Hello, I know there is threads about this but what now has changed, that in Q2 Fiscal 2012 Results Announcement Conference Call they said that BBOS is for low cost and "3rd countries" is it smart to buy this phone now for about 600 dollars if you know that after half a year okey if they are slow, after longer time, but your phone will be in low cost category and i think not supported much...

What is you opinion on this?

Asking this because thinking to go and buy 9900 on Monday but now I do not know what to do.
    09-15-11 05:05 PM
    No way would I spend that much on a device that you'll probably only use two years. If you're under contract just wait til you can upgrade and get a discounted phone. I can't see paying retail for something that you can get for half price, or even free. Seems like a waste of money just for Instant gratification.

That's just my opinion. If you had money to burn, then go for it.
    09-15-11 05:09 PM
    This happens to all devices within 2 years. The mobile development cycle is fairly short, and RIM has a large user base on older devices. Blackberry models have an operational life well past the time when RIM stops developing OS releases for them. I used my 8300 for almost 3 years, and my 9700 for 2. Both are still very capable devices (except the trackball on my 8300 is kinda shot). My son used an 8310 until a few months ago.

If you are looking forward to a QNX device, you need to weigh your current need against a future want, and finances, if that's an issue. You can pick up a 9700 or 9780 pretty cheap right now, and save your contract and/or money and wait to upgrade to a QNX device a year from now, or you can spring for the 9900, enjoy it, and worry about QNX later.

Curves are considered "low-end" devices, but the original 83xx series was the highest-selling mobile phone for a few years running, with millions of satisfied owners still out there. How much does it matter what other people think of your device, as long as it works for _you_?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 05:21 PM
    We get to see a glimpse of qnx berries on oct. 18-20 (devcon) so I would just wait and compare the 2 even if you'll only be able to see the QNX berries through video.
    EDIT: if jim and mike do follow through :-)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Aomar7; 09-15-11 at 05:36 PM.
    09-15-11 05:32 PM
    buy an enjoy what u can. there is no end point in chasing technology.

newer iphones are being rolled out every year. when IP5 comes out, most will buy and wait for IP6.
    09-15-11 05:52 PM
    I heard RIM is not that good at making an OS, so for me, I don't really care if it has QNX or not, that why I chose to buy this phone and just use it for the next 3 years and after that, I will look for another replacement. In term of specs, bold 9900 is already pretty high end, the OS7 is pretty light and considered overkill for this OS so dual core will just be a waste of money because it can't really take any advantage of the extra core. Again I would never spend so much money on a device that I can only use it for 1-1.5 years
    09-15-11 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD