Ever since I upgraded my BBM on my 9900, I can't seem to connect to the server. I can't use BBM for some reason. Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Cheers!

Blackberry Bold 9900
    06-07-16 04:07 PM
    Ever since I upgraded my BBM on my 9900, I can't seem to connect to the server. I can't use BBM for some reason. Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Cheers!

Blackberry Bold 9900
    Are you on BIS or BES, the latter via a company or government BlackBerry Enterprise account?
    On legacy BlackBerry devices, you need a BlackBerry Services account to use BBM and a lot of other BlackBerry features.
    BIS (BlackBerry Internet Services) is normally through your cell provider.
    You will know if your device is active and connected to BIS/BES via the BlackBerry Spot symbol being visible on the status bar at the top of the display, normally near the signal bars.

If you do have an active BIS/BES account, but the spots are not visible, try a battery pull to preform a Hard Reset.
    This will clear the devices caches and shut down the background apps and services, generally fixing any bugged apps, services, or corrupted caches. It doesn't delete any files, apps, contacts, or messages.
    1. Remove the back cover.
    2. Remove the battery
    3. Wait a few seconds and reinsert the battery.
    4. Power on the device.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after booting up from a Hard Reset, as it is working hard rebuilding caches and restarting background apps and services, so it's best to just let it sit for five minutes before continuing to trouble shoot.

If it is still acting up after a Hard Reset, try having the BIS service books pushed, contact your carrier for instructions.

If you do not have an active BIS/BES account, then you wont be able to run BBM.
    06-07-16 05:13 PM
    Are you on BIS or BES, the latter via a company or government BlackBerry Enterprise account?
    On legacy BlackBerry devices, you need a BlackBerry Services account to use BBM and a lot of other BlackBerry features.
    BIS (BlackBerry Internet Services) is normally through your cell provider.
    You will know if your device is active and connected to BIS/BES via the BlackBerry Spot symbol being visible on the status bar at the top of the display, normally near the signal bars.

If you do have an active BIS/BES account, but the spots are not visible, try a battery pull to preform a Hard Reset.
    This will clear the devices caches and shut down the background apps and services, generally fixing any bugged apps, services, or corrupted caches. It doesn't delete any files, apps, contacts, or messages.
    1. Remove the back cover.
    2. Remove the battery
    3. Wait a few seconds and reinsert the battery.
    4. Power on the device.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after booting up from a Hard Reset, as it is working hard rebuilding caches and restarting background apps and services, so it's best to just let it sit for five minutes before continuing to trouble shoot.

If it is still acting up after a Hard Reset, try having the BIS service books pushed, contact your carrier for instructions.

If you do not have an active BIS/BES account, then you wont be able to run BBM.
    I'm with telus, what is the approximate price of a BIS plan?

Blackberry Bold 9900
    06-07-16 07:06 PM
    Are you on postpaid or prepaid?
    06-07-16 09:36 PM
    Are you on postpaid or prepaid?
    Prepaid in the terms that this is a second hand device.

Be Bold. Blackberry 9900.
    06-07-16 10:08 PM
    Prepaid in the terms that this is a second hand device.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Are you on a regular monthly postpaid plan, or a pay as you go plan, where you prepay for minutes, data, etc.?

If you're on a monthly plan, BIS probably doesn't cost any extra over and above the regular data plan cost, but you should phone Telus to make sure, and you probably have to get them to add it to the account. Let us know if it does cost extra.

If you're on prepaid, Telus has a couple of BlackBerry data add-on options. Prepaid add-ons | Mobility | TELUS.com

I think Bell's prepaid BlackBerry data add-ons look better, and Bell and Telus share towers, so the coverage is the same: Prepaid plans from Bell Mobility | Bell Canada (if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see that the add-ons start as low as $10/month. You can get your Telus phone unlocked to switch carriers for free on CrackBerry, or for about $1 on eBay.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    06-07-16 10:44 PM
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. Are you on a regular monthly postpaid plan, or a pay as you go plan, where you prepay for minutes, data, etc.?

If you're on a monthly plan, BIS probably doesn't cost any extra over and above the regular data plan cost, but you should phone Telus to make sure, and you probably have to get them to add it to the account. Let us know if it does cost extra.

If you're on prepaid, Telus has a couple of BlackBerry data add-on options. Prepaid add-ons | Mobility | TELUS.com

I think Bell's prepaid BlackBerry data add-ons look better, and Bell and Telus share towers, so the coverage is the same: Prepaid plans from Bell Mobility | Bell Canada (if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see that the add-ons start as low as $10/month. You can get your Telus phone unlocked to switch carriers for free on CrackBerry, or for about $1 on eBay.
    Thank you for your help

06-08-16 06:27 AM