Please I want to know if the blackberry battery drains faster when the user has many BBM contacts (about 900)? My battery drains every 5hrs after full charge and I have done all that needs to be done to save battery power.. Battery saving mode is always running, backlight set to the lowest brightness, all unnecessary apps deleted and my phone is mostly on silent but my battery always dies after 5hrs.. Pls help me.
    09-23-12 04:40 AM
    I don't think that having many contacts on BBM will drain the battery faster. You can opt to extend your battery life by switching to 2G connection rather than keeping it always on 3G, make sure that your apps are close and not running in the background, and keeping your screen brightness to a medium level.
    09-23-12 05:10 AM
    If you have a lot of groups, your battery will go fast.
    09-23-12 05:47 AM
    It does drain battery fast, since you have 900 contacts and if they update their profile even once a day that's a 900 refreshes for your phone and BBM. In some OS does takes a lot of battery
    But I don't use it so can't say much, delete some contacts and disable getting updates from them or group messages etc
    09-24-12 05:25 AM
    Why would someone need 900 bbm contacts? I have 1 bbm friend. Everyone I know that had a blackberry made a smart move and left to Apple.
    09-24-12 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD