Noticed something re bedside mode...was wondering if anyone else has the same thing...

When I restrict bedside mode to a range of hours...even after the "to" time has passed, the phone will not exit bedside mode. That is, my bedside mode profile (LED off, Silent profile) is still active...

Anyone else have this behaviour?

A
    10-25-11 11:54 AM
    can anyone else confirm this?

i'm using .261
    10-25-11 08:33 PM
    When it is within the restricted time it will ask if you want to exit bs mode. When you are outside of the set time the escape key will exit without a popup. That is how it has always worked for me through 2 bb's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 08:37 PM
    I remember seeing this in OS6 on my Curve.

I think it's a neat feature.
    10-25-11 08:38 PM
    When it is within the restricted time it will ask if you want to exit bs mode. When you are outside of the set time the escape key will exit without a popup. That is how it has always worked for me through 2 bb's.

THanks but what I'm trying to say is that after the set range has passed, the blackberry doesn't automatically exit bedside mode. For example, my blackberry is set to Silent when in bedside mode. But after the set range has passed, it still stays in silent mode. is that normal?
    10-25-11 08:47 PM
    Did you select silent profile or active profile?

10-25-11 09:05 PM
    bedside mode was set to silent.
    but the phone, outsdie of bedside mode was set to normal.
    10-25-11 09:28 PM
    so what i find strange is that after the restricted ranged has lapsed (i tested it by setting it only for a few minutes), the phone does not exit bedside mode until i take it off the charger.
    10-25-11 09:29 PM
    i guess this is just how bedside mode is programmed to work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-radio-583795/
    10-26-11 01:30 AM
    It's not restricted, no matter what the settings are.
    10-26-11 01:40 AM
    so what i find strange is that after the restricted ranged has lapsed (i tested it by setting it only for a few minutes), the phone does not exit bedside mode until i take it off the charger.
    same thing happening to me as well. on my 9780 and 9700 previously, my phone goes back to my "regular" profile (vibrate only) right after the restricted time range. in bedside mode, i have it set as silent (no alerts). it may be a bug in the OS?
    10-29-11 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD