Hi,
    I run my BB with OS 7.10.205. I'm very satisfied with almost everything, except huge memory leak. After reboot I have about 183 Mb of memory. But after 3,4 h it is only 163Mb.
    I find out that probably it is browser fault. If I don't run browser - there is nomemory leak.
    Previously I thought that mayby any app can cause thes memory leak, but now it seems it is fault of OS? What do you think?
    02-13-12 12:20 PM
    well did you double checked everything, do you close off every applications, native,
    and so on when you don't use it to be safe.
    do you have applications that could eat up your memory on the background?
    i don't really have a memory-leak but it can jump on and forth quite sometimes though.
    02-13-12 12:25 PM
    I think so. But when I check memory using after reboot (in application menagement), browser starts with 6,2 Mb, and after 3h it is sometimes 62 Mb.You think that any other app can have influence on browser memory using?
    02-13-12 12:29 PM
    To a degree this is normal. As apps run they cache data to the application storage (as opposed to memory, which is like the RAM in your computer). As time goes on more data is cached and application storage goes down. This was a huge problem on older Berries (9000 comes to mind here) which would freeze up and start deleting user data after about a day. OS 7 seems to work much better in this regard, and the tripped app storage reall helps too. My 9900 starts up with somewhere in the high 180s of free storage, and I'm currently sitting at 154 after 3 days uptime.

If your berry starts getting slow and starts showing the spinning clock a lot and for extended periods of time, do a battery pull (or alt shift delete) to restart and free up storage space. Another option, what I do, is install quick pull and tell it to alert me when my app storage gets to less than 100 MB, at which point I'll restart it. You can also set QP to restart your device at a set time every day, which is good if you're super anal about it.

Basically, don't worry about it unless things start to get slow, and if they do, do a battery pull. Watching your app storage like a hawk just causes unneeded worry. Plus, when doing battery pulls you don't lose a significant amount of charge anymore (another issue that's been fixed from OS 5 devices).

You can also look at which apps you have installed (no, it's not Facebook as people like to blame). I know that in my experience IM+ chews storage space caching avatars and what not.
    Last edited by Benjamindaines; 02-13-12 at 12:49 PM.
    02-13-12 12:47 PM
    I think so. But when I check memory using after reboot (in application menagement), browser starts with 6,2 Mb, and after 3h it is sometimes 62 Mb.You think that any other app can have influence on browser memory using?

Nothing to worry about.
    02-13-12 12:51 PM
    I see something similar, and I have the impression that opening BB App World causes the OS to grab a largish chunk of memory that it doesn't readily let go of.
    02-13-12 12:58 PM
    I see something similar, and I have the impression that opening BB App World causes the OS to grab a largish chunk of memory that it doesn't readily let go of.
    same here, i do often forgot to close the appworld somehow,
    and it was kinda trying eating up my memory and it wouldn't spew out the mb.
    02-13-12 01:01 PM
    Yeah, it does leak a little but to be fair so do most other phones.
    Its quite minimal for me though-a reboot every few days seems to do the trick, which I usually have to do when I upgrade apps etc anyhow!
    02-13-12 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD