BBSAK and Jbl_cmdr or whatever its called are not working with my 9900. (I'm on .353)

BBSAK won't connect upon entering password
    Jbl_cmdr won't start the wipe after it asks me the 2nd time (red screen) if I'm sure I want to wipe? I have a mac but I'm bootcamp'd in Vista Home Premium. Only thing I'v tried is running any of the 2 apps I could in Admin mode. Still won't work. Did some research not having much luck. Help? Tout Not 3z

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 02:49 PM
    Are you using the latest DM? The latest DM has issues with BBSAK. Uninstall DM and use BBSAK. Then reinstall DM.
    10-10-11 02:59 PM
    I had the same issue. If what the other guy said doesn't work, just unplug and plug the phone back in before making any and ever click. Annoying, but works.

Example:
    Get to the password screen. Type in password. Unplug phone. Plug phone back in. Hit OK.
    10-10-11 03:39 PM
    I had to uninstall all instances of BBSAK, DM and the device software and reinstall all three and it has worked flawlessly since.
    10-10-11 03:44 PM
    I've found BBSAK very OS7 unfriendly.

Give BBHybrids Tool a go. It works perfectly on OS7 and has way more features!
    Hi Tek likes this.
    10-10-11 03:50 PM
    I used the latest BBSAK to wipe my 9930 without any issue. After a fresh and successful .254 OS install with DM (using loader.exe), I couldn't connect to DM any longer, as it kept getting stalled on "Initializing device" or whatever. Anyway, wouldn't budge, until finally I got it to work after uninstalling DM, device software, and a fresh download and re-install of DM (the same version by the way).

just fyi..
    10-10-11 07:51 PM
    The problem lies in the device manager associated with the desktop software. Reinstalling desktop software and clicking repair will also work and save you time rather than completely uninstalling and then installing again.

10-10-11 08:16 PM
    The problem lies in the device manager associated with the desktop software. Reinstalling desktop software and clicking repair will also work and save you time rather than completely uninstalling and then installing again.

What about Device Manager (Windows)? Is it some quirk in the USB drivers?
    10-10-11 08:24 PM
    What about Device Manager (Windows)? Is it some quirk in the USB drivers?
    It must be. When you notice BBSAK not connecting to your BB, go double click the Device Manager icon. The BB isn't connected to the computer.
    10-10-11 08:44 PM
    I've been using the RIM Javawipe utility, which suffers no ill effects from DM and OS7. BBSAK uses some of the RIM software to perform the wipe as well...and unless you're using BBSAK for any other reason, you only need to use the Javawipe utility from RIM.

Now, you may be having some issues due to the MAC, but that's another story...
    10-10-11 10:06 PM
    I had the same issue. If what the other guy said doesn't work, just unplug and plug the phone back in before making any and ever click. Annoying, but works.

Example:
    Get to the password screen. Type in password. Unplug phone. Plug phone back in. Hit OK.
    What I ended up doing is when at password screen, connect device and hit USB device on phone and connect on password screen at the same time. and it worked :s .. I also removed my password that for some reason made a difference too.

no installing .440 from .353

Thanks all for help hopefully this will be useful to someone browsing this in the future.
    10-12-11 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD