it just a norm.so things should be quick and smooth just like advanced computer technology.if new devices from rim are set to release in september/october,i will turn my attention also to any new 4g androids and the new apple iphone 5.early summer months,it would have been all blackberry for me.but now apple/android are right back in the picture.so i will see how things play for me and what my next smartphone will be.
    07-03-11 07:36 PM
    No! You're wrong!
    Last edited by IllmasterMathematics; 07-03-11 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Capslock
    07-03-11 11:46 PM
    rim is on crack right now.they are just standing pack and letting the carriers take as long as they need to have bugless devices.im getting impatient now.back in 2008,smartphone was new for me.but now it just a norm.so things should be quick and smooth just like advanced computer technology.if new devices from rim are set to release in september/october,i will turn my attention also to any new 4g androids and the new apple iphone 5.early summer months,it would have been all blackberry for me.but now apple/android are right back in the picture.so i will see how things play for me and what my next smartphone will be.
    To each his own. I am going to wait for the 9930.
    07-04-11 10:26 AM
    Thanks for the update.

So questions...

1. Since the 9000 was released in Europe far before AT&T, and you say you went through many hardware revisions, is the AT&T physically different from the earlier revisions released for say Vodafone?

2. By your judgement so far, does the 9900 field testing seem like it will go smoother than what happened with the 9000 in the past?
    Just curious, how does Verizon's field trial last when compaired to AT&T? Can we expect they will release about the same time or is it possible that one model (9900 or 9930) would go through field testing quicker and release sooner?
    As you may recall several European carriers released the 9000 before the US release and many of those devices had to be replaced because of hw issues. The radios may be different (I don't recall which bands are used in Europe). i believe the hw issue was processor related.

I will say that given where we are with OS7 on the 9810 (T2) it may not be too terribly bad but there are some concerns about battery life, etc that we'll have wait and see on.

Verizon doesn't have nearly as extensive of test program as at&t. Before all you Verizon folks start bashing I don't mean that as a bad thing. They don't need as extensive a program to test devices as their network (CDMA) is much more simple than at&t's GSM/UMTS network.

Now my understanding is that this device will roll out to US carriers simultaneously.

PG
    07-04-11 02:16 PM
    The 9900 needs to launch before the iPhone5. Anyone upgrade eligible who is on the fence about switching from RIM, is more likely to switch if the iPhone5 is available and the 9900 is not.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 07-05-11 at 08:23 AM.
    07-04-11 08:21 PM
    I agree with the guy above me because I will do that. Lol
    07-04-11 10:52 PM
    As you may recall several European carriers released the 9000 before the US release and many of those devices had to be replaced because of hw issues. The radios may be different (I don't recall which bands are used in Europe). i believe the hw issue was processor related.
    PG is right... the 9000 was released in AUG in Canada and a lot of phones were returned with problems... i am sure the 9900 will not have as many problems so we'll see where Canada stands with the release of the 9900...

Back when the 9000 was release Rogers was the ONLY carrier in Canada that could have them since they were the only GSM 3G carrier... now it's a different story with telus and bell coming on board the GSM scene.. maybe Rogers doesn't want a relapse and replace all those devices again.. but who knows ..

I agree with the guy above me because I will do that. Lol
    have fun... u'll get bored of it in a week if ur using it for your daily tasks .. but if u want a toy then maybe u'll enjoy it for a bit longer
    07-05-11 08:24 AM
    have fun... u'll get bored of it in a week if ur using it for your daily tasks .. but if u want a toy then maybe u'll enjoy it for a bit longer
    You comment doesn't make sense. If I was using an iPhone for my daily tasks, why would using a Blackberry make those tasks more interesting?
    07-05-11 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD