This is offroad I know , but I'm planning to buy beats headphone , and just wanted to ask this simple question : which is better ? Solo or Studio ? You know coz studio is a little pricy ! Solo has a pretty good price ..
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 03:25 PM
    Studio's use batteries.... nuff said.

Solo's feel cheaper than Studio's.

I havent listened to either, but I've examined both. Studio's are clearly the better quality headset but the batteries...... I just cant take that. But I guess its better than a power cable.... *sigh* I'd like to add that I get these headsets at cost, just because I like to gloat!
    09-14-11 03:40 PM
    I have had both and the studio gives a better sound. However you cannot go wrong with the Solo, especially if you plan on wearing your headphones out and about. The Studio is more suited for indoor use.

09-14-11 03:54 PM
    If you are going to spend that much on headphones, do not get Beats. They are overpriced, made from subpar materials, and compared to the competition, sound like ****.

Take a look at the Sennheiser HD-25 1 II's (Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD25-1 II Closed Back Professional Headphone with Swivel Earcups: Electronics)

The HD25's are well regarded by the Audiophile community and for good reason: They are indestructible, and have incredible sound quality for the price.
    dani-b likes this.
    09-14-11 04:16 PM
    I forgot to mention that this is a major problem with the Dre Beats headphones as well. ENJOY!

EDIT: Apparently the new YouTube link button doesnt work, or Im just not using it correctly anywho heres the link instead....

Dre Beats..... Break!

AND ANOTHER!

AND YET ANOTHER!....

Clearly the quality of these headphones is very poor... I knew they were getting a lot of returns, now I can see why.
    Last edited by DannyJK; 09-14-11 at 05:33 PM.
    09-14-11 05:14 PM
    Beats are terrible.
    They're almost as bad as Bose equipment.
    09-14-11 05:22 PM
    Solos suck. Hard.
    I have Studios.

09-14-11 05:23 PM
    thanks everyone ,

@DannyJK : what the **** , I didn't know that studios use batteries :O .. and the vids , are you serious .. I don't think amma buy in this case ! I would get a skull candy won't it be better !

I have had both and the studio gives a better sound. However you cannot go wrong with the Solo, especially if you plan on wearing your headphones out and about. The Studio is more suited for indoor use.
    @dafunkhead , what do you mean ? Solo is better ?

If you are going to spend that much on headphones, do not get Beats. They are overpriced, made from subpar materials, and compared to the competition, sound like ****.

Take a look at the Sennheiser HD-25 1 II's (Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD25-1 II Closed Back Professional Headphone with Swivel Earcups: Electronics)

The HD25's are well regarded by the Audiophile community and for good reason: They are indestructible, and have incredible sound quality for the price.
    I had a look at the Sennheiser .. It seems good and price is ok .. But I don't know why am liking beats more ! but after all these complaints I got :O , I don't know am planning not to get one !

Solos suck. Hard.
    I have Studios.
    I don't know , I got many complaints on defects more than the goods of beats ! Both of them suck as for the quality ! :S

Well guys , you changed my mind ! I mean with the videos I saw , quality sucks .. other than that they're pricy !
    09-15-11 07:39 AM
    This is offroad I know , but I'm planning to buy beats headphone , and just wanted to ask this simple question : which is better ? Solo or Studio ? You know coz studio is a little pricy ! Solo has a pretty good price ..
    Thanks

if you love your music....STUDIO. Hands down. So you need batteries, big whoop, just have them in the carrying case. I absolutely love my headphones. Mowing the lawn, watching tv, drowning out my daughters crying...its the best hands down. IMO
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-15-11 08:21 AM
    if you love your music....STUDIO. Hands down. So you need batteries, big whoop, just have them in the carrying case. I absolutely love my headphones. Mowing the lawn, watching tv, drowning out my daughters crying...its the best hands down. IMO
    I agree 110%!! I love my pair of Studio's. My 4yr old daughter has has a pair of Solo's and she hasn't had any problem with them and she's 4 and rough on things.
    09-15-11 08:25 AM
    Fo'sho

Have had mine for a couple of yrs, the first pair did break on me so sent them back and got a replacement which seemed to be of better build quality from the first pair i had.

I dont use mine out and about, i have a pair of beyerdynamic in ears that i use and i use the studios inside my home when im in bed and want to listen to some music.
    09-15-11 08:32 AM
    I love at people who don't know that these are such a rip off... Grab a pair of Sennheiser HD 228, costs less, but the sound is amazingly better, richer bass, richer highs. Monster has a bad rap for boosting prices and because Dr. Dre has endorsed these, there is more of a price premium.
    09-15-11 08:39 AM
    if you're going to buy headphones, buy these. anyone in the music industry would recommend these. beats are terrible sounding headphones. if you're looking to look like a professional, or think wearing beats is "cool", i promise wearing these are going to make you look cooler...

these
    09-15-11 10:03 AM
    Sorry to bump this two month old thread, but I just thought I would give my opinion.. I have studios, sound quality is great. I have also used solos in the past, and i found that the sound isn't as good, and after a while my ears begin to hurt a bit because of the pressure.

An advantage that the Studios have is that they're noise-canceling, but unfortunately because of this, they require batteries.

There's going to be a little issue with the Studios though... Even when there playing music relatively quietly, it's not very difficult for others to hear your music.

Also, if you're going to be using the headphones with your BlackBerry, you might have the following issues:

Because of the noise-canceling feature, which can't be deactivated, you're likely going to get interference from your phone or nearby phones.

If you have a GSM phone (9000, 8900, 8520, 9700, 9800, 9780, 9900, 9790 etc.), or are roaming on a GSM network, you're probably going to get radio-like interference on one of the ears, which after a while, gets quite annoying. You can't get rid of the interference if you have GSM.

If you have a CDMA phone (8830, 8530, 9530, 9550, 9630, 9650, 9930 etc.) you're probably going to get a barely audible (but still irritating) high-pitched sound in one of the ears, and will only get sound through one of the ears. These problems can be solved by using the red cord without the microphone or buttons.

If you're going to be using your Beats with an iPod, get the Studios, for sure, can't go wrong there.

Hope I helped.
    Last edited by bobbydudeman; 11-27-11 at 10:08 PM.
    11-27-11 09:58 PM
    I've got a set of Phillips noise canceling headphones(forget the actual name of them). I bought them off Dell.ca when they were having a sale, got a great deal. I've had them for about 4 years now and they have been great for me. They use batteries and it's not an issue. I have rechargeable batteries that work just fine for this.

For those Beats headphones I've just heard how it's an image thing and the headphones are not really that good. I'd suggest to get Sennheiser ones as I've seen a fair few people talk about how great these things are.
    11-27-11 10:33 PM
    Have studio and pro. Studio is very comfortable for long use and the sound quality is amazing on both. I think solos are as good as stuidos. Go for the studio
    11-27-11 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD