I want my phone to show the clock when I dock it but not when I charge it. Is there a way to do that?

I don't really understand "bedside mode." Does that mean that the clock stays on the whole time? I would rather have the clock just come on for a few minutes before turning the screen off. Is there a way to do that?
    03-29-12 11:40 AM
    There is no way to do that. Either you have the clock enabled or you don't. I always leave my phone charging at night beside me in bed and at 11pm it goes into bedside mode and "wakes up" at 6am when my alarm goes off.

Bedside mode turns off the LED and the lights on the trackpad and keyboard and leaves the clock showing.
    03-29-12 11:50 AM
    How bedside mode works is if you enable it, when you put the blackberry on the charger/dock, the clock will come on, and the screen will dim as low as it can go, and the rest of the lighting (keyboard, etc.) will turn off. In essence, turning it into a clock.

If you restrict it to certain hours, then it will turn on the clock at full brightness on both the screen and everything else outside of those hours, then enter bedside mode during those hours you specify.

As for how to get it to turn the screen on for a few minutes, then shut off, no. I don't think that option is there, but I could be mistaken.
    03-29-12 11:53 AM
    I want my phone to show the clock when I dock it but not when I charge it. Is there a way to do that?

I don't really understand "bedside mode." Does that mean that the clock stays on the whole time? I would rather have the clock just come on for a few minutes before turning the screen off. Is there a way to do that?
    When you are docking your phone, you are charging your phone as well. If you don't want the clock to appear, use the setting "when charging : do nothing".
    03-29-12 12:29 PM
    There is no way to do that. Either you have the clock enabled or you don't. I always leave my phone charging at night beside me in bed and at 11pm it goes into bedside mode and "wakes up" at 6am when my alarm goes off.

Bedside mode turns off the LED and the lights on the trackpad and keyboard and leaves the clock showing.
    That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.
    03-29-12 12:45 PM
    If you restrict it to certain hours, then it will turn on the clock at full brightness on both the screen and everything else outside of those hours, then enter bedside mode during those hours you specify.

As for how to get it to turn the screen on for a few minutes, then shut off, no. I don't think that option is there, but I could be mistaken.
    Thanks, I will look into that.
    03-29-12 12:48 PM
    When you are docking your phone, you are charging your phone as well. If you don't want the clock to appear, use the setting "when charging : do nothing".
    It sounds like if i do that, it would not show the clock while it's docked, which would be the opposite of what I wanted.
    03-29-12 12:50 PM
    It sounds like if i do that, it would not show the clock while it's docked, which would be the opposite of what I wanted.
    Unplug the dock and manually turning on the clock will get you the results you wish. Be sure to set "do nothing" in options for charging as well.
    03-30-12 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD