Not a HUGE problem- I have bedside mode set up when I charge, and most of the time when I plug it in, it will go to bedside mode, and then a couple of seconds (10? 15?) later ask if I want to exit bedside mode. Sometimes it doesn't ask (maybe when it's in a good mood?)

I've played around with settings, restricted to certain hours, dismiss clock automatically...

I hate to say anything negative. It's not super important I get to sleep 15 seconds earlier, and I won't return my phone for this, but maybe someone has this same thing and it's some weird setting.....
    10-14-11 02:15 PM
    Not a HUGE problem- I have bedside mode set up when I charge, and most of the time when I plug it in, it will go to bedside mode, and then a couple of seconds (10? 15?) later ask if I want to exit bedside mode. Sometimes it doesn't ask (maybe when it's in a good mood?)

I've played around with settings, restricted to certain hours, dismiss clock automatically...

I hate to say anything negative. It's not super important I get to sleep 15 seconds earlier, and I won't return my phone for this, but maybe someone has this same thing and it's some weird setting.....
    I used to get the question if I want to exit bedside mode, but finally it went away and never came back. No explanation for this as I never changed any settings for bedside mode.

Strange but you are not alone.
    10-14-11 08:18 PM
    Not alone at all. My phone also does this. My bedside mode is on a timer, at 10:30 pm it activates. Now if I plug my phone in before that the pop up does not appear and the phone will sleep as programmed but if I plug it in after 10:30 it will go directly into sleep mode and I will get the pop up asking it I want to exit sleep mode. Not a deal breaker but it is annoying because I know its not "right"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 05:56 AM
    I used to see this behavior, but have upgraded to several different OS's since new and no longer see this. I believe it's s bug on some older OS's where when it goes into bedside mode and you move the phone while it's going into that mode, it prompts you go exit bedside mode...

I'm guessing it has something to do with the accelerometer or prox sensor...
    10-15-11 09:13 AM
    Huh. Weird. OK. I'll just have to tuck her in everynight, that's alright with me. I am running .254. I'm not going to kid myself and think I am smart enough to uprade to an unoffical OS. When she starts yelling crying, stealing money and thowing tantrums I'll sit down and figure it out but a bit of fussing is OK with me.

I have thought that each phone is so particular, with so many different variables that no one would probably have this quirk, so I didn't even think about posting. Kinda glad (sorry) others see the same. Makes me feel normal
    10-15-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD